Options

EVERYBODY LOOOOOVES EDDIE VEDDER! (Reading related)

2»

Comments

• Options
    CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    OneLove wrote:
    Just out of curiosity... I am assuming that you all are guys right? Its an interesting point that you make, valid for the most part...

I'm a chick, wish that there were more guys in this world like you all, since you clearly believe that objectifying any human based on phisique is innapropriate. Kudos to you.

I'm also of the female variety... can I still get the kudos though, please?
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • Options
    NiceNice Posts: 330
    JUUUAAAAAJUUUUUAAAAAAAJUUUUUAAAAAAAA!! This thread is really funny!!

As my mother would say (over and over again, hehe) "Extremes are bad"
    I don't see anything wrong in noticing the good looks of band members, but if you take it to the "extreme" of being that the only reason to love the band... well... that's simply stupid... and at times, extremely irritating for other people!!!

So, I'm a girl, and I hate little teenagers shouting stupid things, even at the cinema, It annoys me so much!! But that doesn't mean that at some point in a concert or video I won't comment something about how good they look. If with balance, then I don't see anything wrong about it.

That said, I would really like to express my despise for those infantile creatures that belong to Back Street Boys concerts, after all, that what those bands were created for! Go and feed them!! And let us enjoy music in peace!!!!!! Sorry, I got carried away, hehe.
    Buenos Aires 25/11/05
    Buenos Aires 26/11/05
    Barcelona 01/09/06
    Madrid 09/06/07

BILBAO 2010!!!

"How I choose to feel... is how I am"
  • Options
    Cagey wrote:
    Oh, so he's a "fine thing" now??? eh, don't remember anyone saying that.

It was an example of what other people might be saying ..
    As you will see from my post I am in agreement.
    "You SHOULDN'T love a band because you think that the lead singer is a fine thing"

Maybe I should have put "fine thing" in inverted commas ??????? Excuse my grammatical error.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    It was an example of what other people might be saying ..
    As you will see from my post I am in agreement.
    "You SHOULDN'T love a band because you think that the lead singer is a fine thing"

Maybe I should have put "fine thing" in inverted commas ??????? Excuse my grammatical error.

I've been following the band since the get go and I can honestly say it was the music that got my attention. I didn't see anything other than the "Ten" cover when I first heard them and that CD completely blew me away.

Then I saw the "Alive" video shortly thereafter and thought "well, that's just the icing on the cake". As a hetero female with working eyes, I don't find anything wrong with viewing Ed as an attractive person but for me and most of the other female fans that I know, it's all about the music.

I'm sure I objectified him much more in my younger years. I remember when I first watched MTV's unplugged, the man's presence on that stage blew me away. His performance was captivating and honest, and yes, damn sexy. I don't think it's wrong as a viewer to notice that. I've often mentioned that Ed has the sexiest voice in rock 'n roll, and I don't feel that as a negative either. It's okay to be sexy and talented and the lead singer of an amazing band like Pearl Jam and have people notice and respond to that.

I was 19 when I started following the band and I'm 34 now, so the fangirl days have come and gone, and I still think Ed is easy on the eyes but the music is what stood the test of time with me.

Sexy singers are often a dime a dozen but music that can really hit home with you and carry you through the best and worst times of your life is what really matters. Pearl Jam has done that, and they couldn't have done that with Ed alone, there are 5 members of that band, and I owe each and every one of them a debt of gratitude for doing what they do.

As one of my LJ icons state, "Worship the music, not the musician".
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11