Options

I wish I could be in Australia..

noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Damn!!! :(

Compared to the european tour, the Australian tour kicks ass so far. amazing setlists!!
plus having kings of leon as the opening band.

The Aussies got very lucky!

this is the the place to whine about not being there.

good luck.
Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Me too :(
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    Ow yes , i wish i could be there too , i have a even better wish , to be the bands roadie, or something like that :)
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I know! don't know KOL but they have to be less boring than MMJ.

and it's really not fair we got less variety in the setlists here after waiting 6 fucking years!

oh, well, we at least should get some more next year ;)
  • Options
    katjakatja Posts: 188
    Ow yes , i wish i could be there too , i have a even better wish , to be the bands roadie, or something like that :)

Mmmm... Now, that would be nice.
    But...
    I would even be a kangaroo, just to be there. :(
  • Options
    More the merrier :D

Even more so if you bring foreign beer! ;)
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    i would have loved to be at either tours--the setlists are looking a lot better but it doesnt seem like the crowds have even been close to rivaling the European shows. That's what i tell myself to make me feel better.
    Either way, I'm still jealous.
  • Options
    More the merrier :D

Even more so if you bring foreign beer! ;)
    Yer you must get sick of Foster's and XXXX all the time! ;)
  • Options
    heeeheeeeeeheeee *evil giggle*

i am here! ha!
    but....... i live here...sooooo....it's not like i did anything special to get here, but still.......
    i met quite a few people from both the uk and the us at the gigs, they made it here, whats your excuse you bad bad people!

and don't worry, it's not like us aussie pj fans wouldn't kill to see gigs in your home towns :)
  • Options
    Kept playing the lotto...hoping to get my ass down there...didn't work out :(
  • Options

I've honestly never had either before!!
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    I've honestly never had either before!!

Yeah me too :)
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    atleast you guys might see them next year... when will they be in Oz next??? younks.... look forward to the next mini tour or full album us tour.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Zoso wrote:
    atleast you guys might see them next year... when will they be in Oz next??? younks.... look forward to the next mini tour or full album us tour.

3 more years till the "Triannual Mark Richards Newcastle Show"
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    You're coming to that one...it's gotta happen :)
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323

Horse piss the pair of them. Tooheys Extra Dry MMMMM............
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    The reason why the sets were not so varied in Europe was BECAUSE they hadnt played here for 6 yrs. It was greatest hits mixed in with the odd gem here and there.

Guys lets not forget the Euro tour was INCREDIBLE. Im sure these shows are good and the setlists are wicked but please stop with the short memories already!!

Euorpean Tour 2006 was inspiring. The crowds were going OFF! SOME of the ozzie shows have been a bit lame according to reports. Every Euro show was intense... All legs are great for different reasons. They all have certain trends to them. And for those of u bitching who were actually AT the Euro shows - im shocked! Is there no pleasing you???

Please lets not belittle those incredible Black singalongs (WAY louder than any oz crowd), the rampant DTE performances, the jumping, deafening crowds.

Plus I seem to remember being at the Marseille concert and hearing Dirty Frank, Fatal and Satans Bed being busted out...;-)

My wife is ozzie - i love ozzies. But lets not get jealous of their tour after the effort and hardwork the boys put into ours. Jeez!
  • Options
    GO!!!GO!!! Posts: 74
    London_Jam wrote:
    The reason why the sets were not so varied in Europe was BECAUSE they hadnt played here for 6 yrs. It was greatest hits mixed in with the odd gem here and there.

Guys lets not forget the Euro tour was INCREDIBLE. Im sure these shows are good and the setlists are wicked but please stop with the short memories already!!

Euorpean Tour 2006 was inspiring. The crowds were going OFF! SOME of the ozzie shows have been a bit lame according to reports. Every Euro show was intense... All legs are great for different reasons. They all have certain trends to them. And for those of u bitching who were actually AT the Euro shows - im shocked! Is there no pleasing you???

Please lets not belittle those incredible Black singalongs (WAY louder than any oz crowd), the rampant DTE performances, the jumping, deafening crowds.

Plus I seem to remember being at the Marseille concert and hearing Dirty Frank, Fatal and Satans Bed being busted out...;-)

My wife is ozzie - i love ozzies. But lets not get jealous of their tour after the effort and hardwork the boys put into ours. Jeez!

Agree!!!, I've been to Arnhem and Berlin, both shows were indeed INCREDIBLE (PJ and crowd), as said many times before a good setlist doesn't always mean a good show. Europe 2006 was great and let's hope Europe 2007 or 2008/9 will get even better!!!!!
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    London_Jam wrote:

I totally agree. I'm glad that the aussies have a good tour but the europe tour was very special. It was like a big party with people from all around the world following the boys around the continent. At every show I went to I heard like 5 or 6 different languages. Eddie talking in a different language every night was very special too.
    The boys were great and since it was the first time I saw pj play I can't complain about the setlists. The Europe tour was awesome.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    London_Jam wrote:

HEY, been told this is the thread to whine so, being very good at it, I do..:p

yeah Europe tour was great but having a bit more variety (I got so sick of hearing Alive and Betterman :rolleyes: ) wouldn't have hurt anyone..
    I mean come on, in OZ they opened with a different song EVERY show! (and they get a different poster EVERY show for example)..after having been ignored for 6 years...we're still treated second rate: I'd be curious to know how many 10c tickets for each Oz show (where ther was 10c tix) there was...I bet far more than the paltry 300 we got.

the crowds may be lamer there, all the more reasons why we should be treated better..we're making the effort..

Great for the ozies, but we deserve the same treatment..
  • Options
    Ok, Now That Nothing As It Seems Was Played In Australia, It Officially Has The Edge
    Damn It!

:)
  • Options
    Ok, Now That Nothing As It Seems Was Played In Australia, It Officially Has The Edge
    Damn It!

:)

I really wanted to hear this in Melbourne, but got no joy. Anyway I will just have to wait untill they tour down here again.
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Perth 2003 Wishlist-" I wish was an Australian at home under the Sun".
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Austicman wrote:
    Perth 2003 Wishlist-" I wish was an Australian at home under the Sun".

wishlist adel 1 2006 " I wish I was in adelaide so i could lay on the beach and get laid" haha
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    WallyWally Posts: 35
    I was lucky enough to meet Eddie when they flew into the airport for the 2003 tour in Perth. I got to have a smoke with him. He was telling me that they love Australia, especially the west coast.
    3 March 1998 (Tue) - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
    19 March 1998 (Thu) - Perth Entertainment Centre
    23 February 2003 (Sun) - Burswood Dome, Perth
    25 November 2006 (Sat) - Subiaco Oval, Perth
    14 November 2009 (Sat) - ME Bank Stadium, Perth
    2 February 2014 (Sun) - Arena Joondalup, Perth
  • Options
    no a wrote:
    Damn!!! :(

Compared to the european tour, the Australian tour kicks ass so far. amazing setlists!!
    plus having kings of leon as the opening band.

The Aussies got very lucky!

this is the the place to whine about not being there.

good luck.

the set list are rockin', really good, but EU crowds is kicks ass to the all "kengeroos" :D but I am still jealous because I am not there :(
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.