Options

Paris vs Prague

KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I must say Prague was kicking the shit out of Paris ass.
I mean first of all, the prague audience. Everybody was jumping, dancing, laughing,crying togheter, it was like a big party.
Second the set list last exit, alone,whipping, nothingman leatherman, sad.
What did Paris have? maybe go and dissident but still.
And third the sound. In paris the sound was like a B quality bootleg Prague was A+.

So I will take the Prague show with me in my heart. Paris was still a good show, but the sound ruined the most for me.
2006 Paris, Prague
2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    what's the point?....I've only been to Paris...so I was at a shitty show? (i don't think so but...) oh...well, i don't even have the strength anymore to comment on another topic like that...I don't get it...whatever...
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I much prefered Prague to Paris too ..better atmosphere, better setlist...but I don't agree on the sound..We could hardly hear Ed in Prague.

Neither are the best for me though.
  • Options
    Didn't go to Paris so will have to say Prague, I will agree with you on the sound though but hey you can't have everything.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    elodye wrote:
    what's the point?....I've only been to Paris...so I was at a shitty show? (i don't think so but...) oh...well, i don't even have the strength anymore to comment on another topic like that...I don't get it...whatever...

Exactly. What's the point?

I didn't see them in Prague, but in Antwerp and Paris. I bet Antwerp kicked Prague's butt. But we can't really compare, now can we. :rolleyes:

And it seems like the Italians shows were even better then both of these, but we weren't there, now were we? And Athens looks like it's gonna blow every show before that out of the water. But I'm not gonna be there either.

So just let us cherish the shows we had the chance to experience, even if it's just one.
  • Options
    ..)
    2006 Paris, Prague
  • Options
    elodye wrote:

The point is It would be fun to hear some other peoples point on thoose concerts.
    Whats the point on talking about the concerts anyway??
    Is it all about "It was my happiest day of my life, i love pearl jam, i love eddie vedder"
    Every show isn´t 100%. But Paris wasn´t that bad, just my expactations was sooo high since it was my first PJ concerts and the show did´nt keep it upp with it.

Anyway see you in Paris in december. I´m gonna have a smile on my face and so will you I hope=)
    2006 Paris, Prague
  • Options
    pointless thread..............i loved paris cos i saw pearl jam, thats all that bloody matters!

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    Hmm for me it isn´t.
    I wouldn´t have startened it otherwise i guess.

Cheers on Prague
    2006 Paris, Prague
  • Options
    elodye wrote:

true...everything was barely o.k
    sound was crap (where i was)

boot fairly good though..
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    GO!!!GO!!! Posts: 74
    Stupid topic, what's wrong with the Paris gig?? Did they play Black in Prague, or thumbing my way, or You've got to hide your love away or even RVM???? No but they did play them in Paris. Sure they played a few rare songs in Prague, but I didn't say that was a bad gig either. Everybody has got a different taste, so it's your opinion I think it's the best to keep that for yourself.

Btw. I wasn't in Prague and also not in Paris, but I was in Berlin and Arnhem, and I'm not going to compare those 2 shows, just happy that I was at both!!!
  • Options
    I wasn't at Paris but I was at Prague and let me tell you that show ROCKED from begining to end!! The encore with all the "man's" was amazing!! Awwww, a week ago I was in Prague! Too many memories... precious memories at that!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    GO!!! wrote:
    so it's your opinion I think it's the best to keep that for yourself.

hmm and what are you doing??
    2006 Paris, Prague