Options

Bands That Never Had A Member Change.....

13»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
    sdclarky said:
    Cream

Good one!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    A few more:
     A band that was together a long time until Fred Cole passed away in 2017:  Dead Moon
    A lesser known band but been around a long time and has recorded 14 albums:  Carlton Melton

And I would have thought Joy Division but they did briefly have a different drummer.  Close, but not cigar.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    sdclarkysdclarky Posts: 21
    Credence Clearwater Revival
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,679
    DewieCox said:
    The Beatles Zeppelin

Pete Best was the first drummer, replaced by ringo. then theres pauls stand in after sgt peppers.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,679
    R u s h

John Rutsey first drummer.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Does CSN and CSN&Y count?

if it’s two separate groups it counts twice. If it’s one  group that adds and subtracts a 4th it should count as the original group remains no one was replaced
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    U2 
    U2 did have a 5th member originally, Edge's brother Dik Evans.
    He left before they did anything of note (I believe even before they switched their name to U2), so they should still count. But just a little added info.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

if it’s two separate groups it counts twice. If it’s one  group that adds and subtracts a 4th it should count as the original group remains no one was replaced
    I think both versions used multiple drummers.
  • Options
    sdclarky said:

I think both versions used multiple drummers.

A dozen drummers and 14 bass players  for CSNY!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Off the top of my head, Radiohead?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,826
    Love and Rockets
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    mfc2006 said:
    Off the top of my head, Radiohead?
    Second post of the thread
    Post edited by sdclarky on
  • Options
    A lesser known excellent band that released a half dozen or so albums was The New York Rock and Roll Ensemble.  Michael Kamen (R.I.P.) was a member of this band who went on to become a very successful composer, particularly for film scores.

• Options
    The Smiths