2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Do you think Lebron and the Lakers would prefer to miss the playoffs as opposed to making the play-in tourney and then, maybe, getting smoked by the Suns?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Do you think Lebron and the Lakers would prefer to miss the playoffs as opposed to making the play-in tourney and then, maybe, getting smoked by the Suns?
    The Lakers need to rest longer to figure out how to get Alex Caruso back.

When he left the team went to shit and look at the success of the Bulls now.

Sometimes it's the role players that can make a team... 
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    As a Grizzlies fan I need the Lakers to make the play in

Alex Caruso meant more to the Lakers than Lebron James?

chinese-happy.jpg

Alex Caruso meant more to the Lakers than Lebron James?

Not like that.  You need LBJ of course but Caruso was a role player that did the little things in the game that was a catalyst.  You watch/play enough basketball and you see these things.

Caruso meant that much, to me, to the Lakers.

He won't be an all-star any time soon because that isn't his style of play but he is worth a lot to that team.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Maybe they're tanking to get into the lottery.
    Memphis or N'awlins would benefit though. 
    So sad to see them falling apart.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited April 2022
    Poncier said:
    You hate to see it. LOL.

I have full confidence that GM Lebron can figure things out this summer.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

He did such a great job with the Westbrook trade. 
    "Let's space the floor with one of the league's worst outside shooters at $44mil a year!" :lol:
    Poncier said:
    You hate to see it. LOL.

He is good up to a point.  He can't figure out he intangibles of the players.

The whole team doesn't play defense anymore...
    Poncier said:
    You hate to see it. LOL.

Anyone who thought adding Westbrook to that team was a good idea has no business deciding anything along those lines.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    You hate to see it. LOL.

Anyone who thought adding Westbrook to that team was a good idea has no business deciding anything along those lines.
    I agree 100%.  Trace back on these pages and I was one of the first to say "not a good idea".  I'm a Lakers fan too so I suffer...
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    edited April 2022
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Raptors secured a spot last night, better than most expected. I think they could make some noise this yr in the playoffs. 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    I said this before.  Lakers lkost Caruso and they haven't been the same.  He had some grit to him and did the little things that make a team click.

The Bulls seem to be doing pretty good w him.
    edited April 2022
    Yep, Alex Caruso is the missing ingredient.

Um, no. The problem was trading 3 solid contributing players (Kuzma, Caldwell-Pope and Harrell) plus their 1st round pick for Westbrook, a guy who can't shoot from outside. GM LeBron doesn't quite get the concept of floor spacing and the need for outside shooting the same way player Lebron does. Stupid trade. And they backed out of trading for Buddy Hield (who can shoot from outside) to grab Westbrook instead, and the Hield trade would have not cost the Caldwell-Pope or their first rounder, just Kuzma and Harrell.
    And let's not forget that while they now enter the lottery, their first round pick belongs to N'awlins (unless somehow it ends up being 11th or worse which now seem very unlikely, then it would convey to Memphis from N'awlins).

Alex Caruso wasn't getting that dumpster fire anywhere further.
    Poncier said:

Um, no. The problem was trading 3 solid contributing players (Kuzma, Caldwell-Pope and Harrell) plus their 1st round pick for Westbrook, a guy who can't shoot from outside. GM LeBron doesn't quite get the concept of floor spacing and the need for outside shooting the same way player Lebron does. Stupid trade. And they backed out of trading for Buddy Hield (who can shoot from outside) to grab Westbrook instead, and the Hield trade would have not cost the Caldwell-Pope or their first rounder, just Kuzma and Harrell.
    And let's not forget that while they now enter the lottery, their first round pick belongs to N'awlins (unless somehow it ends up being 11th or worse which now seem very unlikely, then it would convey to Memphis from N'awlins).

Those 3 were role players, yes.

Dumping the young for the old was definitely a dumb move but Caruso wasn't a role player?  You dismissed him altogether.  The guys you mention all played a part which is what the Lakers are totally missing right now I just happen to like Caruso the best, lol.

I have faith though that the Knicks will want him there in NY and trade off their DP's.  Let me dream ok?

A while ago I asked, begged, pleaded that the Lakers try and get Bradley Beal.  They did not.  They grabbed Westbrook instead...

Poncier said:

Dumping the young for the old was definitely a dumb move but Caruso wasn't a role player?  You dismissed him altogether.  The guys you mention all played a part which is what the Lakers are totally missing right now I just happen to like Caruso the best, lol.

I have faith though that the Knicks will want him there in NY and trade off their DP's.  Let me dream ok?

A while ago I asked, begged, pleaded that the Lakers try and get Bradley Beal.  They did not.  They grabbed Westbrook instead...

Caruso averaged about 6 PPG for LAL in his career.
    Kuzma averages almost 16PPG for his career (he's a lot more than a role player, he can be a #3 option on a contender), KCP is almost 12PPG and Harrell is 13PPG and a former sixth man of the year. Caruso is the 5th best player of those 4 guys.

Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Caruso averaged about 6 PPG for LAL in his career.
    Kuzma averages almost 16PPG for his career (he's a lot more than a role player, he can be a #3 option on a contender), KCP is almost 12PPG and Harrell is 13PPG and a former sixth man of the year. Caruso is the 5th best player of those 4 guys.

Again, it's the little things.  Sets a pick, defense, takes a charge.  There is more to basketball than scoring.  He was like a sparkplug when he entered games.

Watching Kuzma he was streakish.  I never understood why people liked him so much.  I believe we have discussed this in the past too.  He showed promise at first but plateaued.
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Wrong post above, sorry..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    That was outrageous 
    I guess ABC picked the right game to showcase this weekend.
    Kyrie flipping the bird, lol.

Nets are going to win that series.  If KD and Curry shot better this game was done.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    That was outrageous 

guessing you were talking about the Nets/Celtics game/ Yeah it was the best game over the weekend. With that being said, Go Sixers!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
    Jumb0 said:
    MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
    BOSTON CELTICS!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    maybe ben can rescue the nets.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Hahahaha..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    Hahahaha..
    ruled out for game 4 :lol:

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Kyrie flipping the bird, lol.

Nets are going to win that series.  If KD and Curry shot better this game was done.