Options

2006-08-29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands Setlist Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I'm Gone wrote:
    Not that i'm aware of. I can confirm that if there was a Daughter tag it was NOT It's Okay

Nice and conclusive there then ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    I think hard core PJ fans (like myself) need to relize that the band will never play a show that will make us completely happy, because there are too many casual fans that would be pissed if they played a show of all rareities and new stuff and left all there "hits" out,for me I know what to expect and if they play 4 or 5 songs that I am not sick of I'm more than happy,after all most of these songs we are sick of are the songs that made us fall in love with the band in the first place.I mean I won't pay to go to more than 2 or 3 shows a tour but when I do go I'm happy just to see the band.I only went to 1 show this year and herd Rats and Satans Bed, sure there was a good 10 or more songs I could have done without but to me it was a great show.

If you guys want to hear different songs at every show you should start listening to jambands like I do :^)
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    Aug 29 Arnhem, Netherlands Geldredome

Release
    Why Go
    Save You
    Corduroy
    Severed Hand
    (No Woman, No Cry)/Better Man
    World Wide Suicide
    Insignificance
    Jeremy
    Do The Evolution
    Given To Fly
    Even Flow
    I Got Shit
    Lukin
    Spin The Black Circle
    Rearviewmirror

Man of the Hour
    Daughter
    State Of Love And Trust
    Comatose
    Porch

Bu$hleaguer
    Leash
    Alive
    Rockin´ In The Free World
    Yellow Ledbetter
    wow this looks like great show
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • Options
    How was Wolfmother? Anyone?
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    only lukin so far...they must be saving no codes for lisbon...2 nights mean 2 completely different setlists.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    wow, only three songs from Avocado.

No Life Wasted? Marker in the Sand? Gone?
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
  • Options
    that's a brilliant setlist, almost as good as the one at reading. Still would've loved to see ed with the uke in dublin though.
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Bob Weir wrote:
    I think hard core PJ fans (like myself) need to relize that the band will never play a show that will make us completely happy, because there are too many casual fans that would be pissed if they played a show of all rareities and new stuff and left all there "hits" out,for me I know what to expect and if they play 4 or 5 songs that I am not sick of I'm more than happy,after all most of these songs we are sick of are the songs that made us fall in love with the band in the first place.I mean I won't pay to go to more than 2 or 3 shows a tour but when I do go I'm happy just to see the band.I only went to 1 show this year and herd Rats and Satans Bed, sure there was a good 10 or more songs I could have done without but to me it was a great show.

If you guys want to hear different songs at every show you should start listening to jambands like I do :^)

There's too many PJ fans to please everyone. Unless they played every single song they have ever written plus all the cover's we are used to hearing every single show someone will always say something. :)

I try not to though. I love hearing any song by this band live.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    awesome. rvm closing out main set and porch closing out the 1st encore. having those two at the same show is sweet
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    Tonton wrote:
    wow, only three songs from Avocado.

No Life Wasted? Marker in the Sand? Gone?

i was banking on Life bloody Wasted in fantasy league. Was my #1 pick for tonight. I didnt get any of my picks actually. Nuts.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    great setlist. it looks like the guys were rockin out alot tonight. I can't wait for all these bootlegs. Maybe we'll have them by the 2007 tour!!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    bjf143 wrote:
    true, true...however, was this before or after his supermodel gf ran on stage...not sure... :D

Ouch....EVERYBODY knows, that supermodels got nothin on Detroit2NYC!
  • Options
    QuintQuint Posts: 27

Just returned from the show. Wolfmother kicked ass, but were nothing compared to the boys.

Too tired to give more comments. Going to bed now. Antwerp tomorrow!
    Saw things so much clearer
    Once you, were in my...
    Rearviewmirror...
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I can confirm that Wolfmother was a kickass support act. I don't think My Morning Jacket can top that in Bern.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Dercheef wrote:
    I can confirm that Wolfmother was a kickass support act. I don't think My Morning Jacket can top that in Bern.

I have seen my moring jacket and I can tell you they can't.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options

They were brilliant. I just bought the CD this weekend especially for the show and I was quite looking forward to it. They didn't disappoint me. His voice was very good live. I kept thinking when will they start playing Dazed and confused.:D If you whole have your eyes closed he could definitely pull it off.
  • Options
    I have seen my moring jacket and I can tell you they can't.:D
    Hehehe :D
    I'll give them a chance to proof me (and you) wrong.
    I can't wait seeing The Black Keys in Berlin. I really like them.
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    Hehehe :D
    I'll give them a chance to proof me (and you) wrong.
    I can't wait seeing The Black Keys in Berlin. I really like them.

