Options

***Chris Cornell Official Thread***

2»

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    anyone buy the 4 cd box? I was holding it in my hands, but the $74.99 (CDN) price seemed pretty steep for mostly material I already have. is the booklet any good? Lots of pics or anything worth noting?
    I've had that thing in my Amazon cart off and on for months. I don't think I'll ever purchase it. I have nearly all of Cornell's work with one exception - Scream. I haven't ever listened to it. Maybe I should do that this afternoon and see what all the kerfuffle was about.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Also, I'll plug the SDE of 'Superunknown' as one of my favorites. I love that album so much - getting to hear those songs evolve, plus all the rest still gets me good every time I throw it on. Just need a 1.21 jigawatt sound system to play the blu-ray of the album.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    anyone buy the 4 cd box? I was holding it in my hands, but the $74.99 (CDN) price seemed pretty steep for mostly material I already have. is the booklet any good? Lots of pics or anything worth noting?
    I've had that thing in my Amazon cart off and on for months. I don't think I'll ever purchase it. I have nearly all of Cornell's work with one exception - Scream. I haven't ever listened to it. Maybe I should do that this afternoon and see what all the kerfuffle was about.
    I also have everything else except scream. I have listened to it, and it wasn't for me. I had a thought, though. I may buy it as a way to introduce my pop-heavy 12 year old daughter to what a real artist is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Also, I'll plug the SDE of 'Superunknown' as one of my favorites. I love that album so much - getting to hear those songs evolve, plus all the rest still gets me good every time I throw it on. Just need a 1.21 jigawatt sound system to play the blu-ray of the album.
    i love those boxes, I just hate the cost and how much room they take up in the shack I live in. I once bought the Telephantasm box that I bought on super sale at HMV for $49.99. I thought it was an error when I walked in the store, so snapped it up. I sold it later on, but wish I hadn't. 

Part of my issue: I keep selling things to downsize but then later I realize I regret selling it. I wish I didn't like the physical product so much. But I love pouring through the liner notes, flipping through the pages, admiring the art. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I also have everything else except scream. I have listened to it, and it wasn't for me. I had a thought, though. I may buy it as a way to introduce my pop-heavy 12 year old daughter to what a real artist is. 
    Haha! I will be ready for that 7 and 11 years from now with mine! Doing my best every time we are in the car or on weekends when the stereo is on.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Haha! I will be ready for that 7 and 11 years from now with mine! Doing my best every time we are in the car or on weekends when the stereo is on.
    my 7 year old loves it all, rock, pop, etc. My 12 year old HATES my music. PJ, SG, watchmen, headstones, all of it. :s:bawling:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    i can't believe rolling stone released the 100 greatest singers of all time, and chris isn't on it. what a joke. neither is ed or layne. come on. 

Image result for rolling stone top 100 singers
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    That’s a really odd list. Bob Marley? Iggy Pop? Strange rankings and additions.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I don’t subscribe to that BS 
  • Options
    Willie Nelson and Joe ****er haha!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited October 2019
    If it’s Rollingstone then Bob Dylan and Mick Jagger have to be on it. Number 7? Did Rollingstone make this list or Alt Nation because it’s complete bullshit. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Songbook might very well be my favorite live album of all time and seeing Chris solo live in Modesto,Ca was one of the highlights of my life. Plus seeing the final Hunger Strike live at Bridge School was awesome too. Gone way too soon. Unbelievable talent.  
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    If it’s Rollingstone then Bob Dylan and Mick Jagger have to be on it. Number 7? Did Rollingstone make this list or Alt Nation because it’s complete bullshit. 
    When I think of singers I don't fondly think of Dylan, sorry, lol.

IMO George Harrison had a better voice than Paul & John...

Anything RS does is biased.  They are all Boomers stuck in a time capsule.
  • Options
    and there are two canadian singers that are miles above the rest. I know they most likely aren't known, but still. Daniel Greaves of the Watchmen (very popular canadian band) and Ian Thornley of Big Wreck. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    would still love to find that CC tour poster of the deer/buck from 2013. I've noticed that the "volume 1" has been dropped from the title of No One Sings Like You Anymore. Wonder why. Maybe volume 2 was the stuff that she claimed was solo material but SG claimed was band material. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    New Soundgarden album green-lit for release

The Antiquiet Podcast
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/6M3foJqa6mhzUdaOabB5Bk
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD