Options

how do the FLAC downloads sound guys?

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
i want to download the Roo' show in FLAC, but need a bit of feedback first. i have a physical copy of the DC show, which sounds amazing by the way. you all notice any differences between the FLAC downloads vs. physical cd sound? thanks people!
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    its awesome. FLAC is sooooooooooooooooo much better than MP3. Its not even close.
    Do yourself a favor and get FLAC
    Shouldnt be too much difference between CD and FLAC. You'd have to go out of your way to really hear it...if you can. But MP3 vs FLAC is two differnet worlds.
    I think it depends on if you want the artwork. If not get FLAC. It still give you artwork but youd have to print it. I have no use for artwork so Id get FLACs
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    ballgame wrote:
    its awesome. FLAC is sooooooooooooooooo much better than MP3. Its not even close.
    Do yourself a favor and get FLAC
    Shouldnt be too much difference between CD and FLAC. You'd have to go out of your way to really hear it...if you can. But MP3 vs FLAC is two differnet worlds.
    I think it depends on if you want the artwork. If not get FLAC. It still give you artwork but youd have to print it. I have no use for artwork so Id get FLACs

cool. thanks for the feedback! i know that FLAC is superior and its usually what i download, i just wasn't sure if the jury was out on this set of shows.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,366
    They sound.... exactly like the CD. You shouldn't be disappointed.
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    oh jury is out. Its all over the place.
    But for your question just depends on if you want the CD in the mail or DL

FLAC is new to me, LeatherMosquitoMan turned me onto it. It owns!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    ballgame wrote:
    Shouldnt be too much difference between CD and FLAC.

There will be no difference. FLAC is a lossless form of compression, so the files you download are identical to the files that Kufala burns onto the discs and ships.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08