PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I'm too damn cheap to buy a new car, I couldn't find a used GV80 locally so didn't test drive but I was very interested in it.  Took a Volvo xc90 for a few days and liked it but returned.  Genesis is really nice. Got one with 29k miles.  High quality, smooth and lots of options.  Honestly, it is on par as far as comfort with the luxury cars that would cost 20-30k more.  I'm very pleased either it.  Comfortable as can be, 10x more so than my Honda, which I liked.
    I think you'll like it.  
    I drove a fucking hell of a bargain, which is tough to do these days.  Pleased they played ball with me.

Family was bummed, at first.  They loved the Volvo.
    It was really nice, but I saved 10 grand.  ;)  I'm cheap.  Rather spend my money on sushi and booze than on cars.
    I’m cheap as fuck but I had some good shit happen in work recently so am likely splurging a bit in the spring. I would much prefer a 2021 GV80 with 10-20k miles but like you said, they don’t exist, so we’ll see. I love the look of the Volvo XC90 but have heard terrible things. 

GV80…the inside looks incredible and it’s not cheap, but it does seem like it rivals cars that cost a lot more. Glad to hear positive reviews

Completely agreed, I’m with you on spending money on experiences over things. A 2019 CRV is the nicest car I have ever/currently own…was all used accords before that 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    That score card is amazing. I swear it amazes me the way people can take care of things. Thank god I lost my childhood idolism of Lenny Dykstra and the autographed baseball that my little brother decided to scribble all over the autograph with his very own autograph. 11 year old me was devastated.

New cars are lame. We just got a "new" car (a 2019 Forester) this past fall. I expect it to last at least 15 years.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I resisted but it was time.  My wife encouraged me to buy whatever I wanted but I'm too cheap.
    The idea of a $1,500 car payment made me laugh.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited January 2022
    Also, my wife has a Forester.  Good wheels

I'm too damn cheap to buy a new car, I couldn't find a used GV80 locally so didn't test drive but I was very interested in it.  Took a Volvo xc90 for a few days and liked it but returned.  Genesis is really nice. Got one with 29k miles.  High quality, smooth and lots of options.  Honestly, it is on par as far as comfort with the luxury cars that would cost 20-30k more.  I'm very pleased either it.  Comfortable as can be, 10x more so than my Honda, which I liked.
    I think you'll like it.  
    I drove a fucking hell of a bargain, which is tough to do these days.  Pleased they played ball with me.

Family was bummed, at first.  They loved the Volvo.
    It was really nice, but I saved 10 grand.  ;)  I'm cheap.  Rather spend my money on sushi and booze than on cars.
    I’m cheap as fuck but I had some good shit happen in work recently so am likely splurging a bit in the spring. I would much prefer a 2021 GV80 with 10-20k miles but like you said, they don’t exist, so we’ll see. I love the look of the Volvo XC90 but have heard terrible things. 

GV80…the inside looks incredible and it’s not cheap, but it does seem like it rivals cars that cost a lot more. Glad to hear positive reviews

Completely agreed, I’m with you on spending money on experiences over things. A 2019 CRV is the nicest car I have ever/currently own…was all used accords before that 
    Congrats!
    You'll like it, I'm sure.

That score card is amazing. I swear it amazes me the way people can take care of things. Thank god I lost my childhood idolism of Lenny Dykstra and the autographed baseball that my little brother decided to scribble all over the autograph with his very own autograph. 11 year old me was devastated.

New cars are lame. We just got a "new" car (a 2019 Forester) this past fall. I expect it to last at least 15 years.
    This was in a scrapbook in her attic. The pages of the book were rotting and that is in perfect shape. It’s cool. The ads…looked up dimitris, given the location let’s just say it’s not exactly open. I’ll be keeping that one 
    I resisted but it was time.  My wife encouraged me to buy whatever I wanted but I'm too cheap.
    Could never. An outrageous concept.Would put cash down/trade in up front to avoid that type of bill monthly
    Could never. An outrageous concept.Would put cash down/trade in up front to avoid that type of bill monthly
    The all wheel drive 7 series, whistled up.  That was what I wanted if cost was something I didn't care about.

I did care, though.  :lol:  
    Haha Kenney now endorsing Lamb. Good god, just adding more and more reasons to be disappointed in him.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Zoom meeting with 3 of the Senate candidates last week. Fetterman had "other obligations", again. Kenyatta was really good. He's got a great story to tell. Maybe I won't worry about who is "electable" and just vote for who I think is the best???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Zoom meeting with 3 of the Senate candidates last week. Fetterman had "other obligations", again. Kenyatta was really good. He's got a great story to tell. Maybe I won't worry about who is "electable" and just vote for who I think is the best???
    And you're not wrong! That's what primaries are for, only wish I could do the same. I'm just too focused on the General. It would be a real bummer to lose that seat.

Who were the other two candidate - Arkoosh and Lamb?

The R candidate primary commercials have been hilarious, btw. It's like one big finger pointing of who is the bigger (lesser?) pieceashit ("this guys isn't a real Republican. He hired IMMIGRANTS! This guy doesn't LOVE Trump").
    And you're not wrong! That's what primaries are for, only wish I could do the same. I'm just too focused on the General. It would be a real bummer to lose that seat.

Who were the other two candidate - Arkoosh and Lamb?

