Give Peas A Chance…
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Mangrate! This was the best 

https://youtu.be/F2XawdY22Ek
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited September 2021
    Mangrate! This was the best 

https://youtu.be/F2XawdY22Ek
    What? You think the grilling grates are flimsy? 
  • Before Eddie Vedder looked like Russell Crowe he looked like Norm Macdonald.
    I've always had a secret crush on Norm MacDonald and I've always thought he shared adorable facial features, resembling Ed.   I was floored by this news, he was hilarious.  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Eddie mentioned him tonight 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Eddie Vedder
    I miss igotid88
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Eddie Vedder
    :lol: 

I think most of took that as a given 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Eddie Vedder

seems like a norm thing to say though
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Conan's YouTube channel posting a ton of Norm videos
    I miss igotid88
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    edited September 2021
    I think someone already mentioned I’m not Norm posts a ton of stuff on YouTube 
    Norm had a few different talk/interview shows
    if you can find the full episodes of Super Dave and the one with Bobby Lee you won’t be disappointed 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I just can’t watch the tribute stuff. Although I did hear a bit of Saget’s; when he said Norm texted him about a week prior and said only, “I love you.” I got tears.

I’m gonna continue to enjoy Norm — as he lived — while I’m alive :)

erebus said:
    if you can find the full episodes of Super Dave and the one with Bobby Lee you won’t be disappointed 
    The Super Dave episode is the first ever episode of the podcast and it is so gloriously disjointed. From episode 2 on there was much more of a plan, which was probably good for the long run, but that first one being so random and chaotic is legendary. And Super Dave was the best guest to have for it because he just keeps ridiculing them for how bad the show is, and Norm and Adam just double down on it to get him more riled up. It’s an hour straight worth of laughter for me every time I watch it. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    RiotZact said:
    erebus said:
    The Super Dave episode is the first ever episode of the podcast and it is so gloriously disjointed. From episode 2 on there was much more of a plan, which was probably good for the long run, but that first one being so random and chaotic is legendary. And Super Dave was the best guest to have for it because he just keeps ridiculing them for how bad the show is, and Norm and Adam just double down on it to get him more riled up. It’s an hour straight worth of laughter for me every time I watch it. 
    It is one of the best things on the entire internet. The jokes segment is classic 
    RiotZact said:
    erebus said:
    It is one of the best things on the entire internet. The jokes segment is classic 
    “DID YOU JUST WRITE THAT?!?!”
    erebus said:
    Yea. I used to watch that every once in awhile 
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Eddie Vedder
    The guy from Pearl Jam?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I watched it when it aired and loved it, but I've been rewatching Norm's short-lived Sports Show from 2011 that aired on Comedy Central, and it might be the funniest stuff he ever did. Even better than Weekend Update. Just absolutely hilarious. Here's the first episode. All nine episodes are in a playlist on YouTube....

https://youtu.be/C5zT3TAmNOw
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I’m working my way through those. Can’t believe I never saw them until now. 
  • hedonist said:
    I’m working my way through those. Can’t believe I never saw them until now. 
    They're great right?

He ended every show with "Garbage Time," which was about a minute and a half of non-stop jokes. Here's a compilation of all of those, though I'd suggest just watching all nine episodes in their entirety like you are.

https://youtu.be/nm0LVHWVVfw
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    One of the many things I love about Norm: He was Colonel Sanders for a brief yet hilarious time. 
  • hedonist said:
    One of the many things I love about Norm: He was Colonel Sanders for a brief yet hilarious time. 
    Haha. His "meta shrug" after he says "I'm colonel sanders" in one of those ads.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Eddie Vedder

I actually went straight to Eddie Murphy in my head! Appreciated the clarification, lol.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2021
    I spoke to a client at work the other day who sounded EXACTLY like Norm. Same raspy old timey voice, same mannerisms. It was uncanny. At the end of the call I told him he sounded like Norm and asked if he'd ever been told that before and he said no. Then I asked if he knew who he was and he goes "Oh, yeah, yeah....comedian....yeah, yeah, good gambler too." Lol....can't you just picture that sentence in Norm's voice?

Thought it was funny how the gambling thing was one of the first things he thought of. I loved when Norm would live tweet random sporting events and talk about his bets and stuff out of the blue. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    May 30.
    Debut of Norms final secret special called Nothing Special on Netflix......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    mickeyrat said:
    May 30.
    ....or so the Germans would have us believe. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    David Spade has seen and talks about the special in the latest Fly on the Wall.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mickeyrat said:
    May 30.
    ....or so the Germans would have us believe. 
    😁

Thanks, mickey!
    Can't wait for this
    chinese-happy.jpg
    My husband said he should start with, “If you’re watching this, I’m dead”. 

I could see him doing that. 
    hedonist said:
    My husband said he should start with, “If you’re watching this, I’m dead”. 

I could see him doing that. 
    Absolutley
    chinese-happy.jpg