Options

Amsterdam to Arnhem!!

CorpCorp Posts: 9
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
We are travelling from the Dam to Arnhem anyone any ideas the best way to get there?
Anyone know if the train station in Arnhem is open or closed? I have heard that it was.
And one more question anyone up for meeting up near centreal station in a pub or coffee shop before we get the train?
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    there is no problem if u want to travel by train. there is a direct train.i just checked the dutch train site.
    from the Dam u can walk it (les then 5 minutes) to the station in amsterdam.
    from the arnhem station u can take bus 7 to the venue or maybe there are extra busses.

the last train back to amsterdam is 00.53. its an extra train which u will not find in train schedules at station but it runs because of the concert
    I change by not changing at all.
  • Options
    yeah corp def up for meetin up (this is eoin btw) wer headin over next sunday, wen u goin over?
    I don't care if the sun don't shine,
    And I don't care if nothing is mine!
  • Options
    We're not heading over untill Monday, We should meet up tuesday morning in the Doors or somewhere near Central Station. Anyone else looking to meet up?
    They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.
  • Options
    Corp wrote:
    We're not heading over untill Monday, We should meet up tuesday morning in the Doors or somewhere near Central Station. Anyone else looking to meet up?

Sure, I'll meet up before we train to Arnhem. I would like to leave either in the late morning or early afternoon. The Doors is a fine meeting place. I'll probably bring something along from The Gray Area. Maybe we should bring beer and lunch for the train ride.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    3 grams of pink kush!

See u in italia.
  • Options
    Sure, I'll meet up before we train to Arnhem. I would like to leave either in the late morning or early afternoon. The Doors is a fine meeting place. I'll probably bring something along from The Gray Area. Maybe we should bring beer and lunch for the train ride.

Is it cool to bring beer in the trains? That sounds like good idea. Is there any coffee shops / pubs in Arnhem near the Gelredome, within walking distance.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Corp wrote:
    Is it cool to bring beer in the trains? That sounds like good idea. Is there any coffee shops / pubs in Arnhem near the Gelredome, within walking distance.
    Yes and no
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    The Doors is a coffee shop? My girlfriend and I are flying to Amsterdam on Friday morning (three days!!)... would definitely be up for meeting some more PJ people somewhere
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    Schmakt wrote:
    The Doors is a coffee shop? My girlfriend and I are flying to Amsterdam on Friday morning (three days!!)... would definitely be up for meeting some more PJ people somewhere

I'm arriving from the states on Saturday the 26th in the early afternoon. I'll hit you up with a message.

I've been doing some research for my travels, I'll share some with you.
  • Options
    i'll be in dam on monday. looking to travel to arnhem on sometime tuesday.
  • Options
    Schmakt wrote:

Yeah The Doors is a coffee shop check out http://www.coffeeshopthedoors.com.

We need to find out how many people are up for meeting up because the doors is kinda small. Pink Floyd is just down the street and it is alot bigger so we could meet there, if there is a big crowd.

Anyone know the best time to leave for Arnhem? Is there anywhere near the Gelredome we could go sit and have a few smokes and drinks, any parks or anything like that?
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    Yes and no

I plan to pour my beer into an opaque cup and put my beer cans in my bag. Any issues I should know?
  • Options
    they dont mind u drinking as long as your drunk or being a bitch. then they'll get the cops! ;)
  • Options
    Corp wrote:
    Yeah The Doors is a coffee shop check out http://www.coffeeshopthedoors.com.

We need to find out how many people are up for meeting up because the doors is kinda small. Pink Floyd is just down the street and it is alot bigger so we could meet there, if there is a big crowd.

Anyone know the best time to leave for Arnhem? Is there anywhere near the Gelredome we could go sit and have a few smokes and drinks, any parks or anything like that?

