2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Agree.  He's hardly the worst offender and he can play the game even as a grey beard...

I only follow hockey through apps.  I never watch the boring regular season and don't have much interest in the game until the salary cap is fixed...
    What's wrong with the cap? All teams have the same limit and I think it keeps things very even. Teams better have good prospect development and good depth or they struggle.
    I agree there are a few loop holes that need to be fixed. Looking at you Tampa for taking advantage last year :tongue:

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Espn+ is the best app for hockey, they show games constantly 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I see Nick Lidstrom was just hired as a VP of hockeys in Detroit.  Now there was a great d man…easily the best Swede ever…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I see Nick Lidstrom was just hired as a VP of hockeys in Detroit.  Now there was a great d man…easily the best Swede ever…
    Agreed. Can Hedman take that title?  He’s on his way to the Hall.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    He was awesome.
    And all the Kronwalled hits jump into mind too!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Preds are ROLLING

take down the Avalanche and now sitting on top of the west.

Saros for Veznia and Jeannot for Calder  
    mrussel1 said:
    Will Herman take the title:  No.  Hedman is a fine d man but unless he pulls a Lidstrom and starts reeling off a string of Norris Trophy’s then when and if he goes to the hall he be joining a lot of really good dman.  Lidstrom is one of the few dman that can be mentioned in the same breath as bobby orr and Doug Harvey.  All 3 7 time Norris Trophy winners…Lidstrom won most of his Norris after the age of 30…

And with all this talk of hockey being dirty…Lidstrom was one of the cleanest players in the game, played the game the right way…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    a5pj said:
    He was awesome.
    The Russian 5, Kronwall, Mule, Zetterberg and how could anyone forget Datsuyk…coached by Bowman and Babcock..The wings over that 20 year period sure uncovered some talent…and unless I misheard Mike I was not a salary cap fan…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    a5pj said:
    He was awesome.
    I forgot my favourite wing of all…Probert.  Good hockey 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    a5pj said:
    He was awesome.
    The Russian 5, Kronwall, Mule, Zetterberg and how could anyone forget Datsuyk…coached by Bowman and Babcock..The wings over that 20 year period sure uncovered some talent…and unless I misheard Mike I was not a salary cap fan…
    Don't forget Shanny.  I loved watching him play.  Looked like he had no pads on and he could drop the gloves with the best of them.  I know he was not discovered by the Wings, but he was great.  One of my favorite players of all time. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Will Herman take the title:  No.  Hedman is a fine d man but unless he pulls a Lidstrom and starts reeling off a string of Norris Trophy’s then when and if he goes to the hall he be joining a lot of really good dman.  Lidstrom is one of the few dman that can be mentioned in the same breath as bobby orr and Doug Harvey.  All 3 7 time Norris Trophy winners…Lidstrom won most of his Norris after the age of 30…

And with all this talk of hockey being dirty…Lidstrom was one of the cleanest players in the game, played the game the right way…
    Yeah you're right.  He has a Conn and a Norris but I was thinking he was still late 20's.  He's 31 now.  So he has plenty of years left.  I can see him getting the Norris this year, although the sexy picks are others.  Right now he leads the league in D points and I would argue he's one of the best defensive players in the league as well. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    a5pj said:
    He was awesome.
    Don't forget Shanny.  I loved watching him play.  Looked like he had no pads on and he could drop the gloves with the best of them.  I know he was not discovered by the Wings, but he was great.  One of my favorite players of all time. 
    Shanahan was great, a big piece to get them over that hurdle..
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah you're right.  He has a Conn and a Norris but I was thinking he was still late 20's.  He's 31 now.  So he has plenty of years left.  I can see him getting the Norris this year, although the sexy picks are others.  Right now he leads the league in D points and I would argue he's one of the best defensive players in the league as well. 
    He’d and a fine d man…no doubt in my mind.  But Lidstom was Brady before Brady in a way…hockey players, just like football players are not suppose to age like fine wine…but both were/are finesse players.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Jumb0 said:
    Preds are ROLLING

Is David Poile still there?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Jumb0 said:
    Preds are ROLLING

Is David Poile still there?  

He is. 
    He’s a good hockey man. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That is pretty funny.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2022
    Hard to believe the B’s let him go. He seems like a guy Cam Neely would want to keep around. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

if memory serves me correct my first introduction to Krug was Boston v detroit playoff series…he was an impressive rookie in the playoffs.  Now of course maybe it was not krug, but I’m kinda, maybe sorta sure….
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    edited January 2022
    Went to the Pens at Vegas game, and was impressed with the atmosphere, inside the stadium and out.  People that I talked to (locals, workers) seemed to be more into the Knights than the Raiders, will be interesting to see if that changes in the future.  Recommend the trip, though!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Did you guys see this Blackhawks town hall? Wirtz is kind of a lunatic.  
    mrussel1 said:

Pretty disgusting. Doesn't want to talk about 2010 but hired Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp to lead the GM search. 
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Pretty disgusting. Doesn't want to talk about 2010 but hired Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp to lead the GM search. 
    It was... plus it was a friggin' Town Hall and he invited fans and reporters.  But he doesn't want to answer certain questions, about a huge scandal and how they are better moving forward.  Terrible.

Gretzky brought up a great point, how would the parents of an 18 year old kid be comfortable with playing in that org?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It was... plus it was a friggin' Town Hall and he invited fans and reporters.  But he doesn't want to answer certain questions, about a huge scandal and how they are better moving forward.  Terrible.

Gretzky brought up a great point, how would the parents of an 18 year old kid be comfortable with playing in that org?
    Dude, I'm not comfortable with my kids playing YOUTH hockey. I can only imagine that the "culture" gets worse at every rung.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I want to know what was going through the minds of the other people up on stage. The one guy was like hey I'll gladly answer your question and talk about it. 
    Jumb0 said:
    I want to know what was going through the minds of the other people up on stage. The one guy was like hey I'll gladly answer your question and talk about it. 
    Yeah that was his son who is probably not as tone deaf.  But the old man was being overly and unnecessarily combative.  This is going to be a problem for the franchise.  You'll see some apologies I would think. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Anyone watch the All Star skills competition last night? I hadn't watched it in a few years but decided to check it out. NHL knows what they are doing for the All star break. Glad they still had some of the old school skills and it was cool to see some of the new ones as well. Only one I didn't really care for was the breakaway competition. It was fun but that was about it, not much skill involved plus the wrong person "won" I think. Only other thing I don't understand it the actual game itself. So it's just gonna be the Pacific division vs the Metropolitan guys? No central or Atlantic players in the game? They should go back to East vs West, IMO
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly