Options

The girl I lifted in Pistoia

PaoloPaolo Posts: 7
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello everybody, I'm trying to find out a girl I met in the third
row (on the left, almost in the middle) at the Pistoia venue in Italy.
Damn, I'd really like to find her!

I saw her just before Vedder appearance on stage to sing
"Throw your arms around me". Since she couldn't see him
(we were behind a very tall guy) I lifted her so that we turned in
some sort of circus number. This allowed her to see Eddie
on that first tune and on the one he played with My Morning
Jacket. Then, unfortunately, she tried to get a better position
and disappeared in the crowd.

I know just a couple of thing about her:
- she is quite short;
- she is bright-eyed, she has freckles, and she is long-, brown-haired;
- maybe she is italian, maybe english or american (or anything else!...).
I saw her passing some water to one Brian (according to my sister who
was there, but maybe he was a Bert or Baird or anybody else) who was
in the first row, speaking english perfectly, but she talked to me in italian.
- the crowd dragged her on the left and then behind, so that I couldn' t see
her no more.

If anybody knew anything about this girl it would be great. If she herself
read this message it would just be fantastic. I had a short beard and wore
a dark grey t-shirt.

I apologize for my bad english. Thank you very much! - Paolo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    is she hot?
  • Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    is she hot?

i think the fact that he made a thread about her points to yes............then again how many itailian girls aren't? ;)
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    rony wrote:
    i think the fact that he made a thread about her points to yes............then again how many itailian girls aren't? ;)

4, and apparently they all went to my fucking high school
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,751
    ediger wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA...THAT IS FUNNY!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    ediger wrote:

i'm so sorry to hear that but let me assure you italian girls are H-O-T-T (oh yeah theres to t's in there!).

i don't think my mouth closed for the duration of my class trip to rome in '03 cause of all the hot girls walking by.........my jaw was constantly on the floor and for some reason girls don't like guys that drool when they look at them.........................who knew?
  • Options
    as long as you don't drool on them i don't think it should be a problem :)
    PearlJam134.gif
  • Options
    Ti capisco!...Tornando da Torino sono stato insieme ad una ragazza fantastica, Però non ho preso il suo numero e adesso mi sento come il smiley rosa ^....Dai che la troverai!!!
  • Options
    I hate it when you meet you someone really cool at a concert, then they disspear into the crowd never to be seen again
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    umm, it does indeed suck.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    good luck i hope you find her
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Good luck dude.

I don't know if the touring van folks are in Europe, but it may have been Brad from Vancouver Canada that was in the first row. He seemed to be in the first row at every show in North America.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    bump

for good luck
  • Options
    This is such a sweet thread :)

I really hope you find her Paolo.

...and welcome to the board.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    has crabs?
  • Options
    i can't believe this thread is still going.
    i have met some cool people and have some pics from madrid and spain.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    ediger wrote:

lmfao!!!

I just spit out my Raisinets on my computer screen!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    elstongunn wrote:
    i can't believe this thread is still going.
    i have met some cool people and have some pics from madrid and spain.

Welcome back!!! I hope you got my thank you pm before you left..Did you say pics??? WHERE????!!!!!!????? I would love to see them!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    Skooled wrote:
    has crabs?

Are you serious?!
  • Options
    This is such a sweet thread :)

I really hope you find her Paolo.

...and welcome to the board.

Thank you very much!
    Damn, I wish I had a freemason uncle! (Maybe I do,
    but he just doesn't tell me about that...)
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Good luck dude.

I don't know if the touring van folks are in Europe, but it may have been Brad from Vancouver Canada that was in the first row. He seemed to be in the first row at every show in North America.

Thank you! - I'm checking through their own web page!...
  • Options
    BeBe wrote:
    Welcome back!!! I hope you got my thank you pm before you left..Did you say pics??? WHERE????!!!!!!????? I would love to see them!
    i do, they were from a diposable so i'l lhave to scan them. it was a great time.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    You said she has bright eyes.But which colour?? Blue, green, honey?What she was wearing??
    You had short beard and grey shirt!
    More details!
    Maybe you didn't see her anymore just because she went away from the first row.
    I was in the 3th row too.But after 5-6 song I literally escaped from that hell!
    Maybe she had done the same.
  • Options
    You said she has bright eyes.But which colour?? Blue, green, honey?What she was wearing??
    You had short beard and grey shirt!
    More details!
    Maybe you didn't see her anymore just because she went away from the first row.
    I was in the 3th row too.But after 5-6 song I literally escaped from that hell!
    Maybe she had done the same.

Hi there, thank you very much for your interest
    - such requests for details are somehow encouraging!