The 10 Club tickets are distributed at 2:30 pm and doors open at 5:15 pm. I would like to arrive in Arnhem in the early afternoon. If possible, I would like to rent a bike and go to the Kroller-Muller Museum to check out the art sculptures and maybe even go inside to see the Piscassos, Van Goghs, etc...it has the 2nd biggest Van Gogh collection in the world (Van Gogh museum is the biggest). Then, return to the venue before 5:15 so I can get when doors open.

If this is a bit ambitious, then maybe I wait until the next morning to see the Kroller-Muller and pre-party instead.
  • Options
    no2codeno2code Posts: 2
    Me and 2 of my brothers are going to arnhem .. would be cool meeting some pj fans before the concert .....we are flying to amsterdam 23. agust
    anybody else that will be there early
  • Options
    Hi,
    Arnhem is my hometown. So If you have any questions.... please ask!
    I would, by the way, recommend to go by bus, from Arnhem station. There are special (free) event busses, that travel from the station to the gelredome and back.
    If you really want to walk; it's probably about twenty minutes walking (if you walk the right way...) (it's three minutes by bus..)

Life comes from within your heart and desire
  • Options
    Hi,
    I would, by the way, recommend to go by bus, from Arnhem station. There are special (free) event busses, that travel from the station to the gelredome and back.
    If you really want to walk; it's probably about twenty minutes walking (if you walk the right way...) (it's three minutes by bus..)

Life comes from within your heart and desire

Monkeygirl,
    I have a few questions, if you don't mind. Which station (Apeldoorn or Ede/Wageningen) for the bus to the Gelredome? How long is the bus ride from one of those stations to the Kroller Muller Museum? I've heard the museum is very nice.
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    I plan to pour my beer into an opaque cup and put my beer cans in my bag. Any issues I should know?
    For the train ride? Nope, thats fine. No cans etc allowed in the venue tho.
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    julischjulisch Posts: 34
    Hi,

hi,
    i'm also coming to arnhem but from den bosch (visiting relatives, but i'm not dutch), do you know whether there are direct trains, and how am i gonna get back there? i hear trains leave to amsterdam as late as 1 am, but what about den bosch?
    and anyone know what can be brought inside the venue?
    thanx
    j.
    -
    "And I listen for the voice inside my head. Nothing. I'll do this one myself."
  • Options
    Anyone know if you can smoke while watching the gig?
  • Options
    ShayShay Posts: 12
    I have never been to Holland before so I’m treating this as a little adventure. Heh, so I decided to get there a day early. I will arrive at Amsterdam at about 10:00AM on the 28th so I guess I'll do a little site-seeing drink a few beers and try to find a cheap B&B for the night.

Then I'll probably drink a few more beers on the 29th (My Birthday!) and head off to Arnhem to the best Birthday party a guy could ever wish for!

Can't wait!
    The wicked ruled his world.
  • Options
    What's the meeting place for the trip from Amsterdam to Arnhem? Do we just want to meet at Pink Floyd around 11:30 am on the morning of the show... Have a smoke, then grab some beer and food for the train ride to Arnhem? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    What's the meeting place for the trip from Amsterdam to Arnhem? Do we just want to meet at Pink Floyd around 11:30 am on the morning of the show... Have a smoke, then grab some beer and food for the train ride to Arnhem? Any thoughts?

Sounds like a plan, there is a little shop near the pink floyd that sells beer and spirts so we could call in there on the way to the train station. I'll try and be there for 11:30 but might be a bit later. We should meet on third floor of pink floyd nice big open area, what you think?
  • Options
    ShayShay Posts: 12
    Corp wrote:
    Sounds like a plan, there is a little shop near the pink floyd that sells beer and spirts so we could call in there on the way to the train station. I'll try and be there for 11:30 but might be a bit later. We should meet on third floor of pink floyd nice big open area, what you think?

Sounds good, though I don't know where this Pink Floyd is. To be honest I don't know where anything is in Amsterdam.

