Educate me on Ryan Adams

2»

Comments

• KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Was just listening to Ryan in the car. Friend of mine is a big fan. Got to speak to him once before a concert. My friend was still studying photography back then and asked Ryan if he could make a shot for an assignment. Ryan wasnt feeling it,... :( Too bad, but understandable).
    Friend won some national photography competitions, so it is Ryan's loss imo :D

I really like his music, but I do feel there is a big gap between his best and worst songs. I mean.....Rock n Roll... ieeeek.
    That sounded like he was trying way too hard.

Still need to get Cold Roses, ohh and really like the Whiskeytown records.
    Love Heartbreaker too!

Good music to put on if you are having a date with a woman / women :cool: (tip for all you lonely men out there)

XX
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Looks like he's heading back out there! I'm glad he says he's been working on his sobriety and mental health. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    He should work on his apologies too. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sorry you feel that way. 

Amirite?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited March 2022

Yeah, I mean... He publicly apologized at length, but apparently never did privately. I dunno. He apologized, he stepped away and did some work on himself. Good enough for me, as someone who loves his music but has never and will never meet him.
    And the albums he released in 2021 are super good. I got them on vinyl.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    For those interested I saw him at Carnegie Hall last night. The show was fantastic. He sounded and looked great. Set list was incredible. 

Have my own personal thoughts on him since the allegations but I’m glad I went and I’m glad he seems to be doing well. I was pretty close and he looked healthier than I’ve ever seen him. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Set list looked fantastic.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Good on him. Amazing what attending to your mental health and managing your addiction can do.  
    www.cluthelee.com