Boris Johnson resigns.... So does LIZ TRUSS AFTER 44 DAYS!!!!

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
edited October 2022 in A Moving Train
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    There’s really only one option for him: move to the United States and become a cult hero.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    OnWis97 said:
    There’s really only one option for him: move to the United States and become a cult hero.
    Trump would have him as VP Trumpolinni would wave any hurdles even if he’s not a citizen 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited July 2022
    OnWis97 said:
    Had he not renounced his citizenship (as he was born in NY) in 2016 he could have done more than that as a natural born US citizen 
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    "Them's the breaks." - Boris Johnson during his resignation speech.     lol 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    This is where I get my news. Thank you loyal AMT staff.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    OnWis97 said:
    Had he not renounced his citizenship (as he was born in NY) in 2016 he could have done more than that as a natural born US citizen 
    Woah....I had no clue he was born in the US.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    holy crap
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384

"You can go with some dignity or you can be forced out like Donald Trump, clinging to power and pretending he’s won the election when he’s lost."

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2022/07/07/embattled-uk-prime-minister-boris-johnson-agrees-to-resign/?p1=hp_featurestack

TFG's an international joke. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I just said the same thing! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited July 2022
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

The next thing your going to say is “what, Ted Cruz was born in Canada, and John McCain was born in Panama?” 😂

Both acquired citizenship at birth (natural born) due to their mothers being US citizens and both ran for president. They could have been born on the moon.

kind of ruins the birther argument.  If Obama actually was born in Kenya, so what? Doesn’t change a thing.  I always love that irony 

I think Boris gave up citizenship due to tax reasons.  He would have had to file US taxes from his first job up until 2016 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

The next thing your going to say is “what, Ted Cruz was born in Canada, and John McCain was born in Panama?” 😂

Both acquired citizenship at birth (natural born) due to their mothers being US citizens and both ran for president. They could have been born on the moon.

kind of ruins the birther argument.  If Obama actually was born in Kenya, so what? Doesn’t change a thing.  I always love that irony 

I think Boris gave up citizenship due to tax reasons.  He would have had to file US taxes from his first job up until 2016 
    Not giving credence to birtherism at ALL, but was at least one of Obama's parents a US citizen?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited July 2022
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Not giving credence to birtherism at ALL, but was at least one of Obama's parents a US citizen?
    His mother. That’s not in dispute.

Ted Cruz’s father was a Cuban national at the time of birth , Obamas was Kenyan 

citizenship follows the mother, not father in the case of an abroad birth.  Hence American soldiers getting foreign nationals pregnant overseas those kids are not us citizens, at least not automatically.  Or at least that use to be the case 
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

citizenship follows the mother, not father in the case of an abroad birth.  Hence American soldiers getting foreign nationals pregnant overseas those kids are not us citizens 
    that is INSANE that, in all of the interviews that conservatives had about Obama's birth on regular talk shows, etc, not ONE person challenged it with "well his mother was born here, so the point is moot". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Ted Cruz’s father was a Cuban national at the time of birth , 
    And also planned JFK's assassination according to DJT.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

citizenship follows the mother, not father in the case of an abroad birth.  Hence American soldiers getting foreign nationals pregnant overseas those kids are not us citizens 
    that is INSANE that, in all of the interviews that conservatives had about Obama's birth on regular talk shows, etc, not ONE person challenged it with "well his mother was born here, so the point is moot". 

Trump funded a full investigation regarding Obama’s phony birth certificate and will have a full report to us soon. It’s not like he won the presidency five years after that promise or whether any silly people believed him.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

citizenship follows the mother, not father in the case of an abroad birth.  Hence American soldiers getting foreign nationals pregnant overseas those kids are not us citizens, at least not automatically.  Or at least that use to be the case 
    The mother being a citizen doesn’t automatically make the child does it?
    People can have dual citizenship and be living in another country, I don’t think their children are automatically citizens are they?
    edited July 2022
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

The mother being a citizen doesn’t automatically make the child does it?
    People can have dual citizenship and be living in another country, I don’t think their children are automatically citizens are they?
    If you are born overseas to an American mother your birth certificate is issued by the state department and looks like this.  I have one for each of my 3 kids. Technically is called a consular report of birth abroad, your birth certificate is still from wherever you were born but it’s the document you use when someone needs a birth certificate.  If you have lived physically in the US for some time period in your life and are a citizen, yes that’s the case 

The embassy took my info too but said it isn’t necessary to get the birth certificate as I could have been a one night stand . The father seems to be irrelevant 

Ted Cruz would have had to have gotten his citizenship the same way, at birth, automatically as a birthright.  American mother, Cuban father, born in Alberta Canada. If not he would be a naturalised citizen, not a natural born one and ineligible to be president. Boris Johnson got his however based on the physical location of his birth, also automatically 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited July 2022

As if the birther movement couldn't be any dumber.  :D 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
     Now he has time to make movies again, like Point Break 2 and Under Siege 
    edited July 2022
    He was in movies? I didn’t know that … edit: two hours later and I get it  Gary Busey 😂

my image of Boris will always be him getting stuck on the zip line at the olympics.

I had just moved there and I had no idea who our mayor was, come to find out it was this guy (not my pic unfortunately)…
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Or when he full on rugby tackled a kid 1 8th of his body mass 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Boris is finally a good boy.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

So where does this some someone like Sun Ra who was born on Saturn?  I think he considered himself to be a citizen of the galaxy.  That seems quite reasonable to me. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Liz Truss lasted 6 weeks, SIX WEEKS, before stepping down.

WOW.

@lastexitlondon how's that shit going over?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Liz Truss lasted 6 weeks, SIX WEEKS, before stepping down.

WOW.

Apparently, some tabloid was live streaming a contest of which would last longer, Truss or a head of lettuce? Looks like the lettuce won.
  • The lettuce is more famous here than lizz.  Its been projected visually on the house s of parliament. 
    Seriously  the pound is equal to the dollar . I never seen that before.
     There  will be people on the streets mass protests  if there isn't  a general election.  These tories are scum. Did you know liz truss is now  entitled  to 115.000 pounds a year for  life. Thats some bent shit.
     The conservatives are a bunch of entitled  wankers. 
    The country  will revolt
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    The lettuce is more famous here than lizz.  Its been projected visually on the house s of parliament. 
    Seriously  the pound is equal to the dollar . I never seen that before.
     There  will be people on the streets mass protests  if there isn't  a general election.  These tories are scum. Did you know liz truss is now  entitled  to 115.000 pounds a year for  life. Thats some bent shit.
     The conservatives are a bunch of entitled  wankers. 
    The country  will revolt
    I just saw that yesterday. that's insane for a month and a half of work. there should be a minimum service period where you qualify for that after. otherwise I'd just run, win, and resign immediately. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• They are "finding" a new PM by next friday then that  person will get kicked out,get £115,000 a year for life.
    The party is flawed at every level. And as far as boris coming back. Not in my lifetime.  He is a fucking joke. Watch the sky Atlantic thing about him. Fucking womanizer and bumbling idiot
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Liz Truss lasted 6 weeks, SIX WEEKS, before stepping down.

WOW.

Jeez a platform based on tax cuts for the ultra wealthy while inflation is on the rise, who would have figured that wouldn't work out.  Too bad they railroaded Corbyn all those years ago.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • I agree
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07