Cancer, and me.

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    With the amount of support being shown in this thread cancer don’t stand a chance…

Great vibes…

and fuck cancer…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wobbie said:
    hedonist said:
    Well, it seems the treatment effects decided to hit sooner rather than later. It’ll been not even a week? C’mon.

It blows…and I know it’ll get worse. Like I told a cousin, all I can do right now is ride it out best I can. And keep the anti-nausea meds nearby!

unfortunately, it will get worse....until it gets better!
    Yeah, I was surprised at the quickness and utter fatigue. But you’re right, I know this. And also what GG said about the meds doing what they’re supposed to. 

Meltdown, hell yes.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    Find a way through, around or over. 

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

^^^ That looks dirty. :giggle:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

You should listen to Country Boner. I think you’d dig it. 

Merk, fuckin A. I quoted that to my husband just the other day. I’m sure it’ll be muttered to myself more than once in the coming months. 
    That’s one of the handful of tracks I do know. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

You should see her pregnant hillbilly routine. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    And treatment week 2 begins! My thoughts are with you.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    dankind said:
    That was a beautiful thing to do Dan. Happy belated bday! I clicked, I cried. Damn hormones.
    dankind said:
    I just love you.

tish, thank you. I walked there and back today — something I couldn’t do last.Friday :)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Hedo, I'm not around much these days, so only just saw this thread now. My first reaction: OH NO!!! Then after reading through, I'm so glad to see how great your attitude is as you fight the fight - it's not much of a match obviously! :heart: Sending you healing and patience thoughts as you deal with the side effects of your treatment and with quitting smoking. Stay strong!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hedo, I'm not around much these days, so only just saw this thread now. My first reaction: OH NO!!! Then after reading through, I'm so glad to see how great your attitude is as you fight the fight - it's not much of a match obviously! :heart: Sending you healing and patience thoughts as you deal with the side effects of your treatment and with quitting smoking. Stay strong!
    Thank you! I’m having my second chemo session as I type :) My physical strength may take a hit but my determination is through the bloody roof. And I’m now officially more than one month tobacco-free! That alone bolsters me. 
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    hedonist, sorry to hear you are going through this..you are in my thoughts...sending you love and my best vibes.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thank you! I’m having my second chemo session as I type :) My physical strength may take a hit but my determination is through the bloody roof. And I’m now officially more than one month tobacco-free! That alone bolsters me. 
    How are you feeling after the second round? Ok, I hope. 
    hedonist, sorry to hear you are going through this..you are in my thoughts...sending you love and my best vibes.
    Thank you, eblue.

And thanks, GG, I’m okay though really tired. Effects of both treatments are supposed to strongly hit me next week, so I’m curious where that road will go. I’ve got meds and supplies on hand, and head scarves on standby should I need them!

And I know some just hate Amazon, but under circumstances like these, they’ve been a huge help and stress eliminator. 

• hedonist said:
    Thank you, eblue.

And thanks, GG, I’m okay though really tired. Effects of both treatments are supposed to strongly hit me next week, so I’m curious where that road will go. I’ve got meds and supplies on hand, and head scarves on standby should I need them!

And I know some just hate Amazon, but under circumstances like these, they’ve been a huge help and stress eliminator. 

Stay Strong!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Oh boy, Hedonist, sorry to hear what you're going through, but I like your attitude! You got this! Rock n roll...

I don't get to pop into Pearl Jam land often enough, but I can say I pop in a read a few things and see some of the coolest people and greatest support group. Miss you guys...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    At radiation earlier, it was a woman’s last session. She went in just before me. Some friends had gathered, waiting for her to “ring the bell”, an actual bell that is rung hard and loud when one’s finally through and over it. As I walked in to my session, I got choked up as I told them I wished their friend well.

I missed the bell, and her little speech afterwards. My husband was there though, and so thankful for him to witness — and live — that experience since I couldn’t. He said it was beautiful, humble, and dedicated to someone else for whom treatment hadn’t worked.

We all know that someone. 

It was a sweet moment, even to be on the fringes of it. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    hedonist said:
    At radiation earlier, it was a woman’s last session. She went in just before me. Some friends had gathered, waiting for her to “ring the bell”, an actual bell that is rung hard and loud when one’s finally through and over it. As I walked in to my session, I got choked up as I told them I wished their friend well.

I missed the bell, and her little speech afterwards. My husband was there though, and so thankful for him to witness — and live — that experience since I couldn’t. He said it was beautiful, humble, and dedicated to someone else for whom treatment hadn’t worked.

We all know that someone. 

It was a sweet moment, even to be on the fringes of it. 
    What a nice tribute.

I look forward to hearing about you ringing that bell!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited January 2022
    I wanted to post a clip of @licoricelust ringing that bell for inspiration, but can't find it. 

Regardless, I echo @mfc2006's sentiments. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Can't wait till "Hedo bell ringing day" arrives.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I cannot wait to ring the holy fuck out of that poor bell when my day comes. 

Johnny P, SO nice to see you!
    hedonist said:

You ring my bell every day. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

You peal beautifully, too. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

that sounds dirty

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

that sounds dirty

I hope so!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    hedonist said:

https://youtu.be/vsBak0oCgdY
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    cutz said:
    hedonist said:

https://youtu.be/vsBak0oCgdY
    I knew somebody would post it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421

more her speed....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14