As I wrote above, she was short, and her hair reached the middle of his back. Her eyes were blue, very bright: ice-like. She was very nice. Her dressing was not unusual - that's why I can't remember it clearly: blue jeans, and a t-shirt or a singlet (I'm not sure this is the right word...), maybe a striped one. I clearly heard her talking both in a very good english (to the guy in the first row) and in italian (to me). You're probably right about the fact that after a few songs she might have left the 'hell' in the front rows too - so did I and my sister around the tenth song, and I saw more than one couple doing the same. Also, she was trying to take pictures through her mobile phone.

If you were in the third row, maybe you saw that before the concert began, she arrived and started calling her first-row-friend to pass him some water. Since he couldn't hear her, she kept calling him and many people around her started calling him too ("Brian! Brian!...") to make fun.

About me: I was ash-blond-, not-long-haired (about the same as the beard), my trousers were black and my t-shirt was old and grey (faded black, actually) with no writings on it. You could have heard me screaming a few times at a couple of people behind us who were pushing us too much before we left that row.

I really hope this helps you to help me.
    My last question is: are you from Italy too?

Thank you very much! - Paolo

PS - It has been raining like hell all day long here in Rome. Damn, it's marvellous!
  • Options
    Paolo wrote:
    Hello everybody, I'm trying to find out a girl I met in the third
    row (on the left, almost in the middle) at the Pistoia venue in Italy.
    Damn, I'd really like to find her!

I saw her just before Vedder appearance on stage to sing
    "Throw your arms around me". Since she couldn't see him
    (we were behind a very tall guy) I lifted her so that we turned in
    some sort of circus number. This allowed her to see Eddie
    on that first tune and on the one he played with My Morning
    Jacket. Then, unfortunately, she tried to get a better position
    and disappeared in the crowd.

I know just a couple of thing about her:
    - she is quite short;
    - she is bright-eyed, she has freckles, and she is long-, brown-haired;
    - maybe she is italian, maybe english or american (or anything else!...).
    I saw her passing some water to one Brian (according to my sister who
    was there, but maybe he was a Bert or Baird or anybody else) who was
    in the first row, speaking english perfectly, but she talked to me in italian.
    - the crowd dragged her on the left and then behind, so that I couldn' t see
    her no more.

If anybody knew anything about this girl it would be great. If she herself
    read this message it would just be fantastic. I had a short beard and wore
    a dark grey t-shirt.

I apologize for my bad english. Thank you very much! - Paolo

THANK YOU!!!! It was the best part of the whole night for me when I could actually see eddie so close when he sang throw your arms...it was magical.I actually had to get removed the crowd (like many other people)when the real concert started because the pushing was so bad...I can't believe you created a thread about me,that's really nice. My brother brian got to the venue an hour after I did and managed to get in the front row! Some people are luckier than others. Anyway,I eventually got to the raised part on the left where the steps were and I had a better view even though I was much further away! I told everybody I knew about your act of kindness,it's just so unusual that anybody would do that. I am american (both my parents are) but I was born and raised in rome. I've been a pearl jam fan for years and this was my first and hopefully not last concert! It was wonderful!! -Hilary
  • Options
    aww yay! :)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Oh man, this is so cool...so Paolo actually made it! Nice.....glad for ya!

And welcome Hilary!
  • Options
    you're making fun of paolo...
    it's a fake, come on.
  • Options
    you're making fun of paolo...
    it's a fake, come on.

Absolutely not...he spoke to me in italian and when he offered to lift me up for the song eddie sang with my morning jacket I was going to refuse but he said" don't worry...I can do this for 2 songs,not 3,but 2 is ok!" His sister was standing in front of him.
    (thanks to dante76 !)
  • Options
    PaoloPaolo Posts: 7
    THANK YOU!!!! It was the best part of the whole night for me when I could actually see eddie so close when he sang throw your arms...it was magical.I actually had to get removed the crowd (like many other people)when the real concert started because the pushing was so bad...I can't believe you created a thread about me,that's really nice. My brother brian got to the venue an hour after I did and managed to get in the front row! Some people are luckier than others. Anyway,I eventually got to the raised part on the left where the steps were and I had a better view even though I was much further away! I told everybody I knew about your act of kindness,it's just so unusual that anybody would do that. I am american (both my parents are) but I was born and raised in rome. I've been a pearl jam fan for years and this was my first and hopefully not last concert! It was wonderful!! -Hilary

** HELLO HILARY! **
    I am very glad to hear from you! Our encounter has been strange and funny, but it has also been as brief as those two songs, so it's nice to finally know your name!... I was happy to let you see the stage that night, and now I really like the way the few cues I had fit together in your explanation. We also live in the same city, which is as funny as unexpected! I hope one day we could meet again, we'll see!...

Thanks to everybody who helped and/or encouraged me in this inquiry, and expecially to Scarletstarlet for her will-to-know-more-details and her prompt doubts! - Paolo
  • Options
    OrestesOrestes Posts: 217
    how sweet!

Paolo, let us know how it goes in the future...

Hillary, the same to you.

What a great story for a sunday night!