This weekend we rock Portland
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Butler is alone out there...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    But he is a beast. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Lil 3 leg parlay last night with C's money line, Tatum 26.5 pts and Brown 22.5 points. Easy money. 

Fuck the Celtics.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    But he is a beast. 
    He is which is why I want him in the finals.  His supporting cast needs to support.  Herro can be a huge asset if he drains shots.

Olidipo and Adebayo need to step up big time.  Friggin Olidipo was a force a few years ago.  He looks a shell of himself on the Heat...
    Olidipo is coming off a serious injury. He was huge for them against the Sixers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bam hasn't looked anything like the guy who dominated the Celtics in the bubble 2 years ago thus far.
    Of course, Daniel Theis was charged with guarding him in 2020, this year there's more (and better) bigs to defend him with.
    Olidipo is coming off a serious injury. He was huge for them against the Sixers.
    Poncier said:
    Bam hasn't looked anything like the guy who dominated the Celtics in the bubble 2 years ago thus far.
    Of course, Daniel Theis was charged with guarding him in 2020, this year there's more (and better) bigs to defend him with.
    I watched 2 games of Heat playoffs and didn't see squat from him.  I know this was his 2nd big injury right?  Other one was w the pacers a few years back I believe?

Anywho I haven't seen him on his best days.  It seems that the whole secondary is streaky on the Heat after Butler.
    If you call Tatum and Butler a wash at the top of the respective rosters, then the Celtics definitely have the advantage in rotation players 2-8 if everyone is healthy, especially if you get the version of Marcus Smart we saw last night. 
    But as we've seen, one turned ankle or a horrible shooting night from your superstar will turn a series in an instant.
    This one has a long way to go, at least 6 games and probably 7.
    I'm just glad that Jamie from Progressive while getting his first significant minutes since game 1 vs Atlanta went 0-4 from three, don't want that dude getting confidence back in his stroke.
    In general, I think the Heat are a pretty weak 1 seed. If the Sixers were at full strength, I think they would've beaten them in six 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    In general, I think the Heat are a pretty weak 1 seed. If the Sixers were at full strength, I think they would've beaten them in six 
    When the Heat click, which they did for a good part of the season, they are really good.

Adebayo and Olidipo need to show up.
    When the Heat click, which they did for a good part of the season, they are really good.

Yeah but every 1 seed should be really good though. I just think they're weaker compared to other 1 seeds. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah but every 1 seed should be really good though. I just think they're weaker compared to other 1 seeds. 
    It was a weird season to be sure. Not gonna say they are a weak 1 seed, but they are definitely an under the radar 1 seed. Nobody paid much attention to them media wise all season. The narrative in the east centered mostly on Brooklyn, then on Milwaukee, then on your Sixers post trade deadline, and finally on my Celts late in the season when they began playing to potential. Miami hardly got mentioned.
    Well now.  Warriors look like themselves.  Luka still needs help.  Open look after open look and the shots are not falling...  If those 3's by Dallas start going in it is a whole different series.

GS wins another title this year.  I don't see anyone else beating them at full staff.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Thanks Steve Kerr… from the heart & intelligently said. 
    Well GS and Boston it will be.  GS will win another chip.
    We'll see.
    If the Celtics get there, they match up quite well with the Warriors. 
    Plus, if you are predicting GS, that's a lock for the Celts based on your past prognostications of Brooklyn then Milwaukee this post-season :lol: 
    Poncier said:
    We'll see.
    If the Celtics get there, they match up quite well with the Warriors. 
    Plus, if you are predicting GS, that's a lock for the Celts based on your past prognostications of Brooklyn then Milwaukee this post-season :lol: 
    Hey I changed BK right after the 2nd game, I saw the writing on the wall, I got it.

Milwaukee made me a believer in Boston, somewhat, lol.  I told you that I haven't trusted Boston because of every year prior...

