Cedrick Wilson
    Nickel
    Josiah Scott
    WR
    CeeDee Lamb
    CB
    Zech McPhearson
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Are they really gonna play Dak? Maybe for a shot at a Divisional Round home game or something? Whatever.

Get ready for the Jalen Reagor show! I know, you can't contain your excitement.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Are they really gonna play Dak? Maybe for a shot at a Divisional Round home game or something? Whatever.

Get ready for the Jalen Reagor show! I know, you can't contain your excitement.
    I mean they can still get the 2 seed right? It's just hilarious that the Eagles are the ones resting more starters in this game. 

Who do you guys want next week? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    TB looks ripe for an upset with all those injuries/meltdowns but you've got the refs and their bogus penalties (and literally never calling anything on Gronk) and of course the Brady factor. But that sounds like the most fun at least. Of course we'll get that jerk Collinsworth in all likelihood, slobbering all over Brady for 3+ hours. Ugh.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah gimme the Bucs. I saw something where, who knows, maybe the Birds go all the way due to every team they play is crushed by Covid infections lol
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I'd say the the Rams. You want the worst QB against this defense and Stafford is the worst one of the possibilities. Although if you do play Dallas if they get behind the Cowboys choke factor is definitely in play.  Also it's possible LA would have no fans?  Not sure what the rules are but flipped on UCLA bball game last night and looked like no fans there.  Maybe that is just a PAC-12 or UCLA thing but I know they are talking about moving the Super Bowl out of LA because of the restrictions.  Don't want any part of Brady even if they are ripe for an upset.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    while the game sucked I agree with not playing the starters, especially the offensive line. no need to play those guys.  I thought Dallas was dumb for playing Dak and their starters as long as they did.  What good came of that?

and I know I am going to get killed for this next comment from you guys here but...I didn't like Kelce playing 1 play to keep the streak alive. I think it cheapens the streak. Either play a whole series or not at all.  And yes Kelce deserves all the accolades in the world but to me that 1 play didn't sit right.  so go ahead...

and I hope the Birds don't get the Monday night playoff game. Would suck to have that game.   

Carson doing everything he can to help us out today...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:
    while the game sucked I agree with not playing the starters, especially the offensive line. no need to play those guys.  I thought Dallas was dumb for playing Dak and their starters as long as they did.  What good came of that?

and I know I am going to get killed for this next comment from you guys here but...I didn't like Kelce playing 1 play to keep the streak alive. I think it cheapens the streak. Either play a whole series or not at all.  And yes Kelce deserves all the accolades in the world but to me that 1 play didn't sit right.  so go ahead...

and I hope the Birds don't get the Monday night playoff game. Would suck to have that game.   

I understand where you're coming from but a Series may have been 2 more plays? Plus, why risk injury in a glorified exhibiton game?

I don't understand why Dalass played their Starters for that long either. Why risk injury?

......MUAHAHAHAHA
    edited January 2022
    Good ol’ Carson coming through in the clutch yet again. Shocking. Colts are now eliminated. 

So we give them our quarterback in exchange for their first round pick. Then we end up making the playoffs and they don’t. 

Advantage: Good Guys. So glad we don’t have to deal with that turd anymore. You’re next, Ben Simmons. 
    GO BIRDS
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

I understand where you're coming from but a Series may have been 2 more plays? Plus, why risk injury in a glorified exhibiton game?

I don't understand why Dalass played their Starters for that long either. Why risk injury?
    it’s called momentum, boys. that said, my cowboys need to convince me, also, that they won’t choke as usual. mike mccarthy doesn’t inspire much confidence.

as far as streaks, they should progress organically. cal ripken’s streak < gehrig’s.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I sold us short 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    to quote the juggler:

GO BIRDS
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    to quote the juggler:

GO BIRDS
    That is the standard Friday afternoon co-worker signoff around here, when leaving the office/signing off the last Teams call. And of course you started your office Friday with someone bringing in a big brown bag of hot soft pretzels.

Wobbie said:
    to quote the juggler:

GO BIRDS
    That is the standard Friday afternoon co-worker signoff around here, when leaving the office/signing off the last Teams call. And of course you started your office Friday with someone bringing in a big brown bag of hot soft pretzels.
    I love saying it and hearing from strangers. It's the best. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    So Howie traded Carson for a) cap relief b) 15th pick in the draft c) 3rd round pick that helped turn into Devonta. Yeah, that's pretty fucking good.

