Options

Need Dusseldorf Help

RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 396
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey all,

Im coming from Canada and would love some help with figuring something out with Dusseldorf

I am arriving that morning from London with RyanAIR to Dusseldorf Weeze airport at 12:45

I then need to go to my hotel which is the Batavia to check in drop my stuff etc. - http://www.gtahotels.com/hotels/batavia_hotel_dusseldorf.htm?processid=GK-87103142&hotelattraction=&sort=0&Page=0

I then need to get to the ISS dome

I have no clue what the best route for any of these - any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

Also anyone doing the same Id love some people to get around with - security in numbers I suppose
Thanks!
" I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hey,

ok ... that's the deal.

There's a bus shuttle from the Airport Weeze to Dusseldorf Main Station, it leaves at 1:15 p.m, fare is 11 €. If you get this, everything is o.k., it takes about 75 minutes to Düsseldorf. If not, the next is at 5 p.m. which is too late.
    If you miss the early one, you should take a taxi/bus to Weeze main station, there's a commuter train leaving every 30 minutes which takes 70 minutes to Düsseldorf main station, i think it's the RE 10 and the fare is 13,30€.

From the main station to your hotel you can take a taxi (should be a few Euro) or, better, just walk (about 5-10 minutes). Just leave the station at the main entrance, take the Graf-Adolf-Str. (it's the left one) and turn right on the Bahnstr. after a few 100m. If you reach the Königsallee you missed the turn. In this case turn right and the next right is the Bahnstr., too.

For the ISS Dome. Go back the main station and take the tram 707 (Direction Unterrath). You can also take the commuter trains S1 and S7 (Station Unterrath) or the S6 (Station Rath). From both stations there a shuttle bus to the Dome but I think it's also possible to walk.

Hope that helps, if you like you can send me a pm, then I would give you my cell number in case you have any problems on that day and need some help. And, if you want, you can of course join us on the way to the Dome, but I'm not sure about the we're going yet. I think we will try to get there by 4.30 p.m. (as we have to get our tix and we have one regular ticket holder who need to queue early enough to get in the pitch standing area.
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00
    Arnhem 06 Antwerp 06 Berlin 06
    Düsseldorf 07 Nijmegen 07

Neil Young And Friends Berlin 95
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Funny ! I'm in the same hotel but I'm arrivig with my car, normally i'll br there in the morning. I don't know how i'll go to the iss dome but maybe we'll go togetherif you see me (reconize me wearing a pj shirt ;))
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 396
    Hey,

Hope that helps, if you like you can send me a pm, then I would give you my cell number in case you have any problems on that day and need some help. And, if you want, you can of course join us on the way to the Dome, but I'm not sure about the we're going yet. I think we will try to get there by 4.30 p.m. (as we have to get our tix and we have one regular ticket holder who need to queue early enough to get in the pitch standing area.

Thanks so so so so so so much for all your help - much more comfortable now - Ill try to be going for around the same time actually I think - assuming all goes well earlier so hopefully we can meet up.

As for my fellow hotel mate - Ill for sure be lookin for you - if we can make it work to make our way to the show itd be great

Thanks again for all the help, I really really appreciate it
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Hey ... I will be at the Dussel show too. Meeting up with a fellow Canadian fan there ... not sure which hotel we are in - he booked it and the name escapes me now. If you want to meet up for a beer send me a PM. :)

*raises hand*

another canadian fan in dusseldorf!

can't wait to see you guys there! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~