My Rant on Eddie Vedder Chicago Night 1

2»

Comments

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Tonight they held people back from re-entering until songs ended. Made a huge difference in people shuffling around throughout the show. Much appreciated.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    maak wrote:
    Or wait for the band to write another album like No Code and that will weed out all but the hardcore fans ;)

I'm down with that!

...but it's pretty hard to replicate genius like that a 2nd time.
    ;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Ed created the beast, now he has to deal with it. hard to tame.

tumblr_kp1oy4e3ZJ1qz4zs7o1_250.jpg

As much as I agree with the original poster, you have a valid point. Ed is and has been a rabble rouser extraordinaire, and I say that as a compliment. Hard to put that genie back in the bottle, as much as I prefer quiet and respect at shows such as the solo shows!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I was at night one and I must say the crowd was much more well behaved than night two back in 2008....It did seem like people were milling around an awful lot though...it was bad enough to draw my attention to it at times. Its like there was always people walking down the aisles, thru the rows etc. It never stopped!
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    im with the OP on this one .... i went to the Beacon 1st night ... i got so heated i turned around and told the people behind me to shut the fuck up ..they talked non stop for the first 4 songs ...and it was loud.. the people in front of me even told them to shut up at one point ....the best part was they just met the night of the show and at one point she said to him.."i dont want to get drunk, i tend to talk to much" :lol::lol::lol: thats when i turned around and said to her and him.. "YES, YOU DO TALK TO MUCH WHEN YOU GET DRUNK NOW SHOW THE FUCK UP AND ENJOY THE SHOW" everyone around me started laughing .. :lol::lol::lol:

dot get me started on the pee break crap ... i couldnt believe the amount of people getting up after each song ... it was insane . i guess i have never noticed this cause i have a very low 10c number ...but im talking 5-10 even 20 people at one time walking back in each isle ..its was very distracting...cause when the opened the back door the light was blinding me and others around us ...and out of habit i had to turn and look just about every time

Ed should have an intermission kinda like what they do for Broadway plays ... do two a show plus the encore break ...just an idea

BUT in all i still enjoyed the show .. i just wish people would understand how to act in a small intimate venue .. this was a theater not a bar ..you act accordingly
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • jerjer Posts: 28
    edited January 2012
    -
    Post edited by jer on
  • maakmaak Posts: 58
    jer wrote:
    maak wrote:
    This is rock and roll and not a tea party so what do you expect?

Are you seriously defending peoples' rudeness at a "rock and roll concert" by paraphrasing a Pete Townshend rant where he's telling people to shut up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjumawGYmwg
    So sarcasm doesn't work on the message pit is what you are saying to me? Yes I did know I was paraphrasing Pete Townshend. Jer if you read my other posts in this thread I explained my point of view.
    my cat's breath smells like cat food- RALPH WIGUM
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    Bryant wrote:
    I first want to say that I have been to a ton of shows in my life time and have been a fan for a very long time, but what I saw on Tuesday night was a Fucking joke. I really think that the crowd did not show any kind of respect to Eddie or Glen.

I cant even count how many times that people were getting up and taking a piss, getting more beer, or just being a bunch of douch bags. I mean really people do that shit before the show starts, and show some fucking respect to the performs that are working there ass off to play for us. I have never and I mean never saw anything like that in my entire life.

This is for the drunk asshole that kept yelling stupid shit everytime Eddie played a PJ song. Ok guy I get it you are a SUPER FAN you know what track simle is on No Code. I could go on and on but really if I was ed up there on stage and seeing all you ungrateful people getting up every 2 seconds to get some more beer, I would have walk off the stage and said FUCK YOU!!

Over all I thought Glen Hansard was fucking amazing and Eddie put on a good show, but shit people show some respect and ACT LIKE YOU HAVE SEEN THEM BEFORE. I hope that tonight the crowd is a little better for everyone that really like great music.

I had to vent so take this what its worth.......

Yea this guy you are talking about..Yellow hockey style jersey ? He was right behind us...was real annoying agree. and he was very drunk. I was happy that half way through the show he moved afew rows down on the isle. He was a total jerk. Other then that guy I thought the crowd was pretty good.

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    This has become an annual thing with these tours. I think these kinds of posts legitimately freak 'some' fans out who are going for the first time.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Bryant said:
    I first want to say that I have been to a ton of shows in my life time and have been a fan for a very long time, but what I saw on Tuesday night was a Fucking joke. I really think that the crowd did not show any kind of respect to Eddie or Glen.

I cant even count how many times that people were getting up and taking a piss, getting more beer, or just being a bunch of douch bags. I mean really people do that shit before the show starts, and show some fucking respect to the performs that are working there ass off to play for us. I have never and I mean never saw anything like that in my entire life.

This is for the drunk asshole that kept yelling stupid shit everytime Eddie played a PJ song. Ok guy I get it you are a SUPER FAN you know what track simle is on No Code. I could go on and on but really if I was ed up there on stage and seeing all you ungrateful people getting up every 2 seconds to get some more beer, I would have walk off the stage and said FUCK YOU!!

Over all I thought Glen Hansard was fucking amazing and Eddie put on a good show, but shit people show some respect and ACT LIKE YOU HAVE SEEN THEM BEFORE. I hope that tonight the crowd is a little better for everyone that really like great music.

We’ll see how Chicagoans behave this time around I guess 😼
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Thieves of silence!! 

Ms… ms… “MS BEHAVIN”
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    SOLAT319 said:
    Bryant said:

We’ll see how Chicagoans behave this time around I guess 😼
    Pretty sure this won’t be the previous “sit down” format/vibe with the backing band. That being said, looking forward to woman with the torn up voice screeching “EDDDDDDAY I LOVE YOOOOOOOU” during story time.