Actually, could you tell me where exactly to head to once I get to Amsterdam? Obviously, I'll pick up a guide/map, but where should I go from there? Once I know that I can just follow the crowd, right.
    The wicked ruled his world.
  • Options
    Shay wrote:
    Sounds good, though I don't know where this Pink Floyd is. To be honest I don't know where anything is in Amsterdam.

Actually, could you tell me where exactly to head to once I get to Amsterdam? Obviously, I'll pick up a guide/map, but where should I go from there? Once I know that I can just follow the crowd, right.

Easy enough to find from central station, the pinkfloyd website gives good directions http://www.pinkfloyd.nl If you coming from central station head right when you come out down the bigass street called Prins Hendrikkade you sholud go past the apple mac shop keep going past RastaBaby coffee shop when you are there you should see the Doors coffee shop pink floyd is down Haarlemmer Strrat if you go past Picasso your on the right track.

I think that is about right, is there anyone from Amsterdam who would be able to confirm? I am just recalling from memory sorry if the spelling of the streets is wrong.
  • Options
    Shay what colour do you wear in Merseyside Red or Blue??
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    daanarts wrote:
    there is no problem if u want to travel by train. there is a direct train.i just checked the dutch train site.
    from the Dam u can walk it (les then 5 minutes) to the station in amsterdam.
    from the arnhem station u can take bus 7 to the venue or maybe there are extra busses.

the last train back to amsterdam is 00.53. its an extra train which u will not find in train schedules at station but it runs because of the concert

I agree it is very easy to get from Amsterdam to Arnhem.

I have one question though, and I hope you see this before the gig. How did you find out about the extra trains? And do you know if the same service is arranged for Rotterdam. My friend looked today and came up with the last train at 23:00, like you said that was the regular scadule. I hope you or anyone else can help thank you.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    i dont think there are any extra trains to rotterdam. the train that goes at 0.53 goes to utrecht and then amsterdam. to go to rotterdam the usual way is to change train in utrecht. it doesnt say anything about that.
    the last scheduled train to rotterdam leaves arnhem at 0.12.

but now i checked it again and i think u can take the "nachtnet"train. thats a train that goes once an hour at night. that train goes from utrecht to rotterdam (via amsterdam, so takes a very long time, but u'll get there eventually) .
  • Options
    I agree it is very easy to get from Amsterdam to Arnhem.

I have one question though, and I hope you see this before the gig. How did you find out about the extra trains? And do you know if the same service is arranged for Rotterdam. My friend looked today and came up with the last train at 23:00, like you said that was the regular scadule. I hope you or anyone else can help thank you.

here is the link with the official information about the extra trains to Amsterdam... http://www.ns.nl/servlet/Satellite?cid=1155819800376&pagename=www.ns.nl%2FArtikel%2FOverig_www.ns.nl&p=1074152915031&c=Artikel there will no direct extra trains go to Rotterdam... however.... between Amsterdam and Rotterdam there are all night going trains from Amsterdam to Rotterdam one every hour... so once you are in Amsterdam you will definetely be able to go to Rotterdam no matter what time.. ( you might have to wait one hour if you just missed it..).. the announcement also says that there will be "event busses" from the Arnhem station to the Gelredome and a two way ticket is 2 Euro.

By the way if somebody is interested in going to a cool and relaxed coffee shop near the Dam Square.. then you realy should visit the "Nes Cafe".... see http://www.nes-cafe.nl it's a very nice bar/coffeeshop wich I go to every week. You can also play some decent Pool there and the competition is pretty tough.. ;-) .. anyway if you go there and say that "Maarten who just got a son called Jeremy" said you could have a beer on his bill then you will probably get a free beer... if they won't believe you.. just show them this message ( they have free internet as well inside:-)......well anyway if someone shows up there be sure to order your beer from me..:-).. btw monday's they are closed.. just so you know....
    Say what you think, but think before you speak.
  • Options
    Corp wrote:

Yes Bohy,Sounds Good!!!!!!!! lol!!! can't wait for this show, if it's gonna be anything like dublin was!!! bring it on!