Depending on how this playoff game shakes out I think you're committing to Jalen going forward right? Especially given the discount on salary dollars you get out of the move. No reason to go get a higher tiered QB (draft or FA; ok maybe in the draft late). Use those and the Carson Savings to go get a legit WR to team up with Smith/Watkins/Goeddert, an O-lineman, and something to complement the D. Plus those draft picks, and things are looking pretty, pretty, pretty, pretttttttyyyy promising for next year.
    Man it was fun watching Wentz choke away the Colts' season yesterday. It's so hard to remember how good he was in 2017. Do we really think he would've won 3 playoff games?

Man it was fun watching Wentz choke away the Colts' season yesterday. It's so hard to remember how good he was in 2017. Do we really think he would've won 3 playoff games?
    Funny to think that after the first quarter on Sunday Jalen will already have more playoff experience than him. I wonder if the Colts take a qb early in the draft...

Yeah, we are certainly set up pretty well moving forward at this point. This year has been a success, no doubt. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hurts can certainly frustrate at times and is still figuring out the pocket passer thing but I'd be okay with riding with him another season. He's a good team guy and seems capable of growth. Plus we aren't getting a top-notch QB with these draft picks.

Now let's hope Howie doesn't get cute with these picks.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    DL, LB, CB
    Or
    DL, DL, LB

Something like that.  You guys are set up to really make an impact from shitting out Prince Harry.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Haha, this team will never prioritize LB.

Seem like the draft class is heavy with D line guys early along with WR and CB? Not much of a draft guy but from all the mocks I've seen, and following Dane Brugler, at least that's what it looks like. But to the point about Howie getting cute - yeah, I really don't see the need of trading up or anything like that - if anything, dare I say it, trade down (even though I think it's just best to stay where they are unless they bowled over in an offer). Just draft best available and don't go for fit/need. Just beef up this team with depth.

Figure Kelce retires no later than after next year, so need either a C or G depending on where they play Dickerson; have to start having a plan for replacing Lane at some point. Mailata paying off is so huge.

It is wild how much of a 180, then another 180, view of this team I've take within four years.
    Yeah, just make picks - get the best players that are at 1st-round worthy positions - linemen, CB's, WR's, all that jazz - KISS. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Hey, we got a playoff game coming up - we don't even need to talk draft!

It was fun to watch Georgia beat Alabama - ridiculous "Tide" fans crying in the stands. FFS your team hogs up basically half the national championships. Who can even keep count? I was fairly annoyed the QB's name is Stetson. But he seems like a nice guy I guess, and played well. Pretty much the most college football I watched all season.

Haha, true. I should try being pumped for this week. I'll probably be happy with any outcome outside of getting absolutely smoked.

Who knows - maybe they ride this Covid wave all the way to a title (fingers crossed) 'cause I'll take it!
    I could hardly care less about that game last night. Every year its the same fucking thing. Forget the playoffs. They might as well not even have a regular college football season. Just put the two best SEC teams in a September championship (maybe toss in Clemson every few years for good measure) and save us all the time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I could hardly care less about that game last night. Every year its the same fucking thing. Forget the playoffs. They might as well not even have a regular college football season. Just put the two best SEC teams in a September championship (maybe toss in Clemson every few years for good measure) and save us all the time. 
    Yeah I get all that, totally true. I just felt like watching football. Root for the overdue team. I can empathize with that.

Dr. Pepper ads. When was the last time you saw a bunch of grown-ups standing around drinking soda? Like 1988?

edited January 2022
    I'll tell you this much, though, if I'm gonna be drinking soda (which is hardly ever anymore) you're god damn right I'll be drinking me some Diet Dr Pepper. It actually does taste pretty close to the real thing. 

But yeah, who drinks fucking soda nowadays? Water, V8, beer and wine are pretty much the only liquids I consume. lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Your super bowl winning coach is interviewing for the bears job…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I'll tell you this much, though, if I'm gonna be drinking soda (which is hardly ever anymore) you're god damn right I'll be drinking me some Diet Dr Pepper. It actually does taste pretty close to the real thing. 

But yeah, who drinks fucking soda nowadays? Water, V8, beer and wine are pretty much the only liquids I consume. lol
    Just from observation when walking dog on recycling night is that pretty much everybody drinks pop…with coke and Pepsi being the over whelming winners…just a personal observation.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I only have soda in my house for my mom and dad when they come over. Water, coffee, beer, wine, whiskey.