Shit you dog you. I wish I could see them again it has been too long. Two albums back to be precise.

Do you know if they will do a tour for the coming album? I had the chance to see them last year I think it was, but it was an expensive week an I had four gigs to go to one of them had to drop. Seeing that one of those four was in Tilburg not my city (Blonde redhead I think) at least a band that I had to see there was a choice to be made. Two gigs in my home town or one in Amsterdam. Sadly enough The Black keys had to go. Had they played a mounth later I would have surely have gone.

Anyway enjoy the gig.
  • Options
    The concert was amazing.... a wonderful set with several songs I've not seen live before. I'm now sitting in work, with a sore throat getting ready to do it all again tonight in arnhem. My photos are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/sets/72157594259426066/
  • Options
    The guys were amazing last night!! Unbelieveable that because of the F&%##ng trafficjams around the Gelredome we were an hour late. We had missed the supportingact and two whole songs at least!
    That pissed me off big time.

But PJ rocked their asses off!!! I have written down the setlists, after the show, because I always remember the songs by heart ofcourse.
    After havin' waited for them fellows to come to Holland again after Pinkpop 6 years ago and the unfortunate events that happenend, that made them not come to Ahoy, later that month, was all forgotten after these unbelieveable amazing songs and feelings that went through my spine.
    Eddie with his kickass voice and terrific charisma. Stone and Mickey rocking like crazy with Jeffie and the wonderful gitar and drum-solo.
    We were with 8 people who have no voices anymore and have very sore throats gnagnagna! We danced and sang from our hearts the whole time on the stairs. Why have seats at a show like that?!!! Please people, stand up and don't stay on your butt when you hear this music!

Regarding the setlist, can anyone add the missing songs please, because we were (unforgivenly) LATE. Probably the first two/three songs ( boehoehoe... SnIFF ... tears... agony...) or give the whole list so I can compare the songs.
    I have checked already on the Ten-site, but they're not there yet!

I would like to thank this guy above me ...
    > From Amsterdam.... for the wonderful pictures you've made. I had made recordings with my mobile-phone, but they sucked!

Everyone enjoy all the next events you're about to see and give the guys my love!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    It was a great show. We didn't have trafficjams. We arrived at the Gelredome around 17.30 - 18.00..

About the setlist : check
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213497
  • Options
    Shit you dog you. I wish I could see them again it has been too long. Two albums back to be precise.

Do you know if they will do a tour for the coming album? I had the chance to see them last year I think it was, but it was an expensive week an I had four gigs to go to one of them had to drop. Seeing that one of those four was in Tilburg not my city (Blonde redhead I think) at least a band that I had to see there was a choice to be made. Two gigs in my home town or one in Amsterdam. Sadly enough The Black keys had to go. Had they played a mounth later I would have surely have gone.

Anyway enjoy the gig.
    I think they'll tour a bit around europe but I don't know any exact dates.
  • Options
    We could have made it in one hour and 20 min but it took us over 4 hours to get there.....but because we left 5 hours before the show(i was too damm nerveus to stay at home any longer)we made it in time....we did almost end up in a huge accident and a big truck lost its cargo right next too my car....so i guess there was a little pj loving angel on my shoulder.....driving further it was impossible not to burst out in....off course ....ALIVE
    What i really could not get was that people behind me (we had seats)were kinda uppset whit me standing in front of them....get up and jump along.!!!!I thougt that considering my health it would be better to have tickets for seats.....never again....next time i wil smoke a green one extra and i wil be jumping in the crowd!!!
    Did not let it spoil my night(it would take a hel of a lot more than that)I am still shaking.
    greetz Wendy
    Rotterdam(spijkenisse)
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    I think they'll tour a bit around europe but I don't know any exact dates.

Well it would be grande if you could let me know incase I miss it. You never know, might just see it when the parties over and I don't want to do that.:D
  • Options
    Well it would be grande if you could let me know incase I miss it. You never know, might just see it when the parties over and I don't want to do that.:D
    http://theblackkeys.com/category/tour/
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:

Hey cool. They are coming, the bad news is that they again come to Amsterdam. It isn't the best place for me to go, but it is better than Nijmwegen. Thanks for the hook up.