Options

10C Ticktes / Wristband Question

one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi - As standing somewhere up in Gradinata E in Verona last saturday was my first PJ - live expirience ever (absolutely crazy after almost seven years of desperate waiting :) ) I'm now going to loose my 10C - Ticket - Virginity next week in Vienna.

This leads me to my Question to the Eurotour - 10C - "Veterans":

The 10C - Mail says "pick-up of Ticktes and wristbands" - Ticktes are clear, but how does it work with the wristbands - Is it like with festival -wristbands that you get them already fixed on your wrist when you pick them up or can you put them on yourself later? (I'm asking because I would like to pick them up in the afternoon for me and my girlfriend who will arrive later, very close to door-times...)

thanks for the information in advance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    In Dublin they put the wristbands on you.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:
    In Dublin they put the wristbands on you.
    ... but in Antwerp you just picked them up with your tickets and put them on yourself when you wanted to!
  • Options
    wow... thank you, you are incredibly fast with replies :) I interpret the results as "different from show to show" and will assume the worst case scenario ;)
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    In Bern and in Arnhem I put them on by myself.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    They hand you over the tickets and wristbands, and you should be able to put them on yourself.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    in Madrid and Barcelona: both handed so I put them myself. But beware of the angry mobs! being in the front during the opening band can be tiresome and when PJ begins you're already tired and thirsty. In my experience, the early entry guaranteed nothing as my wife was heavily crushed by pushing idiots and we had to go back. so unless youre a giant extrabrute, you wont be comfortable... best of luck and enjoy the music. dont put too much faith in 10c though
  • Options
    stone25 wrote:
    in Madrid and Barcelona: both handed so I put them myself. But beware of the angry mobs! being in the front during the opening band can be tiresome and when PJ begins you're already tired and thirsty. In my experience, the early entry guaranteed nothing as my wife was heavily crushed by pushing idiots and we had to go back. so unless youre a giant extrabrute, you wont be comfortable... best of luck and enjoy the music. dont put too much faith in 10c though

Thanks for the (frightening) info... My hopes lie in my previous two Stadthalle - Experiences (one of them being R.E.M., one an austrian band), where there was a separated pit in front with only fan-club attendance allowed *crossingfingers*
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    redrock wrote:
    ... but in Antwerp you just picked them up with your tickets and put them on yourself when you wanted to!

idem in paris...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Everywhere but dublin they were handed out...simply is too much of a mess if you need both people to be there.
    I'd asked 10c for Paris because the guy selling it to me didn't need one himself (long story) and they said it would be put on so I got a transfer...it was handed out in fact.

I'm not sure how it was in Milan as I had seated..being the first show after the incident in Bologna..but then it wouldn't make any difference...will be able to tell you more after tomorrow.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I didn't get 10c and i probbly had a better view than the majority of 10c people.

If you get 10c you might as well try getting right to the front barrier
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    one_stone wrote:
    Thanks for the (frightening) info... My hopes lie in my previous two Stadthalle - Experiences (one of them being R.E.M., one an austrian band), where there was a separated pit in front with only fan-club attendance allowed *crossingfingers*
    there is NO seperate pit. not even in Dublin was the front pit exclusively for 10c.

And they seem to have settled for the T pit...which I'm starting to have big issues with following many incidents..bit better than 1 single pit as it cuts on lateral movement but doesn't help with the crushing... nowhere as good as the 2 completely seperate pit like in Dublin (and Arnhem?)..
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Pegasus wrote:
    there is NO seperate pit. not even in Dublin was the front pit exclusively for 10c.

And they seem to have settled for the T pit...which I'm starting to have big issues with following many incidents..bit better than 1 single pit as it cuts on lateral movement but doesn't help with the crushing... nowhere as good as the 2 completely seperate pit like in Dublin (and Arnhem?)..

Yeah, I wish as well they did separate pit for 10c.