Options

Athens - 3 CD Bootleg

Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone else think Athens is going to be a really long show? The last show of Leg 1 and Leg 2 were each 3 cds. Maybe RATS will get played on Sat.
If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    3cds? that's it? pj will be playing till the sun comes up man. would be cool if they came out with bouzouki's and kicked out the jam. wish i was there.
  • Options
    bebobebo Posts: 1
    As a member of the tenclub I have 2 tickets with 15' early entry for Athens but I'm alone there. I want to sell this ticket for the official price to a great fan. Not for resell !
    I wil do your wristband on when I receive the tickets.
    Marc Van Boven
  • Options
    bebo wrote:
    As a member of the tenclub I have 2 tickets with 15' early entry for Athens but I'm alone there. I want to sell this ticket for the official price to a great fan. Not for resell !
    I wil do your wristband on when I receive the tickets.

Hey bebo i send you a pm
    Please reply
  • Options
    I'm guessing 3 CD's is a possiblity. It's been done earlier this year with the American leg of the tour. :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Anyone else think Athens is going to be a really long show? The last show of Leg 1 and Leg 2 were each 3 cds. Maybe RATS will get played on Sat.
    RATS.... :cool:...been hoping for it the WHOLE leg...
    and hoping for the 3 hour one too....maybe all my dreams come true tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    I betting on a marathon myself, but my question is that they will pull out one of the lost dogs that has never played (or two) and maybe new cover. That's what makes interesting shows for me, because no PJ show could ever be bad just based on their own music
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    It was surely be a 3 disc show. I'm thinking disc 1 will be the acoustic set, disc 2-3 will be the electric part of the show. My predicitions are:

Acoustic Set 10 songs
    Electric Main Set 16 Songs
    1st Encore 6 Songs
    2nd Encore 7 Songs

39 songs.

Oh, and "Immortality" will be Played!!!!
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    It was surely be a 3 disc show. I'm thinking disc 1 will be the acoustic set, disc 2-3 will be the electric part of the show. My predicitions are:

Acoustic Set 10 songs
    Electric Main Set 16 Songs
    1st Encore 6 Songs
    2nd Encore 7 Songs

39 songs.

Oh, and "Immortality" will be Played!!!!
    This is gonna be Boston 03 night 3 all over again but this time to thank the European Jamemrs
  • Options
    i just posted in another thread about this. i just looked at the dates and this will definitly be an epic one. they've had 4 days off and a month after the show.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    i just looked at the dates and this will definitly be an epic one. they've had 4 days off and a month after the show.

i'm counting on those facts too, man... let's have a 35+ song show!!!
  • Options
    don't get your hopes too high. there's still a chance it will be a regular, 2h PJ set.

Of course I'm hoping for the superspecial acoustic preset and rarities show, but when I go to see the relay tomorrow night, and I see they started with Interstellar Overdrive, I won't be surprised. But disappointed.

Anyway, can't fucking wait for tomorrow!
  • Options
    I agree.... i still think it will be a 26-27 song set
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    I hope they break out Even Flow
  • Options
    All those hopes up for nothing.

Ugh.
  • Options
    Seattle 2 2000
    State College 03
    Mexico City 3 2000
    East Rutherford 2 2006
    Gorge 2 2006

all great leg closers.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    east rutherford 2 was a letdown. nothing special. crowd was lame
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I guess we've all been to a few of those (Toronto 05),

That was only a disappointment because of the shows that preceded it, in my opinion. Taking it apart, I believe it's a great show. But I'll admit it, when walking out of the ACC that night, I felt a little disappointed. Strangely enough, I've been really enjoying it on bootleg afterwards. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    So does anyone know how long they played last night?
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    RockMama wrote:
    So does anyone know how long they played last night?

appx 830-1045 local time.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    strikerstriker Posts: 11
    no, it was like 8:10-10:40.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I think the show looked pretty awesome. Yea, there were a lot of hits, but how many times do you see encores like the first one? Footsteps, I A Mine. And how often do you see, Inside Job, Black, Rearviewmirror, and Porch back to back to back to back? It must have been like one isnane jam session. And lets not forget about Smile in the second encore.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    pjgrpjgr Posts: 15
    Υou are correct!There were no letdowns on this setlist.EVERY song was the crowd's fovorite.I would not trade any of the songs played for another one.I would only add some more that i missed (solat,immortality,dte,spin the black/brain of j,not fot you).
    The part that you mentioned was awesome!After black they just rocked with the "short" version of rvm, and right after the long jammy porch!You don't get that everyday!

I can not find any recent show where alive,jeremy,black,porch,rvm,go,animal,daughter(abitw),small town,smile,betterman,wishlist existed in the same setlist.And i am not talking about rotation.You now what the band does/plays when they feel good.And they did it all at the OAKA stadium...
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849

didn't they play EVERYTHING????
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227

How is this a letdown?

06-03-2006 E. Rutherford

Set 1 Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail Hail, Animal, Love Boat Captain, In Hiding, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Whipping, Gone, Comatose, State Of Love And Trust, Rats, Garden, Inside Job, Porch

Encore 1 Army Reserve, Hard To Imagine, Last Kiss, Black, Crazy Mary, Last Exit

Encore 2 Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Lukin, Leash, Don't Gimme No Lip, Why Go, Leaving Here, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

But You Might Die Trying