Dexter Season 8

1192021222325»

Comments

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    I liked the ending. Still a few unanswered questions.
    No spin off please.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Was last night the finale?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    hedonist said:
    Was last night the finale?
    Yep
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I really wanted to like the ending, it seemed to be building to something really big, then......ho-hum. Definitely no spin offs.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s

I thought this finale was better than the original finale.  That being said it felt like Dexter made some un Dexter like moves, like killing the cop.

That being said, Angela got the better of him, and it seems having is son around impacted his decision making process.   Backing him into a corner and making poor decisions.

At least it got a fairly definitive ending.  Most of the problems with the original run of Dexter, were they milked the Dexter is going to get caught in season 2 (way too early), and then they didn't know when to end it (stretching it out a few seasons too many).

I feel like it's ambigous with Harrison too.  IE does he or does he not have a dark passenger.   Was a dark passenger something that harrison sr. just made up.   Seeing as Dexter was able to function for 10 years without killing people.   Did Harrison kill the old man for justice, to feed his dark passenger, or did it activate his dark passenger.

Still.. i don't think there's any desire to the see the series continue with harrison as the lead, but Harrison was right.  There's a lot of collateral damage in what Dexter does, and he only does it for himself, not for good.   It was just a way of not getting caught.
    Zod said:
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s

I thought this finale was better than the original finale.  That being said it felt like Dexter made some un Dexter like moves, like killing the cop.

That being said, Angela got the better of him, and it seems having is son around impacted his decision making process.   Backing him into a corner and making poor decisions.

At least it got a fairly definitive ending.  Most of the problems with the original run of Dexter, were they milked the Dexter is going to get caught in season 2 (way too early), and then they didn't know when to end it (stretching it out a few seasons too many).

I feel like it's ambigous with Harrison too.  IE does he or does he not have a dark passenger.   Was a dark passenger something that harrison sr. just made up.   Seeing as Dexter was able to function for 10 years without killing people.   Did Harrison kill the old man for justice, to feed his dark passenger, or did it activate his dark passenger.

Still.. i don't think there's any desire to the see the series continue with harrison as the lead, but Harrison was right.  There's a lot of collateral damage in what Dexter does, and he only does it for himself, not for good.   It was just a way of not getting caught.
    Yeah. Agreed mostly. And ultimately it were the un Dexter like moves (had to be rusty since those Miami days) that got him killed. Logan didn't fit the code, and was a good man, so Harrison used that as the excuse to kill him. 

I loved this season and I like having the closure, but they could've spent more time on how it ultimately ended. 

And the Batista stuff was such a tease! Had to double check the clock when Angela called him to see how much time was left. Would've been cool to see him help Angela catch Dex. But I would guess re-open the BHB case in Miami and concluded he was the guy. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    maybe I'll have to tell my wife to give it another shot after reading all these reviews of what happened. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Frankly, I’m somewhat miffed at the ending. Stellar soundtrack though, especially in this episode. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2022
    I liked the ending.... spin off show with Harrison?? :pensive: If so, they'd better get him some chewing lessons, lol. The way he eats really got under my skin!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    Zod said:
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s

Yeah. Agreed mostly. And ultimately it were the un Dexter like moves (had to be rusty since those Miami days) that got him killed. Logan didn't fit the code, and was a good man, so Harrison used that as the excuse to kill him. 

I loved this season and I like having the closure, but they could've spent more time on how it ultimately ended. 

And the Batista stuff was such a tease! Had to double check the clock when Angela called him to see how much time was left. Would've been cool to see him help Angela catch Dex. But I would guess re-open the BHB case in Miami and concluded he was the guy. 
    Harrison used him killing Logan as an excuse to kill him, interesting.
    I thought there were 2 weird things at the end, that being one. Harrison said you need to turn yourself in, then pulled the gun, I thought to keep him from running. BUT then guess I'll shoot you... weird

And the other was if Angela was such a great cop why would she let Harrison go and not get to the bottom of everything? Because she agreed with Dexter and solving all the missing girls? Didn't want Harrison involved anymore? I dunno... doesn't add up
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:
    Zod said:
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s

Harrison used him killing Logan as an excuse to kill him, interesting.
    I thought there were 2 weird things at the end, that being one. Harrison said you need to turn yourself in, then pulled the gun, I thought to keep him from running. BUT then guess I'll shoot you... weird

And the other was if Angela was such a great cop why would she let Harrison go and not get to the bottom of everything? Because she agreed with Dexter and solving all the missing girls? Didn't want Harrison involved anymore? I dunno... doesn't add up
    Yeah.....I'm conflicted by it now the more I think about it. That last 15 minutes really should've been a whole other episode or maybe  two. As great a character Kurt was and the whole Matt thing, there should have been more time devoted to this stuff at the end. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:
    Frankly, I’m somewhat miffed at the ending. Stellar soundtrack though, especially in this episode. 
    Agree all around.

Playing "A Wolf At The Door" was so frigging amazing.

I wanted H to off him with Dex objecting, but then being proud.

The love he receives is the love that is saved