Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JimmyV said:
    goldrush said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    And I liked the Ms. Marvel character very much. 
    Apparently that wasn't Ms. Marvel? I'm confused. 
    Which character do you mean? America Chavez? I thought she was pretty kick ass in the movie.

Ms Marvel is going to be a Disney+ show starting in June
    Yeah I thought America was Ms. Marvel. I liked her too but didn't realize they were two different characters. 
    Kamala Khan is Ms. Marvel. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    edited May 2022
    Looks like there will be a new season of Daredevil coming to Disney+

From Variety:

A new Daredevil series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix “Daredevil” series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox once again played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” while D’Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.”

It now appears that the project is picking up steam with the hiring of Corman and Ord, although Marvel has yet to announce anything regarding the show formally.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    never went to the cinema for Dr Strange 2.... I guess I wait for it to come to Disney+. Don't want to be that kind  of a person. But...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Anyone else finally feeling Marvelled out?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Looks like a slapstick movie.  very unimpressed by the trailer...
    static111 said:
    There was a time they couldn't miss.  They are whiffing on a few now.
    static111 said:
    I'm just feeling like, Well great I have now seen my childhood comics on the screen, but that isn't all there is, time to move on.  Seriously there are other sources to mine for material outside comic books...Heck maybe there are people out there writing new and entertaining scripts right now.  I've seen bad guys get beat for 10 years now give me a break.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    I'm just feeling like, Well great I have now seen my childhood comics on the screen, but that isn't all there is, time to move on.  Seriously there are other sources to mine for material outside comic books...Heck maybe there are people out there writing new and entertaining scripts right now.  I've seen bad guys get beat for 10 years now give me a break.
    I really wanted Secret Wars to come to life or yes, create a whole new story arc and get the comic writers involved so the story is fluid.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Really enjoyed Strange 2, love Sam Raimi films.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Even though it happened last year. Chloe Bennett dropped out of The Powerpuff Girls live action show on The CW. I wonder if Quake will make an appearance on one of the Marvel shows or movies.
    I miss igotid88
    I can't get past how bad Ms Marvel looks...
    I don't know. Her comic book series have a pretty whimsical style. And they were a blast. Looks like the TV producers are leaning into that. I'm here for it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I don't know. Her comic book series have a pretty whimsical style. And they were a blast. Looks like the TV producers are leaning into that. I'm here for it.
    It's been a long time coming for her to get her own movie but this just doesn't look up my alley at all...  Something I didn't think I would like was the Spiderverse movie.  Bring back Morales for another one.  He is another fan favorite.
    dankind said:
    It's been a long time coming for her to get her own movie but this just doesn't look up my alley at all...  Something I didn't think I would like was the Spiderverse movie.  Bring back Morales for another one.  He is another fan favorite.
    Miles and Kamala interact in the comics' storyline, so I could see a live action Miles making an appearance in a late episode of the Ms. Marvel show.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    We saw Thor: Love & Thunder last night. It was good, but not as good as Ragnarok. At times it felt a little too Taika, a bit too silly, and there were a few parts that didn’t work. Christian Bale and Natalie Portman were great though.

The Thor movies may be a mixed bag, but Loki, Hela, and now Gorr have been some of the MCU’s best villains.

(Tim Rogers)
    edited August 2022

Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)

(Tim Rogers)
    edited July 2022

(Tim Rogers)
    edited July 2022

(Tim Rogers)

(Tim Rogers)
    Can you guys even follow all this?  I'm tapped out.  Way too much of an investment at this point.  A man can't live on Marvel alone.
    Scio me nihil scire

So let me get this straight.  We get a hopefully proper FF, skrulls and Secret Wars?

I'm in heaven if I am reading this right...

Marvels might end up being a bag of shit...

The Beyonder was a dream of mine to see on the screen and maybe, just maybe the proper Venom storyline will be told?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I like the idea of a lot of that but I'm already so far behind and some of them are getting worse.  (Vision and Loki....fuck me in the goat ass.  Don't want more of that.)

Next up is What If....and if I skip that it would be Legend of Ten Rings.
    Oh well.
    Loved the Daredevil Netflix series so hope this can continue that.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited July 2022
    And, Beyonder was awesome, I do remember some of that from comics.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I like the idea of a lot of that but I'm already so far behind and some of them are getting worse.  (Vision and Loki....fuck me in the goat ass.  Don't want more of that.)

Oh well.

What if are just spinoffs and "what if" like the older comic line.  I do wonder if it plays going forward into the multiverse stuff?  

And for the record I think the multiverse is dumb...

Oh well.

Charlie Cox as Daredevil will be in the She-Hulk show that’s coming in August, and also in Echo with Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin, before the new Daredevil show.

static111 said:
    Can you guys even follow all this?  I'm tapped out.  Way too much of an investment at this point.  A man can't live on Marvel alone.
    It’s only really a handful of movies over 2 years, there’s still plenty of time for other things. My son is getting into the MCU movies but, like me, he has never read a Marvel comic so we don’t have any expectations before we see a new one. I have friends who go crazy at the slightest change from the source material, it’s much easier if you don’t know!  :)

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Oh well.

Charlie Cox as Daredevil will be in the She-Hulk show that’s coming in August, and also in Echo with Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin, before the new Daredevil show.

static111 said:
    It’s only really a handful of movies over 2 years, there’s still plenty of time for other things. My son is getting into the MCU movies but, like me, he has never read a Marvel comic so we don’t have any expectations before we see a new one. I have friends who go crazy at the slightest change from the source material, it’s much easier if you don’t know!  :)
    She Hulk is something I don't see working.  It hasn't worked in comics yet...
    goldrush said:

Oh well.

static111 said:
    It looks like there are hours worth of limited series as well.  I haven't seen any of the disney plus shows or the last 3 Marvel movies.  It's way too much at this point.  I am looking forward to Daredevil, I only hope I don't have to watch 20 hours of other shows for it all to make sense.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    static111 said:
    I'm there with you. I got Marvel fatigue about 5 years ago...right when Guardians 2 came out.