Options

1st Pearl Jam show

HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
My first show was at Portland Meadows. About two weeks before the show I heard from a relative that Pearl Jam would be opening for Neil Young. I was rather short on cash at the time so I returned a new pair of sneakers I had just bought so I could get tickets to the show. The other opener was to be Blind Melon. A freind and I made it to the show and we were able to work our way up towards the front to sit on the grass and wait for the show. When the first band took the stage of course the crowd surged to the barrier. I pushed my way forward and by the time Pearl Jam came on I was on the barrier. This was just a day or two after Ed dissed the MTV awards after they had performed 'Animal' on the same show. I was kicked in the head numerous times by the stage divers. Hosed down by security on a blazingly hot day. This was still probably the best show I've seen with their raw youthful energy. Although the Gorge in '05 was musically more complete the feel of this '93 show with Uncle Neil was great.
#FHP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    Wouldn't that show have been in '93?? :confused:
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Spring 1995 Moore Theatre, fan club only (+guest). Most remarkable thing about it was that Stone was blonde. The concerts only got better.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Motown322 wrote:
    Wouldn't that show have been in '93?? :confused:
    Maybe i'll have to change my signuature. I'm am getting old and you know.........

1st show ever KISS 1-13-78
    #FHP
  • Options
    When Ten came out in 1991, lets just say "real young." So this year, I experienced my first Pearl Jam show in Albany, NY.It was the most amazing and memorable experience in my entire life. The energy at Pepsi Arena was so alive. It was surreal. You all know how it feels. I will never forget the explosion from the crowd when PJ played the opening notes to Jeremy. It was off the charts.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Horos wrote:
    My first show was at Portland Meadows. About two weeks before the show I heard from a relative that Pearl Jam would be opening for Neil Young. I was rather short on cash at the time so I returned a new pair of sneakers I had just bought so I could get tickets to the show. The other opener was to be Blind Melon. A freind and I made it to the show and we were able to work our way up towards the front to sit on the grass and wait for the show. When the first band took the stage of course the crowd surged to the barrier. I pushed my way forward and by the time Pearl Jam came on I was on the barrier. This was just a day or two after Ed dissed the MTV awards after they had performed 'Animal' on the same show. I was kicked in the head numerous times by the stage divers. Hosed down by security on a blazingly hot day. This was still probably the best show I've seen with their raw youthful energy. Although the Gorge in '05 was musically more complete the feel of this '92 show with Uncle Neil was great.

Good times. That was my first show as well. The rail was brutal that day . . . in a good way of course :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Mine was 12/31/91 San Fran. I went with some friends who had an extra ticket. Originally I wanted to see the Chilis, who were good that night, but this band I had only just heard of stole the show and began my 15 year obsession. Beautiful...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    nocode23 wrote:
    Mine was 12/31/91 San Fran. I went with some friends who had an extra ticket. Originally I wanted to see the Chilis, who were good that night, but this band I had only just heard of stole the show and began my 15 year obsession. Beautiful...

What a beautiful OBSESSION it is though!

Isn't it???!!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    My first PJ show was Lollapalooza '92...

I was ready for this band to enter my life and needed them more than they needed me.

RELEASE was on my headphones about every night shortly after my father passed away. It really helped me sort out some issues at the time. And as I have gotten older (and more mature!), I have found that MAN OF THE HOUR is more fitting now.

What an amazing band!
  • Options
    DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    Mine was 3-17-94 West Lafayette, IN (Purdue)....Awesome!
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Smile_dad wrote:
    What a beautiful OBSESSION it is though!

Isn't it???!!!

It is an utterly beautiful OBSESSION! One that has helped me through a lot.