Options

The Police

2»

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    back in the day...i had just about anything anyone from the band produced...musically or otherwise. have to say, andy's not a half-bad photographer either.

lucky for my hubby i never got to meet, and thus marry as i always planned to ;), steward copeland. :D

and yes, the collaberation between frip and summer was excellent stuff. the police were a very rythym-driven band, understandly with a singer/bass player at the helm...but sumner's guiter riffs added unmistakable, and SO necessary, flavor to the bass/drums driving the band's work.
    actually still a big Police fan.......still have all of the albums on cassette somewhere in the garage.......plus the box set in the cd format

Was perhaps my vote for best live band that I saw in person until Pearl Jam happened along.......I wish I still had that killer concert tee from the "Ghost in the Machine" tour.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    walking back from YOUR house, walking on the moon. yeah!!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    de do do do
    de da da da
    is all i have to say to you
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    brain of c wrote:
    de do do do
    de da da da
    is all i have to say to you
    To show you how much of a Police geek I was that was what I signed in my friends yearbooks when I was a sophomore in high school.
    hehe.
    i refer to them nowadays as 'the pearl jam of my youth'....:D GREAT band. :cool:
    d2d - i knew i liked you ;):D:D:D
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,657
    I love The Police.  Young Sting was cool 😎.  Andy and Stewart will always be cool.