Options

What does Ed say in Torino?

SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anybody have the English translation of what Ed says in Italian right before going into Life Wasted in Torino?
Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TacoJammer wrote:
    Anybody have the English translation of what Ed says in Italian right before going into Life Wasted in Torino?

" we want to make a toast to our first show in Torino. A new place, a new location, tonight our songlist will be slightly different, we hope that you will enjoy it. In this time of war we will play songs which speak on the importance of peace"

Quite a 'literal' translation....I really appreciate "eddie speaches' in italian...but I wish he could be more natural sometimes during the italian show and give us a try....I mean...a lot of us understand ....english!!!!!!
    makes much more sense to live in the present tence
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Thank you, I was wondering what he said.
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    black06 wrote:
    ...but I wish he could be more natural sometimes during the italian show and give us a try....I mean...a lot of us understand ....english!!!!!!

I see your point and can say that we would also like him to be able to talk as much as he wants, and that is possible only in English. But on the other hand I cannot say that I was anything but impressed and amazed at the fact that in Zagreb he spoke Croatian and pronounced it really well! Now if you have ever heard Croatian you will know that we have a pretty difficult pronunciation, so we saw it as an expression of his respect for PJ fans here. All in all, it was great and we're all grateful to him for the effort!
  • Options
    pajo wrote:
    I see your point and can say that we would also like him to be able to talk as much as he wants, and that is possible only in English. But on the other hand I cannot say that I was anything but impressed and amazed at the fact that in Zagreb he spoke Croatian and pronounced it really well! Now if you have ever heard Croatian you will know that we have a pretty difficult pronunciation, so we saw it as an expression of his respect for PJ fans here. All in all, it was great and we're all grateful to him for the effort!

Agreed, I think it is not only respectful but quite humble that he has taken the time to learn and communicate across our beautiful continent in each individual, beautiful and unique tongue. It must be difficult especially when you wake up every morning with a pounding 'wine head' Hehe!! But that is Ed, he never takes the easy option.
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Agreed, I think it is not only respectful but quite humble that he has taken the time to learn and communicate across our beautiful continent in each individual, beautiful and unique tongue. It must be difficult especially when you wake up every morning with a pounding 'wine head' Hehe!! But that is Ed, he never takes the easy option.

Yeah I agree completly, I was thinking about the Japan shows from 03 and how he took some time to try and communicate. Just one more reason to love the guys as people. BTW love the sig
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    Don't misunderstand! Am real happy that he's trying to speak every language and relate to every person. Its wonderful! I know that he really wants that eveybody understand what he's saying. Oh man..and the effort to try to get the right pronunciation.....even in the most difficult language ( ok ..he's talented!!!)..cheer to eddie!
    We know that PJ are like no other band in the world.
    My point was only that (like happened in torino when he wanted to say something about all the flags and asked 4 a translator!) he should feel more free to speak in his language if something comes up to his mind.... we will try to understand
    makes much more sense to live in the present tence