The R candidate primary commercials have been hilarious, btw. It's like one big finger pointing of who is the bigger (lesser?) pieceashit ("this guys isn't a real Republican. He hired IMMIGRANTS! This guy doesn't LOVE Trump").
    Yeah Arkoosh & Lamb. Apparently Malcolm Kenyatta is going to call me tonight. If I really talk to him I'm going to ask what he's gonna do about all these red counties. He mentioned the election being a math equation and Phila & the 4 collar counties are 52% of the voters, but the math equation doesn't work if you're getting blown out by 50 points in like 50 counties.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    You probably will - he seems like he's been pretty accessible. Also, not great that it seems like the "established" Philly pols and unions (labor that is) have endorsed Lamb. As much as I think they're not huge endorsements they're not nothing, so not sure how the math gets easier in Philly for him then. Don't get me wrong - would love if this guy:  were to have a chance, and maybe I'm part of the problem when considering 
    electability.

Did you see this dumb dumb's comments? Basically, "land should vote over actual voters and let's annex Philly and Pittsburgh so that the Republican party has more voters." These people know their only chance of winning is to continue to rig the system. Not a fan of Anthony Williams but enjoying his forehead rubbing to all of this.

I'm gonna guess that woman is in some sort of position of power. "Proportionality Principal" - that sounds like some classic gibberish from those folks out there.

State senator out of York, took over for other fucking crazy person Scott Wagner when he ran for governor I believe.

I nerd out on the remapping of districts and what not. My belief is fair maps/elections and finance reform are the only way back to fair representation. The contradiction of trying to argue for proportionality by removing actual people and actual parts of the state. Imagine listening to yourself speak and then be able to live with one's self. It's insane. 

Then again, I'd be absolutely in love with the newly created state of Philadelphia. Perfectly fine with taking away these yokels' largest tax base.
    Fetterman's disappearing act is starting to catch up with him. They didn't even mention his no show on the Delco Dems forum.
    https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/john-fetterman-2022-senate-race-black-clergy-20220125.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_alerts_1_25_2022&sfmc_id=0031U00001WQquDQAT&sub_source=news-alert-newsletter&list_name=DE34_Newsletter_News_Alert&int_promo=newsletter&et_rid=228154786

So yeah, I spoke to Malcolm Kenyatta for 25 minutes yesterday. He was in no rush to get off the phone, and said he's talking to hundreds of people every week. I asked him about the divisiveness of accusing Conor Lamb of being the next Joe Manchin, and he pointed out Manchin's multiple fund raisers for Conor Lamb and Lamb's voting record - pretty good answer. I asked what we can do about the Supreme Court's corruption and he said nothing - they make their own rules - but he is in favor of expanding the Court.

Word - so I was curious and checked out PredictIt's odds for this race, they've got Lamb & Fetterman basically at a coin flip.

Yeah, that's my view on Lamb as well. Also that's my view on SCOTUS. I know you open up a giant can of worms by doing so, but that's where we're headed no matter what I think. So might as well just get what you can get when you can get it. I've come to the realization a while ago that as much as I believe in the idea of law, as it's what's one of the main principles of living in a civilized world, I also believe that those in power do not care about law once it affects them. Law to them is nothing more than a tool to keep the ruling class in power and to be punitive against everyone else, especially the poor and POC. Once it's not doing those things, then fuck all in their eyes. So yeah stack the courts.

But, yeah, this stuff will continue to rear its head re: Fetterman. He should basically be paying the guy he pulled the gun on to be on his campaign and go everywhere with him.

How I see it is Kenyatta and Fetterman will split the progs in Philly, Lamb will pick up establishment Philly Dems, Fetterman will pick up Pittsburgh-area progs, Lamb and Fetterman will battle it out for everything in the middle.
    Almost 4 months (at least) to go until the primary - that's an eternity. Anything can happen but there's no way Fetterman can hide that whole time (except showing up on MSNBC of course) and his story of The Incident on medium was as full of holes as Swiss cheese.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Is anyone concerned that nobody seems to care about this lockout? I bet the majority of the public doesn't even know about it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Is anyone concerned that nobody seems to care about this lockout? I bet the majority of the public doesn't even know about it. 
    Yeah pretty concerned now, didn't think it'd go this long.
    It's someone else's problem. I've got enough of my own problems over here...

So nobody's going to WOD tonight?

After going to Greensky last week I'm highly tempted to get tix for tomorrow night.
    After going to Greensky last week I'm highly tempted to get tix for tomorrow night.
    I was planning on getting tixx for tomorrow, but getting itchy.

Bummer - looks like Arkoosh is dropping out and I'm only going to assume that all those MontCo endorsements will go to Lamb. Boooo.
    PhillyWx starting to move away from 3-6" and into 6-10" territory for this snowstorm in Philly*. Pumped.

In the City that is; WNW seems to be right on the line of little to no snow.
    PhillyWx starting to move away from 3-6" and into 6-10" territory for this snowstorm in Philly*. Pumped.

In the City that is; WNW seems to be right on the line of little to no snow.
    Meanwhile I think weather channel is calling for nothing still. I’d like a big storm for aure
    Just got the kids two new sleds. Need a reason!

It's crazy that of anywhere around here it's the shore that's going to get slammed like it's the mountains.
    Just got the kids two new sleds. Need a reason!

It's crazy that of anywhere around here it's the shore that's going to get slammed like it's the mountains.
    The shore has been getting the worst of it to date.

We’ll have to get the kids together Saturday assuming we get hit
    The snow has commenced. Might have to cut this Dry January short a few days early and start with the snow load.

To all those going to the WoD show tonight - have a blast!