Options

italian dvd confirmed???

magicdummymagicdummy Posts: 8
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
i read an interview with the mayor of pistoia thanking the band for choosing his town to host a concert. he also discusses the bands plan to video the show for use in a dvd along with clips from verona.....hmmmm???
web site...
http://www.pearljamonline.it
does anyone have change for a button??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    But they tape all their shows, don't they?
  • Options
    i am sure they tape all their shows, but the mayor makes specific reference to a DVD that the band will make.
    sorry that the web site is in italian for those who don't know the language, look for the part...DVD in realizazzione per i pearl jam, click news...loose translation of the caps...."the band has chosen our suggestive backdrop to include in the dvd that they are making...."
    does anyone have change for a button??
  • Options
    Oohhh... that WOULD be nice!
  • Options
    'to include... ' sounds like a touring band 2006 :D:D:D:D Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it's gonna be a bit of a live at Pompeii but not in Pompeii and with an audience :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    The point is that they asked permission to shoot in Pistoia and Verona and to do so must provide the reasons why, ie putting together a dvd for those two venues.

And the Pistoia mayor let the cat out of the bag, as it were! :D
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    The point is that they asked permission to shoot in Pistoia and Verona and to do so must provide the reasons why, ie putting together a dvd for those two venues.

And the Pistoia mayor let the cat out of the bag, as it were! :D
    Hahahahahahahahaha.... big scoop for him :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Touring Band 2006 WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahaha.... big scoop for him :D

Indeed! :D

And big joy for us!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    TuTeTuTe Posts: 138
    5 songs from each of the 5 Italy shows will be on the dvd
  • Options
    Hopefully it was shot by the same crew who did the garden. I love that DVD and for $12 it was a steal!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    redrock wrote:
    But they tape all their shows, don't they?
    I don't think so. I haven't seen any cameras at Bern or Berlin.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    During the Latin American Tour last year, PJ's crew filmed concert footage and fans in the streets for the production of a Touring Band style dvd.

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    is that news?!

all the Italian shows were filmed with 7 pro cameras (all the other shows are filmed with a handeld camera..didn't see him in Berlin but I'm sure he was around).
    So all should appear in the DVD...which is nice for those of us that were there...just wished it wasn't the Italian shows...they don't deserve it.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    is that news?!

all the Italian shows were filmed with 7 pro cameras (all the other shows are filmed with a handeld camera..didn't see him in Berlin but I'm sure he was around).
    So all should appear in the DVD...which is nice for those of us that were there...just wished it wasn't the Italian shows...they don't deserve it.

why do you think that?
  • Options
    it's true. plus, i spoke to some people who were filmed for the dvd. the guys filming said it should be out early next year!!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    it's true. plus, i spoke to some people who were filmed for the dvd. the guys filming said it should be out early next year!!

What!!!!!! Not in time for Christmas???????
  • Options

Yup, that's what I was told as well. Definitely not this Xmas, but spring next year, although always depending on the editing/montage.

Can't wait for the best of the 5 shows in Italy!!! Black in Milan must be there!! :)
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Why not a 5-DVD-Box, with the 5 Italian shows, entirely ???
    Wouldn't that be great ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    Why not a 5-DVD-Box, with the 5 Italian shows, entirely ???
    Wouldn't that be great ?

They, well, the cameraman guy, I forgot his name but he was very nice and kind, said that they were filming all the shows, then also do a documentary with the band and the fans. (In Pistoia he filmed Eddie and Boom in the small church, not the Duomo, where Boom played a 1700s organ). For the shows, all the 5 Italian shows were shot and then do a mix.

The DVD was 'Pearl Jam in Italy' sort of thing.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    lgt wrote:
    why do you think that?
    because the italian crowds were not very nice (from 'in the pit' point of view), let alone the organisation.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    because the italian crowds were not very nice (from 'in the pit' point of view)

noooooooooooo
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    because the italian crowds were not very nice (from 'in the pit' point of view), let alone the organisation.

i personally would not go that far. i met many lovely italians, and sure...some were a bit rough, but i guess it's all that italian passion. ;) the pit was rough, but actually not as rough as i expected, i was able to tolerate it for each show in it's entirety, something i thought i wouldn't be able to do. granted, the trail was my savior. now, the 10c queues were a mess, but that's another story. haha. anyway, i am all for an italian dvd as those are the only euro shows i was able to attend, and there were many, many foreigners in attendance for the whole italian leg...so i am psyched for a dvd! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:

If by not being very nice, you refer to moshing, you always find a few assholes who do that and those were not part of the 10C. From what I heard anyway the moshing was not worse than other European shows. I was actually surprised to have survived the pit in Milan, which I really had doubts on. In any case, there really should be a separate pit.

As for the organisation, I only did one 10c concert in Italy and I had no problems getting the tickets, although I heard there was a long delay in Verona under the deluge.

The concerts themselves were fantastic. You could feel the love between the crowd and the band. Ed was even tearing up in Milan. So, yeah, I am looking forward to the DVD! :)

By the way, the Italian crowds included quite a few foreigners too! :D
  • Options
    i'm not sure about you guys, but i would rather prefer a decent single show instead of that TB thing. i just cannot feel no atmosphere on TB2K, Garden was much, fuck, much better.
    The man they call my enemy, I've seen his eyes
    He looks just like me, a mirror

The more you read, we've been deceived
    Everyday it becomes clearer,...

Clearer.
  • Options
    there were a lot of guys with the pass "italian dvd office"
    and are you still asking if it will be done?
    Of course!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    is that news?!

can u explain ....please?? ..why "THEY ( the italians) don't deserved it?
    makes much more sense to live in the present tence
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    (:Smile:) wrote:
    i'm not sure about you guys, but i would rather prefer a decent single show instead of that TB thing. i just cannot feel no atmosphere on TB2K, Garden was much, fuck, much better.
    Same here. I prefer a single show like LATG or the Showbox much over the TB DVD.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II