Options

Before the gig preparations?

pepepepe Posts: 30
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Another vital question before my first PJ gig ever: How should I prepare? 3 weeks till Prague...

Do I just play all the records all the time. Or is it the best solution to play all the records thru, but only once? And should I have a 'total radiosilence week' before the gig. Just to tease the appetite.

What has worked for you guys?
Prague 22.09.2006...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I went to my first one last thuesday in Arnhem....I just want to say....there is nothing that wil prepare you for the live thing!!!!It was mindblowing because of al the energie.I play pj albums most of the time anyway so all i did different before the show was turn the volume op even more then usually....my neighbours love me*smile*And i must say that the new album was on my cd player the most.
    But do what feels good to you.But radio silence is unneccesary torture i think.Play them a lot and don't be shy to use the volume button the way is was designd.....Have a great show!!!
  • Options
    use the volume button as it was meant. However, i do suggest u take a breather the day before the gig and mantain radiosilence. That really did it for me. The anticipation was immense and it made the gig all that more unbeliveable. But whatever you do, you're gonna be blown out of your mind at your first gig. Mine was at dublin last week, and i'm still coming to grips with it!!!
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    pepe wrote:
    Another vital question before my first PJ gig ever: How should I prepare? 3 weeks till Prague...

Do I just play all the records all the time. Or is it the best solution to play all the records thru, but only once? And should I have a 'total radiosilence week' before the gig. Just to tease the appetite.

Euh, beer?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    i have tried not listening to any pearl jam at all a week before a show, couple days before the show, and for me it didnt work....for some reason i need my daily dose of the band..... i just listen to them how i normally do, but i try to mix it up, listen to some older shows circa 92' or 94 and throw in some 2000/2003, but i have pearl jam blastin all the time and i still love every single minute of the show....have fun and trust me, you will be blown away,i have seen them 7 times so far and everytime seems better than the one before....
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • Options
    parel jam wrote:
    Euh, beer?

LOL, we have a winner :D
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    Music is of course the most obvious part of the mental training.

Parel jam guessed the other one that was coming. How do I prepare myself physicly? First encouter with the band means that one should be in the most highest peak of all conditions...
    Prague 22.09.2006...
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    pepe wrote:

physical exercise is essential. Try to run 3 miles per day, go to the gym, drink energising drinks, avoid alchool. Make stretching.
    healthy food can be helpful. Eat salads and fresh fruits, keep your income of vitamins and proteins equilibrated. Don't drink water for about 4 hours before the concert, in order to avoid needs during the performance of our artists.
    A certain number of hours of sleep per night is essential. Avoid violent movies before to go to bed. Avoid masturbation, it weakens your sight and legs. Tight clothes must not be dressed for all the three weeks.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Puck78 wrote:
    physical exercise is essential. Try to run 3 miles per day, go to the gym, drink energising drinks, avoid alchool. Make stretching.
    healthy food can be helpful. Eat salads and fresh fruits, keep your income of vitamins and proteins equilibrated. Don't drink water for about 4 hours before the concert, in order to avoid needs during the performance of our artists.
    A certain number of hours of sleep per night is essential. Avoid violent movies before to go to bed. Avoid masturbation, it weakens your sight and legs. Tight clothes must not be dressed for all the three weeks.

:)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:

*lol* now thats good information *still lol*
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    Avoid masturbation, it weakens your sight and legs.

Great info. ;) I believe Olympic boxers do the same thing. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    healthy food can be helpful. Eat salads and fresh fruits, keep your income of vitamins and proteins equilibrated.

...and when turning to your 30s in the near future this all comes more and more vital. Though I have to admit that the last few days of the training season might be a disaster. We're landing to Prague on wednesday and all the anxious waiting can lead into some hasardous methods of surviving.
    Puck78 wrote:
    Don't drink water for about 4 hours before the concert, in order to avoid needs during the performance of our artists.

How much is enough and yet not too few nor much on the drink side? Please help me, I'm desperate! I don't want to end up sleeping under a truck during the set (like a friend of mine once...)
    Prague 22.09.2006...
  • Options
    use the volume button as it was meant. However, i do suggest u take a breather the day before the gig and mantain radiosilence. That really did it for me.
    Dress in white. Castity belts are available for necessity.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    pepe wrote:

How much is enough and yet not too few nor much on the drink side? Please help me, I'm desperate! I don't want to end up sleeping under a truck during the set (like a friend of mine once...)

Honestly, don't drink at all. Don't do anything that may take away from the experience at ALL. the main one is drinking. If you drink too much you run the risk of having to go to the toilet or feeling uncomfortable. Drink water but not too much either.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Honestly, don't drink at all. Don't do anything that may take away from the experience at ALL. the main one is drinking. If you drink too much you run the risk of having to go to the toilet or feeling uncomfortable. Drink water but not too much either.
    Exactly. Stop drinking in this right moment, that means: three weeks before the concert. I stopped about 23 days ago and my concert will be in two weeks.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    Exactly. Stop drinking in this right moment, that means: three weeks before the concert. I stopped about 23 days ago and my concert will be in two weeks.
    :( shite, you're fucked then!

37 days is NOT enough - give it two months at LEAST!!!!!!!!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Alternatively.... :o

6 pints of Guinness and a Crazy Mary in the queue :D:D:D :rolleyes:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...