Options

Italian Show recommendations?

StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
edited November 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm only getting one Italian boot, and i'm not sure which one to get. 'm leaning toward Milan, but then I also hear a lot of good things about Pistoia.

So any help for people who attended all/any of them or own the boots. Thanks all, and Happy Turkey Day!!
MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Milan is amazing for the crowd. Listen to them during Daughter and Black, it's fantastic.

But Pistoia is almost flawless. Fantastic performance.

So i haven't really helped lol!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Milan is amazing for the crowd. Listen to them during Daughter and Black, it's fantastic.

lol, right.

thanks for making the decision even harder. j/k
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options

I wholeheartedly agree with what he said. I were at Pistoia and it were a flawless performance (& setlist) but the Milan crowd is amazing, Ed mentioned the world cup and literally everyone started wailing Seven Nation Army. Incredible. And Picture In A Frame, of course
  • Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with what he said. I were at Pistoia and it were a flawless performance (& setlist) but the Milan crowd is amazing, Ed mentioned the world cup and literally everyone started wailing Seven Nation Army. Incredible. And Picture In A Frame, of course

Oh yeah, can't forget about Picture in a Frame. Absolutely beautiful performance...Ed's voice is smooth like chocolate!

You could just forget about the Italian shows and get both Lisbon shows!!!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I'm only getting one Italian boot, and i'm not sure which one to get. 'm leaning toward Milan, but then I also hear a lot of good things about Pistoia.

So any help for people who attended all/any of them or own the boots. Thanks all, and Happy Turkey Day!!

MILAN! :D
    i was at all 5 and they all were amazing, but yea...i AM completely biased because of man of the hour being played in milan. no matter what, ANY of the italian shows...you can't go wrong. they are ALL great!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    MILANO! MILANO! MILANO! MILANO!

Um yeah...my vote is for MILANO.
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Verona was my favourite :)
    One day the world will be ready for you
    and wonder how they didn't see it...E
  • Options
    Bologna was a very underrated show, the crowd took a whole verse of Present Tense, i have never heard another live version of Present Tense where ed stopped singing and the crowd took a whole verse. Also the small town opener was amazing, as was alone! The crowd was really captured well on the boot you can hear em singing along most of the time, and oh daughter had a fantastic "its ok" tag!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Bologna was a very underrated show, the crowd took a whole verse of Present Tense, i have never heard another live version of Present Tense where ed stopped singing and the crowd took a whole verse.
    The Astoria (the end of the 1st verse in both cases, both at Ed's prompting..Astoria we did most of the chorus too, not in Bologna)..but then there's no official boot.

What I recall the most from Bologna is the heat!! ...actually though someone might have peed on me I was so drenched in (not just mine) sweat!
    my clothes were literally dripping after..wouldn't have been anymore wet under a shower!
  • Options
    From a fellow not being at any of the shows, only listened to the boots I recomend Pistoia. Close second is Milan and Torino (this ´cause the avocado live - i kinda like it)
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.