Options

a Thank You message

Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Laugh at me, if you want: in Verona it was my first Pearl Jam concert, even if I'm 27 years old and I follow them since Ten.
I'd like to write a teenage message to tell them Thank You for the emotions that they gave me live.
THANK YOU, really, thank you.
www.amnesty.org
www.amnesty.org.uk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I second this. I know the band seem to feel like they owe US for some reason... but I owe them everything :o so thank you again Pearl Jam :o

And puck, were you at the meet? I don't think I met ya did I?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm forty-odd and I will be a teenager like you... thank you Pearl Jam, thank you for your music. Seeing you live is just the best! :D Come back!
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Well i saw them for the first time here in Antwerp and i'm 36...i soooooo love them and REALLY want them to come back next year in Belgium...aldo i'm seeing them in like 4 days in Berlin....
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    molte, molte grazie pearl jam! bellissimo!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I'm listening to the boot for the first time, with tears streaming down my face.

I can't put into words how happy this band made me six days ago today, and now again :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    Puck78 wrote:
    Laugh at me, if you want: in Verona it was my first Pearl Jam concert, even if I'm 27 years old and I follow them since Ten.
    I'd like to write a teenage message to tell them Thank You for the emotions that they gave me live.

What a great post/thread! I'm also 27, followed them since ten, but I have had the good fortune to be able to see them live on several occasions (4 or so). Pearl Jam live in concert has been part of the experience for me, and I DO realize how fortunate I am.

I am so THRILLED that you finally got to see them in person :) Congratulations!

As always, thank you Pearl Jam. They have really stepped it up this tour, not in the quality of the shows (which are always stellar), but in their ability to get in front of some very deserving fans.
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:

Don't feel bad. I am a year older, they hit several cities all around me, and I have followed them since Ten as well. cincy was the first time that the stars aligned and I actually managed to see them. Always before I was off living on a boat doing research, had finals the next day, something that I just couldn't drop to see them, but I finally did, and am even more of a fan now. Luckily, I get to fly out and see them Dec 9th as my second show. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet right now.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Puck78 wrote:

Well, I was 31 when I first saw them. And it was my FIRST concert EVER.

I sure am glad it was PEARL JAM!!! :D:D:D

*giggles and jumps up and down like a teenager* Thank you thank you!

:)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Well, I was 31 when I first saw them. And it was my FIRST concert EVER.

I sure am glad it was PEARL JAM!!! :D:D:D

*giggles and jumps up and down like a teenager* Thank you thank you!

:)
    Hi everyone ! First off I love this message pit !
    Im just lol cuz it was my first PJ show too ! Because I live in France since 1987 I wasnt much a part of the concert scene ... but when I was a teenager............oh boy did I see some rock n roll history !
    Fond souvenir getting trampled barefoot at a Who concert when I was 14 !
    take care everyone
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'd also like to write a teenage thankyou message, though i'm only just out of those years. :D

Went to five shows on this tour. Dublin was my first ever Pearl Jam show, then went to Lisbon (both nights), Paris and Verona. The whole thing was the best experience of my life so far, and I am very greatful to the band, and every single person I met along the way for making it so great.

Nothing could possibly beat finally hearing Release in Verona. It was just so amazing.

Cheers!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    I was a PJ concert virgin til Dublin, and I think the 3 gigs I saw in Europe have completed me. I mean it's made my whole PJ experience complete. So thank you very much. They provided much ammo for my angsty teenage years, and to finally see them in person was completeness. Yeah, I know, I keep on saying complete, but that's how I feel.

So Thank You PJ,
    From a fan, always
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Puck78 wrote:
    Your post reminds me of first seeing them in 1993. I actually sat down and wrote a letter to them. Never mailed it, but it is, and continues to be, an amazing experience. Just got home from Bern and three in Italy. Now the withdrawals start - lol! Great thread. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Puck78 wrote:

I second that. Verona was my first time seeing them as close to home as possible, and my third time in total even though I have been a fan since I first heard them in 1992.

Verona was magical!

THANK YOU PJ!!! GRAZIE DI CUORE!!! :)

PS Mi sono accorta solo ora di questo thread.. sono davvero contenta che sia stato cosi' emozionante per te! :)
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    lgt wrote:
    PS Mi sono accorta solo ora di questo thread.. sono davvero contenta che sia stato cosi' emozionante per te! :)
    grazie, ti mando un abbraccio grande grande :)
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    Puck78 wrote:

i was 33 the first time i saw them (last year) and had been waiting since TEN to see them, so you're not alone. :)
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    Hey,

I was thinking about writing a similar thread but hey... Here it goes...

Again, after 6 years... Finally... My wife saw them the first time... She is not that much into PJ... Well... She was not.. up until Bern...

All that classics from Ten and VS... Thanks for taking me back 15 years within 2 hours... Thanks for spreading love and pure energy over 10.000 people that night... Thanks for recalling what I knew since 1992... Youre simply the greatest band on earth...
    A guy was holding up a sign saying "Can't find a better Band...." Nothing more to say...

I got one point of my personal whishlist fullfilled that was added after the 2000 concert... And guess what... Another one was added again...

Please come back soon... We love you guys!

Peace
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022
  • Options
    I am 26 and I saw Pearl Jam for the first tim last august in Arnhem with my best friend. We were right in front of the stage (well almost) and it was amazing. The band blew us away. Still, it was Eddie who make it extra special. He sings from his soul.

On our way back we couldn't even speak, we were so impressed. What we spoke about was that if some horrible fatal accident would happen to us we would die as two very happy girls.

So, thank you Pearl Jam and thank you Eddie.

[/teenie mode]
    ~I'll ride the wave~
    Anrhem review now posted on http://www.thebulletreviews.net