Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Howard saw the potential in Jimmy and was even begging him to join HHM.  

One of the great things about the show.  Despite being an antagonist, basically everything Chuck said about/to Jimmy was dead-on.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    MayDay10 said:
    Howard saw the potential in Jimmy and was even begging him to join HHM.  

One of the great things about the show.  Despite being an antagonist, basically everything Chuck said about/to Jimmy was dead-on.  

To expand on your last point (which I agree with)... everything people have said to Kim about Jimmy has also been dead on, but those conversations have only further galvanized her. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    edited May 2022
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Masterpiece 

Feel so bad for Howard. He didn't deserve anything that happened to him and was about the only person in the BB/BCS universe that actually improved as a person over his timeline.

But let’s not forget Hamlin got involved in a family decision, picked sides, and was aggressive in his disrespect for Jimmy over the years. The bad luck being he didn’t  know Jimmy was involved with kingpins. Hamlin helped mold Jimmy into the person he was and paid the price. The disrespect of Jimmy over the years was the reason Jimmy was merciless  in his retaliation and the reason why Hamlin was compelled to go to Jimmies at the worst time imaginable. 

He didn't deserve to have his career and reputation destroyed because of that. Not to mention he spent a lot of time the last few seasons trying to atone for those early actions. Jimmy was already the way he was before Howard. Hell, most of the reason Chuck didn't want him in the firm was because of Slippin Jimmy. 

Kim was the fuel to the fire that molded Jimmy to Saul. 
    Agreed on pretty much every point... I came around on Howard as a character towards the end of S3 when Chuck was in his downward spiral. Patrick Fabian was fantastic in the role, and the more I watched the more I appreciated him. 

The moment he had w/ the intern in this most recent episode was one of the great things about this show... despite all his stiffness and arrogance etc, he was a good guy deep down, happy to help the new kid along w/ some advice. I was sorry to see him meet the end he did, despite his flaws. 

& You're spot on about Kim... Jimmy tried pulling back a couple times on bringing down Howard, but it was Kim who pushed him. The only person to realize that Kim is a wolf in sheep's clothing was Mike. Everyone else thinks she's the voice of reason & Jimmy's the bad influence. 
    Everything you guys have said here is so spot on. I finally caught up last night. Incredible episode. I think someone said earlier that it's slowness is what makes it so great. It's what allows that suspenseful ending to happen. Poor Howard!

And for those who want more cartel stuff...buckle up! Sucks we have to wait until July. I was not aware of the gap. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I didn’t know about this gap nonsense either. Not a fan when Ozark did it, now BCS is. Hrrmph. 

Also sorry to see Howard just…gone. Damn you, Lalo!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    hedonist said:
    I didn’t know about this gap nonsense either. Not a fan when Ozark did it, now BCS is. Hrrmph. 

same here. I think Stranger Things is doing  it as well
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Don’t love the gap, but OTOH, I’ll be sad when the show is over, so from that standpoint I almost appreciate the pause. 

Definitely going to rewatch this season over the next few weeks. 
  • Options
    Don’t love the gap, but OTOH, I’ll be sad when the show is over, so from that standpoint I almost appreciate the pause. 

Definitely going to rewatch this season over the next few weeks.
    Me too on the rewatch. Damn memory’s gone to hell!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    edited May 2022
    The gap wasn’t  intended, which is even more wild. It was supposed to be 13 straight through but between covid and Bobs heart attack, it delayed production. 
  • Options
    forgot this starts up next week.
    Also Caro Burnett is guest starring in some episodes as "Marion".

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,402
    Carol Burnett

Whoa what a cameo.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Will not directly quote since its been awhile, regarding all the Hamlin appreciation. 

To quote Jimmy, Howard “reached a level of douchebaggery that will live on for generations”

As great a job Fabian did, his character picked sides, and sometimes with bad luck, theres no recovering from that. He made enemies with the wrong person.
  • Options
    forgot this starts up next week.
    Also Caro Burnett is guest starring in some episodes as "Marion".

bump, almost forgot the last half of the series finale starts tonight

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Damn 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Probably the best episode of anything ever
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    I have to save this for Tuesday evenings. I can’t sleep after I watch these episodes. This show is a masterpiece. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have to save this for Tuesday evenings. I can’t sleep after I watch these episodes. This show is a masterpiece. 

Probably a good call.

The last episode before the break was a tough act to follow... the wait was well worth it IMO. 

5 episodes left, I'm pretty excited to see what they do with them after last night's developments. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Another standing ovation for this show. Will miss it once it departs.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Fn brilliant writing!  That episode has me on the edge of my seat for an hour!
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    That was amazing television. One thing I love so much about this show is that even when things are laid out for you and go exactly predictable, like Gus hiding the gun and the subsequent showdown with Lalo, it's still gripping and entertaining. 

Really excited to see how the current timeline wraps up and what happens with Gene.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    GODDAMN THATS SOME FINE TELEVISION.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Excellent episode. 
  • Options
    Wow, that was pretty really awesome!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    BCS adbook page this morning....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Jumb0 said:
    That was amazing television. One thing I love so much about this show is that even when things are laid out for you and go exactly predictable, like Gus hiding the gun and the subsequent showdown with Lalo, it's still gripping and entertaining. 

Really excited to see how the current timeline wraps up and what happens with Gene.
    Right?  That episode was pretty predictable based on timelines and everything we already know but holy shit it was so well done.  My heart was racing when Kim was walking up to Gus's house.  Can't believe we only have 5 episodes left....
  • Options
    Was looking at Cranston's IMBD page today and looks like he's credited in next week's episode titled Nippy, the only one so far that isn't titled ___ & ____. 

I'm guessing tonight will be the last in the BCS timeline, next week will be in BB, and then the final 3 will be in Gene/Omaha time.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Jumb0 said:
    Was looking at Cranston's IMBD page today and looks like he's credited in next week's episode titled Nippy, the only one so far that isn't titled ___ & ____. 

I'm guessing tonight will be the last in the BCS timeline, next week will be in BB, and then the final 3 will be in Gene/Omaha time.
    possibly....but I'm thinking there will be more BCS time spent with BB since Saul hasn't even met Walt yet.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Bit of a surprise last night....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Loved it… what a great way to wrap up the BCS timeline. 

Loved the scene w/ Gus at the restaurant- for a brief moment he almost allowed himself to be human / vulnerable but he nipped it in the bud & walked away. 
    The scene at Howard’s memorial was both hilarious (the pictures had me in stitches) and heartbreaking (Kim talking to Howard’s widow was brutal). 
    I’m beyond excited for the last few episodes and will be very sad when it’s over. 
  • Options
    Loved it… what a great way to wrap up the BCS timeline. 

Loved the scene w/ Gus at the restaurant- for a brief moment he almost allowed himself to be human / vulnerable but he nipped it in the bud & walked away. 
    The scene at Howard’s memorial was both hilarious (the pictures had me in stitches) and heartbreaking (Kim talking to Howard’s widow was brutal). 
    I’m beyond excited for the last few episodes and will be very sad when it’s over. 
    I was surprised that the restaurant scene was as long as it was....your explanation makes sense though.

I'm curious what Vince Gilligan will come up with next. He knocked it out of the park with BB and BCS

• Options
    Restaurant scene did seem to linger, but I think it was to show Gus thinking that sense the Lalo threat is over that he could slip back in to somewhat normal things, but then though better of it and realized he has to be laser focused on his goal of destroying Don Eladio