Options

Black From Pistoia

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I know theres already a post saying how good the Milan version of Black was but NOTHING can compare to this one, ive worshipped this song for 15 years and never ever have i heard such an amazing end to this, Eddie is simply on fire and i really cant sum up how it makes me feel to hear it back, im obsessed even more now with this track! Just donwload it and see for yourself the emotion is out of this world!!!!!!! God it excites me too much i think (is that possible?)
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I think it's one of the best versions out there. Milan's Black was great because of the audience, Pistoia is great because of Ed and the tag.
  • Options
    Ha Ha i knew i was right!!!! Thats the word i was looking for "the tag" at the nd, its out of this world aint it???? i aint never heard him go on for so long like that before, simply divine!
  • Options
    Marseille and Pistoia are indeed very good versions of this song
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Oh man, does this mean I have to add Pistoia on my "must have" list??? Oh well....
  • Options
    At last, people who REALLY understand the love i have for this, my mates just dont get the obsession!!!
  • Options
    Oh don't worry, Pistoia is MINE!!!
  • Options
    dante76 wrote:
    Oh don't worry, Pistoia is MINE!!!

You got it now?
  • Options
    Oh I wish!!!!
    But after all your praises this is obviously a must have....
    Btw, yesterday's Black in Zagreb left me drooling like a 2 year old, it was SO good you wish it just goes on and on...another boot for me then!!
  • Options
    its the ultimate version, and i dont use that kind of praise lightly, trust me its worth the download cost just for the one song and ya get another 33 free!!! Saying that, just listening to betterman and ya can tell they are filming for the dvd as the performance is even better than a normal gig (i didnt think they would be able to put much more effort in than they already did!) im actually looking forward to work tomorrow so i can listen to it on repeat all day undisturbed!!!! sheer genius! oh god now spin the black circle is on, im never gonna get to bed at this rate!
  • Options
    oh god now spin the black circle is on, im never gonna get to bed at this rate!

hehehe...I just love when a piece of music grabs you like that...happens to me all the time mate!
  • Options
    its taking the piss now, i NEED to go bed and mike is playin a killer solo in RITFW and then YL will be on, then of course one more blast of black (perhaps 2) should be in bed twou hours after scheduled to get up for work on time, oh well late again!
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I'd like to add that Black from Ottawa '05 and Camden '06 (night 2) are incredible versions and are right up there with versions already mentioned.

Black is such a timeless classic! Maybe the best PJ song ever!
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    haha thanks for posting, i saw your signature another day and read the black tag, was meant to try and download it but my goldfish memory failed me (again), im getting it downloaded right now!!!!!

My hero!

And yeah, without doubt the greatest PJ song of all time................WITHOUT DOUBT!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I cant stop listening to the tag on the pistoia version, i simply love it more than anything ive ever heard, its so beautiful i could cry...
  • Options
    have the video of it? Anybody seen it or put it up on youtube yet? Would really love to see it. Does sound magical, with the venue and the band.
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    just checked youtube and theres only a 58 second clip of it but not the orgasmic part!!!!!
  • Options
    You sound just a little excited about this version of Black. You make a very convincing argument for getting the boot. I'm just a sucker for PJ boots these days. So far, I have 4 boots...Love the Dublin and not because everyone else does.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    Black from Milan was beautiful because of the crowd. Black from Pistoia was great! But for some reason BLACK from Berlin made me cry! It was just beautiful! Ed tagged something about how team heals.. and I dunno beautiful! I can't wait to download this show!

BLACK in EUROPE was just amazing, period. :)
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Agreed, Black was awesome at the Bern and Italy shows, but the song I remember most from the crowd was Alive at Pistoia. The crowd started/kept singing Alive again after PJ left the stage. It was awesome. Very cool and very moving. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Yeah man that was pretty cool (slight understatement) thst gotta make it onto the dvd, the guy on the left of the stage was filming it all and loving it!!! Everything about that show was amazing, its just i get sooo carried away about Blacki almost forget all the other great moments til i stick the boot on and re-live it again and again! Damn i love PJ!!! ;)
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    wolfbear wrote:
    .... but the song I remember most from the crowd was Alive at Pistoia. The crowd started/kept singing Alive again after PJ left the stage. It was awesome. Very cool and very moving. :)

So true! I loved both the song, with all the lights and the glitter ball, like a total celebration, and then all of us kept singing Alive afterwards... awesome! :)

But, yeah, Black - I was lucky enough to witness two AMAZING versions: Milan for the crowd (serious goosebumps moment!) and Pistoia for Ed and his tag, really beautiful and touching!