• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Heart
    Eurythmics for me as well!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    The Pretenders
    JPPJ84 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Ok I need help. Which three songs of each band should I listen to to make a decision??
    Pretenders:
    1. Brass in Pocket
    2. Middle of the Road
    3. My City Was Gone (personal fav, I'm from Ohio)
    popular others:
    4. Back on the Chain Gang
    5. Don't Get Me Wrong
    Cool, thanks! Anyone with Heart tipps?
    I read this as "anyone with hair tips?"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Heart
    JPPJ84 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Ok I need help. Which three songs of each band should I listen to to make a decision??
    Pretenders:
    1. Brass in Pocket
    2. Middle of the Road
    3. My City Was Gone (personal fav, I'm from Ohio)
    popular others:
    4. Back on the Chain Gang
    5. Don't Get Me Wrong
    Cool, thanks! Anyone with Heart tipps?
    I read this as "anyone with hair tips?"
    I could use those too :lol:
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Heart
    brianlux said:
    I almost couldn't decide which band I think is worse here...

Which female led band would you have wanted to win?
    Mine would be either Blake Babies or Juliana Hatfield Three (Julian Hatfield), Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin), or 10,000 Maniacs (Natalie Merchant).
    (Edit: beside Pretenders, of course).
    Fleetwood Mac then 10,000 Maniacs for me. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Heart
    brianlux said:

Mine would be either Blake Babies or Juliana Hatfield Three (Julian Hatfield), Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin), or 10,000 Maniacs (Natalie Merchant).
    I wanted the Eurythmics.  Loved them.

Yeah, good stuff.  Have you check out The Tourists?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Heart
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

Fleetwood Mac then 10,000 Maniacs for me. 

Winners, both.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

The Pretenders
    one of my faves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xb_ulhXyjw
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The Pretenders
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Heart beating Pretenders?  
    :lol: 

Heart remains a staple in my local stations programing.  Pretenders as well but to a lesser extent than Heart
    I’m actually shocked that the band that wrote Back in the Chain Gang is still in this. 
    That's an excellent song about rebuilding her band after the death of one member from drugs, and firing another because he was headed that way.  I mean it's not about getting you "Alone", but it's pretty damn good. 

B side was My City Was Gone, which I think is a better song than Heart ever wrote.  
    A song can be about a lot of things, doesn’t make it good. I bet there are a lot of death or Viking metal songs about the same subject that I don’t like.
    And fortunately, it is good.  
    To you it’s good. To me it’s trash. 🤷‍♂️
    I’ll never get why the Pretenders had any fans, but there are lots of bands like that in the world. Just no hook for me I guess. 
    Heart
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Heart remains a staple in my local stations programing.  Pretenders as well but to a lesser extent than Heart
    I’m actually shocked that the band that wrote Back in the Chain Gang is still in this. 
    That's an excellent song about rebuilding her band after the death of one member from drugs, and firing another because he was headed that way.  I mean it's not about getting you "Alone", but it's pretty damn good. 

B side was My City Was Gone, which I think is a better song than Heart ever wrote.  
    A song can be about a lot of things, doesn’t make it good. I bet there are a lot of death or Viking metal songs about the same subject that I don’t like.
    I’ll never get why the Pretenders had any fans, but there are lots of bands like that in the world. Just no hook for me I guess. 
    Doesn't matter what I'm saying... as long as I sing with inflection....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited January 2022
    The Pretenders
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Now that is a band I can get behind, although q massively overplayed song/record from their collectuin.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The Pretenders
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I’ve got that album.  Too bad that entire song (instrumentally) is a complete rip off the Feelies. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2022
    Heart
    The Pretenders are just a better band IMO, and Chrissie Hynde is infinitely cool.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    The Pretenders
    bump
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    The Pretenders
    Kinda surprised the vote isn't closer.  Two amazing bands, two amazing vocalists.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    The Pretenders
    vote as of Jan 12....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I couldn't vote for the same reason. I have no interest in either of these.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    And your CHAMPION with only 13 votes HEART
    Heart
    hisssssssssss
    Heart
    mrussel1 said:
    hisssssssssss

LOL.  Oh well, it was fun. 
    What's next?  Maybe WEAKEST LINK of LEFT HANDED ARMENIAN OUD PLAYERS?

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The Pretenders
    Greatest Band from the 2010s....had to be an original band, not a retread.  This would be tough 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Heart
    Greatest Band from the 2010s....had to be an original band, not a retread.  This would be tough 

Very tough!  I don't know very many. 

This discussion has been closed.