Options

Massachuesetts July 11, 2003

Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Holy crap!!

Looking at live Pearl Jam cds on play.com and they have that gig for Euro 20.00.

How is there 48 tracks (only 2 encores included!!)??

Was there an acoustic set up for the first few tracks??
Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
Lisbon '06 (x2)
Katowice '07
London '07 '09 (x2), '10
MSG NY '08 (x2)
Manchester '09 '12
Belfast '10
PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
Leeds '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Holy crap!!

Looking at live Pearl Jam cds on play.com and they have that gig for Euro 20.00.

Actually, if you look at http://www.pearljam.com/tour/setlist.php?date=200307110000 ... there appear to have been two sets, as well as three encores. Including three "Encore Break" tracks, this would make 48 songs... I'd say that's a safe purchase, or, on the other hand, you could go to http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213441 . Scroll down 'til you find your show and enjoy the download.... it IS legal, as Pearl Jam allows the downloading and trading of any show that is not currently being distributed. :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Holy crap!!

They played an hour long acoustic set before the opening act. Then, played their electric set, and broke the local curfew. They're not welcomed at the venue anymore. Which is fine by me-- they play boston proper now!
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Tonton wrote:
    They're not welcomed at the venue anymore. Which is fine by me-- they play boston proper now!
    wow

wow. are u serious? how do u know?
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    the tweeter center has an 11:30 curfew, and they played way past that. I think at the beginning of one of the encores eddie mentions the fact that they know that they're breaking curfew and the next time they see all of us bostonians it will be in the fleetcenter or something like that.
  • Options
    myxmatosis wrote:
    the tweeter center has an 11:30 curfew, and they played way past that. I think at the beginning of one of the encores eddie mentions the fact that they know that they're breaking curfew and the next time they see all of us bostonians it will be in the fleetcenter or something like that.

yeah, I don't have any hard facts. just heard the residents around the venue were pissed off and I think the venue wasn't too pleased.
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Holy crap!!

if you're talking about http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/143700/Mansfield_Massachusetts_July_11th_2003/Product.html
    then it's great..final day of the 'mansfield experiement' where they tried to play all their catalogue over 3 nights (did they manage it?) and so had to do an hour or so acoustic preset!
    I downloaded it last week and like it so much I've ordered it from there (cheaper and in stock).
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Holy crap!!

You can download this show here: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213441
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I was there!!! That was one of the most incredible shows EVER!

Got to see them acoustic, which was one hell of a set! Then they "let 'er rip" for the remaining songs that they hadn't done over the other two nights.

I saw the first night (AMAZING!), but sadly missed night number 2.

They played "One note"... which was kinda cool at the end.

They knew they were going to play past curfew... I don't think they miss The Tweeter center anyway.
    They've since had some pretty stellar shows at The Fleet/Garden.

"HOLY CRAP!" is right!!!!