Smashing Pumpkins

Comments

• Oh, sorry, the third archive release will be announced soon. V# is reserved for PJ discussions! Haha! How are you lately @tempo_n_groove
    Good Chris.  Case of laryngitis, still healthy.

You?

So a third archive?  They only have so may albums or are they digging out stuff from concerts?  I'd love to get a live album w Silverfuck on it.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Oh, sorry, the third archive release will be announced soon. V# is reserved for PJ discussions! Haha! How are you lately @tempo_n_groove

You?

So a third archive?  They only have so may albums or are they digging out stuff from concerts?  I'd love to get a live album w Silverfuck on it.
    I think volume 1 has that tune.  
  • Oh, sorry, the third archive release will be announced soon. V# is reserved for PJ discussions! Haha! How are you lately @tempo_n_groove

You?

I think volume 1 has that tune.  
    Well shit...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Oh, sorry, the third archive release will be announced soon. V# is reserved for PJ discussions! Haha! How are you lately @tempo_n_groove

You?

Pretty sure it does. Also Drown. Sorry to hear that Chris! I hope you're on the mend. Doing pretty well all considered! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 782

You?

Didn't Earphoria have Silverfuck live on it?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:

You?

Yes sir
  • JT167846 said:

You?

I swear that one is on video too?  That wasn't ever on wax though.  If any of these new ones coming out does I may pay the clams for a copy.

Pretty much Silverfuck and Bodies are my two favorite songs from them.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    edited January 2022
    An Earphoria vinyl would be amazing!!  I remember being pretty stoked when they finally gave it a proper cd release in the early 2000s.   Love the acoustic Mayonnaise on it :)

edit:  Tomorrow also marks 24 years since I last saw a Pumpkins show.   I think I could go for another.  Missed the last one in Seattle because all the bands decided touring at the end of the summer at the same time was a good idea.  Had to pick and choose :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited January 2022
    Zod said:

edit:  Tomorrow also marks 24 years since I last saw a Pumpkins show.   I think I could go for another.  Missed the last one in Seattle because all the bands decided touring at the end of the summer at the same time was a good idea.  Had to pick and choose :(
    That puts it 1998. The same year (it was either 97 or 98)I missed my chance to see them.  I had a high school basketball game in the same city, on the same night they were playing.  The student section consisted of about 5 people with a sign that said “we love you more than the smashing pumpkins”. 😂

where I’m from we literally never get any live concerts of any note either 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Zod said:

Saw 2 of the 2018 shows and they were fantastic.
    3+ hours, like 31 songs. Corgan seemed really engaged and into it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Zod said:

That puts it 1998. The same year (it was either 97 or 98)I missed my chance to see them.  I had a high school basketball game in the same city, on the same night they were playing.  The student section consisted of about 5 people with a sign that said “we love you more than the smashing pumpkins”. 😂

That means my math was bad.   It's going to be 25 years since I've seen them.  I forgot it was 2022.. Where did the years go? The last show I saw was Vancouver '97 at GM Place.  So long ago.   That was before I'd even seen pearl jam doing a headlining gig.
    Saw them at the Fox Theater in St.Louis is 2008 and before that, 1996 when they had the drummer from Filter. Great shows! They closed the 1996 show with Silverfuck. Completely epic closer. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Zod said:
    Zod said:

That means my math was bad.   It's going to be 25 years since I've seen them.  I forgot it was 2022.. Where did the years go? The last show I saw was Vancouver '97 at GM Place.  So long ago.   That was before I'd even seen pearl jam doing a headlining gig.
    That was the tour then. Billings Montana was Jan 10, 1997 (had to look it up). Had to be the same leg, as it’s within a few days of one another. I’m still pissed I missed it 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    My viper room shipped before the new year but Im in the UK so will take a while yet. Tracking went quiet. For $50 shipping this thing better be packed well. Not overly thrilled by the photos Ive seen. For the money I would have expected more elaborate packaging. I also ordered the Japan one. Honestly think these are far too expensive. I will have to weigh it up whether I buy any more.
    Theres people moaning on instagram and stuff about resellers asking $250 etc for these. Honestly by the time I pay import charges Im not going to be far off that myself buying straight from Zuzus.