I do not see Boston matching up well w GS at all.
    With the Celtics, one has to remember that Tatum just turned 24 and Brown is 25. People expect these guys (not just them, but young budding stars in general) to be ready to win titles at 20, 21, 22 years old. It just doesn't happen. Guys don't play 4 years of college ball and enter the NBA at a more physically mature and seasoned 22 anymore, they are usually 19, still often needing to bulk up and needing to adapt to the rigors of the NBA (big jump form 36 or so college game season to 82 in the NBA against much better & stronger competition). So, the Celtics are pretty much on the timeline for these 2 guys to be hitting the beginning of their window. Steph was 27 and Klay was 25 when they won their first title.

As for the matchup. Look at the recent years. They split this year, 
    They have played 8 games when the Celtics have had Tatum and the Warriors have had Steph in the lineup. Celtics are 5-3 in those games.
    They match up very well.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    i think Celtics beat GS In 6
    Poncier said:
    With the Celtics, one has to remember that Tatum just turned 24 and Brown is 25. People expect these guys (not just them, but young budding stars in general) to be ready to win titles at 20, 21, 22 years old. It just doesn't happen. Guys don't play 4 years of college ball and enter the NBA at a more physically mature and seasoned 22 anymore, they are usually 19, still often needing to bulk up and needing to adapt to the rigors of the NBA (big jump form 36 or so college game season to 82 in the NBA against much better & stronger competition). So, the Celtics are pretty much on the timeline for these 2 guys to be hitting the beginning of their window. Steph was 27 and Klay was 25 when they won their first title.

As for the matchup. Look at the recent years. They split this year, 
    They have played 8 games when the Celtics have had Tatum and the Warriors have had Steph in the lineup. Celtics are 5-3 in those games.
    They match up very well.
    No Klay, Poole wasn't coming around and Wiggins woke up.  Throw Kuminga in there too for good measure as a player coming around.
    Wiggins will be neutralized by Horford and the Williams twins easily. He scored more than 20 points one time in the playoffs and suddenly folks are bronzing his bust in Springfield, He's a tertiary piece on his best day, usually just a role player.
    Its gonna come down to Curry & Thompson. If the Celts can defend them well (Marcus Smart's ankle health will be a key factor), then they can win.
    Should be a good series (if it comes to pass), and hopefully a symbolic passing of the torch from the Splash Bros to Tatum & Brown as the next reigning duo for a while.
    Poncier said:
    Wiggins will be neutralized by Horford and the Williams twins easily. He scored more than 20 points one time in the playoffs and suddenly folks are bronzing his bust in Springfield, He's a tertiary piece on his best day, usually just a role player.
    Its gonna come down to Curry & Thompson. If the Celts can defend them well (Marcus Smart's ankle health will be a key factor), then they can win.
    Should be a good series (if it comes to pass), and hopefully a symbolic passing of the torch from the Splash Bros to Tatum & Brown as the next reigning duo for a while.
    Wiggins defense has been stepped up. Don't need him to score 20 was my point.  Horford is a role player now too.  A good one though.  Then who is on Dreymond?  He can score if he has to.  He's not just a facilitator.

You left out Poole who has come on in to his own.

I guess they will just leave Poole open to dunk on every possession.
    Have you watched the Celtics play defense this postseason?
    They switch and recover as well as any team has in a long time. They have size, length and strength with every guy in regular rotation outside of Pritchard. Guys like Poole won't get all the open looks he got against the Denvers and Memphises of the world.

Should be a good, competitive series (if it comes to pass).
    Poncier said:
    I guess they will just leave Poole open to dunk on every possession.
    Have you watched the Celtics play defense this postseason?
    They switch and recover as well as any team has in a long time. They have size, length and strength with every guy in regular rotation outside of Pritchard. Guys like Poole won't get all the open looks he got against the Denvers and Memphises of the world.

Should be a good, competitive series (if it comes to pass).
    They do play really good D but the movement that GS does is fantastic.  No one moves like them in the league.  If they have to, Curry will run all over the place swishing from the logo to free everyone else up.

Yes it will be a good series.  If Boston stays like this a torch will be passed soon but not yet.  GS still has their dynasty in tact.
    That third quarter run by the Mavs was fun to watch.  In the end though their defense stunk.  I f they can learn that this team might do some good as long as their 3's go in.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    should be fun tonight.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    That series should be good prep for facing Draymond Green.
    I saw GS wins.
    I saw GS wins.
    And now we can crown the Celtics NBA champions.  :D