Anyone have any experience with Bar/None Records

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
Just wondering if any of you have any Bar/None vinyl pressings and what your take is on the quality of those pressings.
Thanks!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2022
    I think they did some Lemonheads stuff but none that I own.  Sorry.  You may want to read some discog reviews of their pressings. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I think they did some Lemonheads stuff but none that I own.  Sorry.  You may want to read some discog reviews of their pressings. 

Yeah, I tried that but they were mixed reviews.  I guess the best thing to do is side with caution and pass on them.
    Thanks for the reply, cp!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    stick with CDs :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    stick with CDs :wink:

Only until I can get a turn table that doesn't make the needle jump while driving.  :lol:

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited January 2022
    I used to have plenty of BarNone cds and records back in the day, all excellent quality.

BUT... Full disclosure: I had several connections to BarNone, even did a zoom with the guy who still owns it earlier in Pandemic. So it would feel weird to say good things (that are absolutely true - have NEVER had a problem with BN vinyl or cds), without stating I also am connected to them in a way.  They also had one of the best US record stores for so many years: Pier Platters in Hoboken, NJ.

Actually it was on that zoom with Mr. Morrow the owner that I first learned of the pandemic supply chain issues in getting records printed & shipped!  Fascinating stuff but what a nightmare for those making or wanting to buy records during the pandemic...

I think you already chose to skip it, but if you do get it an have any problems, let me know.  Or if you love it, let me know that too!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    JH6056 said:
    I used to have plenty of BarNone cds and records back in the day, all excellent quality.

BUT... Full disclosure: I had several connections to BarNone, even did a zoom with the guy who still owns it earlier in Pandemic. So it would feel weird to say good things (that are absolutely true - have NEVER had a problem with BN vinyl or cds), without stating I also am connected to them in a way.  They also had one of the best US record stores for so many years: Pier Platters in Hoboken, NJ.

Actually it was on that zoom with Mr. Morrow the owner that I first learned of the pandemic supply chain issues in getting records printed & shipped!  Fascinating stuff but what a nightmare for those making or wanting to buy records during the pandemic...

I think you already chose to skip it, but if you do get it an have any problems, let me know.  Or if you love it, let me know that too!

Great info, thanks!  I'm still looking at a couple re-issues titles of theirs and will probably go for at least one. 
    Thanks again, JH!

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Cool Brianlux, let me know what happens when you get it.

And you are always welcome!
    JH6056 said:
    Cool Brianlux, let me know what happens when you get it.

And you are always welcome!

Will do!  :smile: