Options

My Morning Jacket...

2»

Comments

• Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Found this thread when searching for MMJ setlist on their forum. A MMJ fan was unhappy about our negative reponse! So....hello MMJ fans! Although, I shouldn't be so nice, they called us 'one chord headbangers'!

Only liked the first 2 songs they played on Lisbon night 1 (thats why i was looking for a setlist). But on the whole, it got a bit 'samey'. And the songs did last for too long. The only saving grace was the bassist.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    LOL

Teenager with a Jet tee asks:"Hey are My morning jacket any good?"

Me: "Don't worry about it...just move along..."

;)

That is funny.
  • Options
    freakin uropeans what do you guys know....

Well, they probably at least know how to spell Europeans.......

I saw MMJ twice in Boston.
    Loved them.
    Bought their CD's.
    Became a fan.
    The end.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    i cant believe people are even debating about this.
    MMJ are fucking amazing.

Go buy "At Dawn" then "Tennessee Fire" then "It Still Moves"

Check out some of their ep's as well. A song called Cobra is absolutely amazing.

This band have been so under the radar.

Of course being from Kentucky I am sort of biased, plus it also may have something to do with what type of guys they are.

They actually sent me a birthday gift in the mail. A signed cd, just because I sent them an email stating how much I love them and wish they could come to my hometown and play at my BDAY bash, jokingly of course. I got emails back from all of them, then 2 weeks later a gift in the mail. Here are pics.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/pupbc12/MMJ013.jpg
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/pupbc12/MMJ012.jpg
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/pupbc12/MMJ011.jpg
    http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/pupbc12/MMJ014.jpg

That is so awesome!
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    I'd never heard of MMJ before i found out they were opening for PJ this year. Checked out a couple of songs and really liked them, so i bought the new album. I loved it, especially Gideon and Lay Low.

First night in Lisbon, i thought they were great. Second night, i was tired so wasn't really into them as much and i agree that they dragged some songs on a bit too long. But i'm a fan of them, Jim James has a great voice.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    COME ON WHERE IS THE LOVE!!

Z is an awesome album but you guys are missing the best stuff.
    It Still Moves and At Dawn are both in my top 20 albums of all time.

Seriously, a new fan needs to go buy those 2 albums. At least buy It Still Moves.

Peace

watchin' a stretch of road, miles of light explode.
    driftin' off a thing i'd never done before
    watchin' a crowd roll in. out go the lights it begins.
    a feelin' in my bones i never felt before...
    mmm... people always told me. that bars are dark and lonely
    and talk is often cheap and filled with air.
    sure sometimes they thrill me
    but nothin' could ever chill me.
    like the way they make the time just disappear
    feelin' you are here again. hot on my skin again.
    feelin good a thing i'd never known before
    what does it mean to feel? millions of dreams come real
    a feelin' in my soul i'd never felt before... mmm...
    and you always told me.
    no matter how long it holds me if it falls apart
    or makes us millonaires. you'll be right here forever.
    we'll go thru this thing together
    and on heaven's golden shore we'll lay our heads

"Golden"
    from IT STILL MOVES
  • Options
    For me the issue is solved. My spanish mate who's musical opinion I respect beyond almost anyones has described them as "fecking amazing".
  • Options
    got into mmj before i heard the were supporting pj in the us
    fuckin amazing !!
    z is superb
    i highly recomend the live bonnaroo downloads from 2004 and 2005.
    you can get em over at http://www.livebonnaroo.com

ok i hope i spelt that right !!

its intersting that the opinon is so extreme..either love em or hate em
    a bit like a certain band we all love ! !! !
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    one boring racket
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    MMJ think we havent heard from david gilmour. Their lame "atmosferic intense rock" almost killed my joy during Madrid. And speaking about Wolfmother: Why did ed and mike come out and play with the aussies? I dindt see them do that for MMJ. so....
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I liked them. Saw them four times opening for Pearl Jam on this tour. Just listening to some of the studio work is, and they sound so different live! A lot more intense. But yes, I really liked them and will be checking out more of their stuff.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    stone25 wrote:
    MMJ think we havent heard from david gilmour. Their lame "atmosferic intense rock" almost killed my joy during Madrid. And speaking about Wolfmother: Why did ed and mike come out and play with the aussies? I dindt see them do that for MMJ. so....

That statement is about the equivalent of saying "PJ thinks we haven't heard from The Who or Neil Young" and sounds totally asinine. I can understand that MMJ may not be everyone's taste, nor is Pearl Jam, but there is huge respect for both bands among fans and critics, and people who make unintelligent statements like this just immediately shred their own credibility. For example, I don't go crazy for Arcade Fire like many do, but I can see why people would. Just not my taste. Wolfmother is very simple and doesn't take much thought or effort to get into, I can see why you would like them. Wolfmother thinks we haven't heard from Black Sabbath or Zeppelin before.

Also, Ed came out and played "It Makes No Difference" with MMJ several times during the U.S. tour.
  • Options
    I didn't know much about MMJ until recently. They opened for PJ in Hartford and I missed the set tailgating. However in NJ I made a point of seeing them as I knew ed would introduce and play with them as he had on previous nights. I walked out really impressed with them. I decided to check out some of their stuff and got It Still Moves on a recommendation from someone. I was hooked from there. I will say that the stuff they are playing in their short set opening for PJ doesn't do this band justice. Also they seem to be playing the faster stuff perhaps cause of the crowd. The really good MMJ stuff is the acoustic, country rock.

I love them because they remind me quite a bit of Neil Young, circa Harvest. Very country, very acoustic with high pitch vocals. Jim James uses a reverb effect that makes it sound sort of 3 dimensional, really hypnotizing.

I have since picked up all four of their albums and love them all. Where has this band been, how could I have missed them? Thanks to PJ for turning me on to them. Im really looking forward to the up coming live cd.

Also may I recommend to anyone who is interested, there are two live MMJ shows for download on the Bonnaroo download site. I thinks its livebonnaroo.com. Their cheap only $12 I think, awsome stuff. Check out this band, you'll be sorry you didn't.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    i like MMJ. my girlfriend likes MMJ more than i do.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    i would call it "lame atmospheric rock" cause they're alright, just not my cup of tea. and after reading some of the stuff people had said about em when i saw em play they werent half as bad.

still, no kings of leon IMO...
  • Options
    marino13 wrote:
    That statement is about the equivalent of saying "PJ thinks we haven't heard from The Who or Neil Young" and sounds totally asinine. I can understand that MMJ may not be everyone's taste, nor is Pearl Jam, but there is huge respect for both bands among fans and critics, and people who make unintelligent statements like this just immediately shred their own credibility. For example, I don't go crazy for Arcade Fire like many do, but I can see why people would. Just not my taste. Wolfmother is very simple and doesn't take much thought or effort to get into, I can see why you would like them. Wolfmother thinks we haven't heard from Black Sabbath or Zeppelin before.

Also, Ed came out and played "It Makes No Difference" with MMJ several times during the U.S. tour.

the owner of the absolute truth has spoken! you have to calm down that arrogance dude. On the other hand, you made me laugh, so thanks!

Sorry to hurt your feelings towards the band. Thinking things twice I envy your tastes... I could have had a better time waiting for PJ... but their lameness was so incredible that i couldnt