Options

Paris Info Help

Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
edited November 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Coming to Paris with my family, please if someone can recommend a nice place to stay.

I will pm more details

Thanks
CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    you might get more answers in the AET??
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    It depends what you would like to do and how long do you stay...

If you want to visit Paris and the main stuff (monuments, shopping areas, nice places to walk), you must stay in the city centre.

For me the best would be the area called "Quartier Latin" which is the area in between "St Michel-St Germain des Prés - Jardin du Luxembourg".
    It is nice, not as expensive as the Champs-elysées area for example and with many restaurants & cafés to go in the evening or in the morning.
    It is quite close to many touristic places as Notre Dame, Louvre etc.
    Really central and easy access with the metro.

Enjoy your stay !
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    Thanks
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    Paris is sweet.. I've been here since September and will stay till end of December! Thursday was the official 2007 wine tasting day! I think you can stay anywhere in Paris and you'll still be able to enjoy every part of it because of its kick-ass metro system. Although having said that they are on strike now.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    NoK wrote:
    Paris is sweet.. I've been here since September and will stay till end of December! Thursday was the official 2007 wine tasting day! I think you can stay anywhere in Paris and you'll still be able to enjoy every part of it because of its kick-ass metro system. Although having said that they are on strike now.
    ROFL
    at the moment..certainly NOT!!! (for a change.. :rolleyes: )
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7097903.stm

besides, the London tube is actually better (easier to navigate, faster..though more expensive)

sorry can't help with tips about paris..I always stay with family
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Considering there's a strike on, you're probably going to want to stay somewhere a bit central. I stayed at Montmartre when I was there- can't imagine how I'd get around if I had to worry about the metro not running all right.

Tripadvisor.com is a great resource as always.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110