Dont grudge anyone reselling these, a lot are probably only doing to bring down the cost of their own copy or to pay for another absurdly over priced LP.
    edited January 2022
    FR181798 said:
    Theres people moaning on instagram and stuff about resellers asking $250 etc for these. Honestly by the time I pay import charges Im not going to be far off that myself buying straight from Zuzus.

Dont grudge anyone reselling these, a lot are probably only doing to bring down the cost of their own copy or to pay for another absurdly over priced LP.
    Non autographed can be had for 150, all things considered it’s pretty reasonable. Once people actually hear it, it’s probably going way up.  It sounds fantastic.  This is a keeper once the initial wave of reselling passes. 

I still think not a lot even know it exists at this point. 
    edited January 2022
    I’ll track down a copy.  My Pumpkin fandom always comes and goes lol.  Maybe my favorite band from 94-97.   Since then I go through a Pumpkins phase once a year.  I just didn’t want to order it a few months ago.  Oops.  
    FR181798 said:

Non autographed can be had for 150, all things considered it’s pretty reasonable. Once people actually hear it, it’s probably going way up.  It sounds fantastic.  This is a keeper once the initial wave of reselling passes. 

I had no interest in getting an autographed one but by the time I got online that was all that was left. If I recall on Vault1 Japan, it was up for 24hrs, 1 edition and so there was no reason not to order as many as you wanted, my impression was that it was going to be pressed to order. Vault 2 Viper Room seemed more limited with set numbers of non autographed which sold out quick.

I find PJs Vault releases ok priced since I live in the UK and reasonably spaced between releases. Im just about done with Third Man Vault releases, less and less are interesting me. No matter how good these Pumpkins release sound, price wise Im struggling with parting with the cash.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    These are getting a wider press on black a little later in the year.

edited January 2022
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:

I had no interest in getting an autographed one but by the time I got online that was all that was left. If I recall on Vault1 Japan, it was up for 24hrs, 1 edition and so there was no reason not to order as many as you wanted, my impression was that it was going to be pressed to order. Vault 2 Viper Room seemed more limited with set numbers of non autographed which sold out quick.

I find PJs Vault releases ok priced since I live in the UK and reasonably spaced between releases. Im just about done with Third Man Vault releases, less and less are interesting me. No matter how good these Pumpkins release sound, price wise Im struggling with parting with the cash.

To me at 75 bucks retail, the packaging is pretty bad.
    it’s a special release and it comes in a lightweight cardboard sleeve for two records. 

It’s more justifiable in a heavy weight cardboard  gatefold or something.  At least when it’s presented better you feel better about spending the money (PJ vaults).

that’s my only complaint though.
    Any word on Machina?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Billy said its in the labels hands. Last he heard its in the cards for this year.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I’ll track down a copy.  My Pumpkin fandom always comes and goes lol.  Maybe my favorite band from 94-97.   Since then I go through a Pumpkins phase once a year.  I just didn’t want to order it a few months ago.  Oops.  
    That's interesting. I'm in the exact same boat with my fandom. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

So they say, my thought on that is Smashing Pumpkins plans change a lot. Possible it might never happen so I thought best option was just to go for it.

Should have just done black from the get go and done something more elaborate with the packaging. Too many variants these days, they say its one of the reasons for the time its taking to press records. 
    Billy said its in the labels hands. Last he heard its in the cards for this year.

Thanks.  Hope we see it.  Love that album
    Incredible archive release! So worth the wait! James set is also awesome! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Incredible archive release! So worth the wait! James set is also awesome! 
    Yeah everyone is giving it a lot of praise. Looking forward to it even if I am grudging the cost a bit. I guess no one forced me to buy it.
  • Incredible archive release! So worth the wait! James set is also awesome! 
    Did you think his volume was way low? Changing from James to Billy and it gets loud. Kind of reminds me of a concert where the opening act isn’t played at full volume. 

His set was killer though 
  • I’ll track down a copy.  My Pumpkin fandom always comes and goes lol.  Maybe my favorite band from 94-97.   Since then I go through a Pumpkins phase once a year.  I just didn’t want to order it a few months ago.  Oops.  
    That's interesting. I'm in the exact same boat with my fandom. 
    Exact same.

really?  I thought these were put out as, available one day only kind of things.   If i'd known they were going to retail I would of waited and not paid a mint for them (see as how both the records and shipping was really expensive).