what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited November 2021
    BLACK35 said:
    It's a frickin miracle as I've finally had my fence panels and posts replaced properly once a for all and for good, I hope. I'd be very surprised if anything from a gust of wind to storm whatsitscalled is gonna take this badass fence down. Thank you fence panel gods xxx

That's awesome, I'm kind of going thru the same thing, been a year now. Almost came down a month ago, I have it braced for the moment. Most likely be spring now before repairs happen due to the ground starting to freeze. I cringe every time we get high winds, I just have to block out what is going on outside or it bothers the shit out if me
    Well, it had been like that for a realky long time. We now have privacy. They also sorted out the garden. @Fifthelement i hope not, trust me they're full proof!
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    Can I be done now?
    Can I get in on this?

My mom is driving about an hour tomorrow to my sister’s. She asked, “Have you seen the news? It’s all over the place. There’s supposed to be this thing tomorrow: Thanksgiving Traffic.”

Oh mom. On the one hand, I’ve gotta cut her a break; she’ll be 90 next month. On the other, terrifying hand, SHE’LL BE DRIVING. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    My nephew experiencing homelessness on my couch downstairs. His dad, my brother, died while experiencing homelessness. I'm glad I made it out. But sad I can't help him.

Gotta show him the address to a (likely full) shelter since the 'free' recovery house beds didn't become available in the last week while I bust my ass detoxing him n getting him to meetings.

Happy happy Joy joy

tish said:
    My nephew experiencing homelessness on my couch downstairs. His dad, my brother, died while experiencing homelessness. I'm glad I made it out. But sad I can't help him.

Gotta show him the address to a (likely full) shelter since the 'free' recovery house beds didn't become available in the last week while I bust my ass detoxing him n getting him to meetings.

Happy happy Joy joy

So sad. I wish him well. And fantastic that you got your situation righted. 
    Thank you for your kind words and support, Hedonist. One of my two sisters that are doing well will take a turn and shelter him next... glad not to kick him to the curb.

• tish said:
    Thank you for your kind words and support, Hedonist. One of my two sisters that are doing well will take a turn and shelter him next... glad not to kick him to the curb.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to help him. Sending you love and hugs xxx
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    tish said:

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to help him. Sending you love and hugs xxx
    I echo WCD sentiments and will add, that I hope your nephew recovers and finds peace. (((Hugs)))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    tish said:

Happy happy Joy joy

That is a really great thing you are doing for your nephew. I am rooting for him. He is very lucky to have you. I am really sorry about the loss of your brother. 
  • Death. 
    We are never  ready!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2021
    How awesome my director at work is. He just surprised everyone in the office with the gift of new Airpods Pros. It was like Santa came early! And fwiw, the noise cancelling on these things is absolutely amazing. I'm really surprised that buds can actually work this well for noise cancelling.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    How awesome my director at work is. He just surprised everyone in the office with the gift of new Airpods Pros. It was like Santa came early! And fwiw, the noise cancelling on these things is absolutely amazing. I'm really surprised that buds can actually work this well for noise cancelling.
    my director wouldn't even buy us lunch. 

#accountants
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Home sweet home..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Saturday, buzzed, watching the husband play Riders of the Republic. This evening with close family for the last night of Hanukkah. 

Pretty nice day :)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Advance New Year Wishes 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    1/1/22, 12:33 AM  This place is like a ghost town! 
    But hey, Happy New Year!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

going to be a long winter with this cold, omicron and possible remote learning again for the kids, and no booze. haha. should be interesting. gotta keep myself occupied with streaming and guitar and some indoor exercise. maybe some online courses too. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

^pro parenting tip: if being home with the kids outside of regular school days is a pain, have them catch covid and isolate this week, so they don't catch it later when school is back up. Hehe.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

That’s easy for YOU to say.

I have the lyrics to Puscifer‘s Grand Canyon in my brain this morning. 

“One among infinity, calm in this humility, hope as far as one can see, witnessing the majesty…standing on the edge of forever.”
    hedonist said:
    23scidoo said:

That’s easy for YOU to say.

I have the lyrics to Puscifer‘s Grand Canyon in my brain this morning. 

“One among infinity, calm in this humility, hope as far as one can see, witnessing the majesty…standing on the edge of forever.”
    Not EASY at all, trust me..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

just got a text from an old friend that another old friend passed in his sleep last night....likely stroke or aneurysm or something of the like. so sad. he was such a vibrant, life loving soul. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• just got a text from an old friend that another old friend passed in his sleep last night....likely stroke or aneurysm or something of the like. so sad. he was such a vibrant, life loving soul. 
    Sorry for your loss.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    just got a text from an old friend that another old friend passed in his sleep last night....likely stroke or aneurysm or something of the like. so sad. he was such a vibrant, life loving soul. 
    Sorry for your loss.
    thanks dude. hope you are recovering well. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• just got a text from an old friend that another old friend passed in his sleep last night....likely stroke or aneurysm or something of the like. so sad. he was such a vibrant, life loving soul. 
    Sorry for your loss.
    thanks dude. hope you are recovering well. 
    How old was your friend?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    just turned 48 a few weeks ago
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I am very sorry for your loss. 
    GlowGirl said:
    I am very sorry for your loss. 
    thanks GG. it's really a weird feeling. I mean, the friend that texted me is an old friend that I haven't seen in years (but we chat online), the friend that passed is someone I hadn't seen since I surprised him on his birthday 7 years ago (but we talked online here and there). But I still feel incredibly sad. I feel kind of guilty for feeling this upset about it. Not sure why. 

Maybe the shock, since you expect this from the unhealthy and the "sad". He was one of the happiest people I know who loved life, and not just "online happy". actually happy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD