2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I would have laughed at you if you told me before that game that the Warriors would win with Curry shooting 0-9 from 3.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Got 'em right where we want 'em.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    dankind said:

Wiggins has absolutely been the difference maker so far.
    Poncier said:
    Got 'em right where we want 'em.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Dan Dan the Warriors fan.

Just perfect. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Congratulations..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.
    Poncier said:
    Defense defense defense.

Wiggins was a huge factor this whole series.  He played amazing D.  I actually think he could have got the MVP of the series.
    Poncier said:
    Defense defense defense.

Wiggins was a huge factor this whole series.  He played amazing D.  I actually think he could have got the MVP of the series.
    I assume he had to have been 2nd in the voting. He finally lived up to his draft position.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I'm surprised that this was Curry's first finals MVP.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Yep, Iggy won the first one and KD the next 2.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Defense defense defense.

I assume he had to have been 2nd in the voting. He finally lived up to his draft position.
    He had to be.  This award was going to Curry no matter what so they could fairytale the story more.  Was he deserving?  Yes but that 0-9 no 3pt game is a huge blemish to me.

Wiggins didn't live up to his draft position.  He has a bunch of parts around him that enabled him to play this way.

He's a great fit for them.

Lack of Wiessman this series and his return next year should be interesting.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    You don't "win" Finals MVP (or Super Bowl MVP, World Series MVP, etc.). You're "named" Finals MVP by sportswriters that might be drunk or on enough drugs to vote for someone like Iggy. 

And what got Iggy named Finals MVP? His "great" defense on LeBron....that saw LeBron average 36 points a game that series. Steph got hosed, morons tried to discredit him because he never "won" Finals MVP, and it's a tiny turd-in-the-punchbowl of the 2015 Finals.

As for Steph this time, he was great as usual, and if not for that crappy game 5, I would've won HUGE money. I had Steph to make at least four threes in every game of the series at +1400. He had at least four in every game, except game 5 when he was 0-9. Oh well..
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    That finals MVP should have gone to LeBron. Only one losing NBA player has been named finals MVP, Jerry west, but that is precedent.  

LeBron was the leading score in the series (and outdistanced the #2 scorer Curry by a whopping 10PPG), the leading rebounder in the series and the leading assist man in the series. He was the best player in that series by a mile.
    But if writers insist on giving it to a player on the winning team, its hold have been Curry.
    You don't "win" Finals MVP (or Super Bowl MVP, World Series MVP, etc.). You're "named" Finals MVP by sportswriters that might be drunk or on enough drugs to vote for someone like Iggy. 

And what got Iggy named Finals MVP? His "great" defense on LeBron....that saw LeBron average 36 points a game that series. Steph got hosed, morons tried to discredit him because he never "won" Finals MVP, and it's a tiny turd-in-the-punchbowl of the 2015 Finals.

As for Steph this time, he was great as usual, and if not for that crappy game 5, I would've won HUGE money. I had Steph to make at least four threes in every game of the series at +1400. He had at least four in every game, except game 5 when he was 0-9. Oh well..
    You're an award winner so yes, you win...  You win an election from votes right?

I agree that LBJ should have won the award that year.  He also shouldn't have lost to Dallas and GS those 2 years. If the AC didn't go out I wonder about that series too...
    I looked at the voting for Championship MVP and Doris Burke is on there.  That is quite an honor.  Mark Jackson was on it too.

Anywho 11 votes for Steph this year, unanimous.
    So we had a draft last night.

Congrats Knicks on doing nothing again.  Congrats!

Banchero I can see at 1. 
    Holmgren I can see as a Sean Bradley.  If he can play out like KD did then he won't be Sean Bradley.  People talk highly of him but he never caught my eye when I watched the Zags games...
    Jabarri I like.  
    Murray got drafted by the Kings, I'm sorry about your luck.
    Ivey, I think will be the star of this draft.

Question?  Did anyone know who the Knicks drafted before tonight?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Getting drafted by the Kings is like being drafted by the Angels.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Holmgren looks like he's gonna get abused physically in the NBA.
    We'll see.
    Wobbie said:
    Getting drafted by the Kings is like being drafted by the Angels.
    That's low wobbles..  LOW...
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    Chet will be like Prozingis i think

Banchero reminds me of Carmelo Anthony
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Chet has to beef up. He's going to get pushed around if he doesn't. 
    Holmgren is almost definitely going to gain some weight as he gets older. Get him in the right training program and he should be able to gain 25 pounds of muscle, at the least. I don't know if I would have drafted him though. I think there are enough questions about his game to make me skeptical.

If I was a GM and didn't have to pick based on a need, I would have picked Smith first. I think his game is going to translate very well to the NBA, especially as he gains some experience. I agree with whoever said that Ivey is going to be a star.

As a pseudo-Hornets fan, I almost wish the would have kept Duren and drafted someone else instead of Williams. I don't think Cleveland was going to draft a big man, but I would have liked to see them keep #13 and draft Agbaji and then use #15 to draft Duren (or Williams if that's really who they wanted). I know the deal was made with the intention of keeping flexibility for being able to extend Bridges' contract, which is more important than developing that pick.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    So anyone that was saying Kyrie to the Lakers please stop now...  That was never going to be a thing and it's now proof.  Kyrie optioned to the Nets for another year.

Dude is just a headache.  He is Terrell Owens of the NBA.
    So anyone that was saying Kyrie to the Lakers please stop now...  That was never going to be a thing and it's now proof.  Kyrie optioned to the Nets for another year.

My local sports talk radio station has crowned him World's Most Annoying Athlete 🤣

My local sports talk radio station has crowned him World's Most Annoying Athlete 🤣
    What's crazy is that other former players aren't ready to throw him away yet either.  That is just lunacy to me.  "He can play when he is on the court", yeah no shit, but if he isn't on the court or needs another break then he isn't on the damn court!

Lakers were the one team willing to do a sign and trade for Kyrie. Problem was that their offer was Westbrook, who Brooklyn wanted no part of.