Options

I made something for Eddie...

Skinny Sweaty DudeSkinny Sweaty Dude Posts: 52
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I've just finished painting a ukelele, I've given it the same paint job that ed's SG had on the 03' tour. Its all light blue and in the middle it has the mod logo!

Any way of giving it to him?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I believe that the ten club has a mailing address on the site somewhere.

You could send it there, and let the powers that be pass it along. :)
  • Options
    Hmmm...I was thinking something a little more direct....

I'm Going to the milan gig on sunday, I could try to get as close to the stage as possible and wave it around.....
  • Options
    Hmmm...I was thinking something a little more direct....

I'm Going to the milan gig on sunday, I could try to get as close to the stage as possible and wave it around.....

Put a bit red bow on it, with a sign on it "For Eddie" or something, I am sure if you get within eyesight, someone will get it to them for you.

Or, if you're real lucky, maybe you'll get to deliver it yourself :) Have fun at the show!!
  • Options
    really? do you think its possible?????!!!

I think I would Die!

I have 10c tickets, and Im planning on getting there really early...
    I hope I have a shot at doing it, Its gonna be my first pearl jam show ever and I only have 10c tickets from that show, It would be a dream come true....

thanks! :)
  • Options

I think I would Die!

I hope I have a shot at doing it, Its gonna be my first pearl jam show ever and I only have 10c tickets from that show, It would be a dream come true....

How neat! You are going to love them live! I missed them this tour, really bummed about it too. Nice to hear that some folks are getting to see them for the first time. You are in for a treat.

Yes, I think you would have a chance at atleast getting it passed over to Eddie, if you are able to get fairly close to the front. A bow, and a sign would help them to be able to see you from the stage.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how things went.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    That sounds like a great plan, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck - the one caveat I have is...will security let you bring in a uke? In the Totalitarian home I call Toronto, I couldn't count on getting a freakin' poster tube in on any given night. Would hate to see you have to risk checking your uke dude.
  • Options
    Good luck and keep us posted! I hope you get to give it to him! Then maybe he'll bring it on stage and play it in Hawaii!!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    Yeah Its my first gig, but I've been listening to Mother love bone since I was born and Pearl jam since I was about 4! they grew me up...Damn, I really hope I can get in, Ive put alot of time into doing this, I really hope I can give it to him....Thanks guys! Don't usually get such good treatment (being a newbie and all) :)
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    Good luck and keep us posted! I hope you get to give it to him! Then maybe he'll bring it on stage and play it in Hawaii!!
    Yeah! Imagine If he plays soon forget!

I'm building my castles too high...*calm down, calm down*

Ahah!! only TWO days left!!!!!! Yipeee!
  • Options
    oh well...I'm going to bed (got school tomorrow) I'll Post a photo of it tomorrow! Goodnight and farewell to everyone!
  • Options
    thats extremely cool. hope he gets it!
  • Options
    We are all pulling for you! Best of luck, and hey, if you can't bring the uke in, you can always walk it back to your car, and include a nice note when you mailed it to the ten club.

Man, I feel so spoiled to have been able to see PJ play several times throughout my adult life, but I have to admit, I'd love to be able to see them for the first time again. Nothing quite like it :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    I've just finished painting a ukelele, I've given it the same paint job that ed's SG had on the 03' tour. Its all light blue and in the middle it has the mod logo!

give it early. it'll get crushed by the moshers.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    that uke sounds way cool, best of luck to you, hope you can get it to ed in person! :)
  • Options
    Wow, that sounds awesome! I sincerely hope you get it to him! Hopefully you're sorrounded by helpful fans.

Make sure to tell us if you managed or not. Best of luck. :)
    Exponentially serving. Perpetually unnerving. Vehicle swerving.

- explore and not explode -
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    lots of luck :D like everyone says get close to the front , it should all happen , they are good at accepting gifts and Please let us know how it all ended :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

I think I would Die!

Go for it! With 10c tickets, you can get front row (or close enough!). I'm sure you'll get it to Eddie!

Let us know and can't wait to see the pic!
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720

Great idea!

You shouldn't have a problem going past security in Milan - at least, that's why I have heard. So you could fit the uke in your backpack and showing to the carabinieri/security if they ask you about it. Don't wrap it though. So that it is easily visible as being a musical instrument!

Also, go to the Forum early enough so that you can secure first row. In any case, I am sure the other 10c people will help you pass the uke to Eddie once inside.

Look forward to it happening on Sunday!!

In bocca al lupo! :)
  • Options
    Lots and lots and lots and lots of luck!!!!! :) Hope ya get it to him. You shouldn't have a problem gettin close to the front with 10c tix. Let us know how ya get on and enjoy the gig.
    I saw them for the first time in Dublin and its just amazing to finally see them live. I was convinced I was dreaming when I got up the mornin after, its such an unbelievable buzz....
    :D
    ~In a dublin dreamworld........~
  • Options
    lgt wrote:

Also, go to the Forum early enough so that you can secure first row. In any case, I am sure the other 10c people will help you pass the uke to Eddie once inside.

Enlist the help of the ETB guys! There's a whole group of them with the same T-shirt and they're ALWAYS front row!! Also, the band have gotten used to seeing them as the have been to all the shows. Stick close to them!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Enlist the help of the ETB guys! There's a whole group of them with the same T-shirt and they're ALWAYS front row!! Also, the band have gotten used to seeing them as the have been to all the shows. Stick close to them!

Good suggestion!

Edited to add link to their thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=187920
  • Options
    I've text HH who's on her way to Verona about it asking her to spread the word around, especially to the ETB guys. Skinny will get it to Eddie, one way or the other!!!
  • Options
    that's such a nice thought... can't wait to see it in Ed's arms in the kerensa pictures. keep us updated!
  • Options
    Yeah buddy you'll have no problem with a cool gift like that. Ed is interested in cool, original things. Someone gave him a book of some sort in Barcelona (or was in Antwerp?) at the end of the gig and he took it away.

Just look out for the 2 Scots in kilts, we'll help you...and the band have come to know us too!

We have something (more of a joke) for him for Berlin. See ya in milan dude, remember....2 Scottish guys wearing kilts....shout us if you see us.
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    We have something (more of a joke) for him for Berlin.

PLEASE throw him a kilk during the 1st encore so he wears it durin the second one!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    PLEASE throw him a kilk during the 1st encore so he wears it durin the second one!!! :D:D:D

HAA HAA HAA!! :D

Then we will have something to write home about!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Wow! I can't believe all this support! You guys are amazing! this BBS is amazing! This BAND is amazing!

here are some photos, I hope they work.

Its still not finished though, I've still gotta put the clear coat on, and the strings obviously...

c83fre2.jpg?phYrqCFBBYWO3iI4

409ere2.jpg?phA7qCFBDOyvMF7R

I know its not that great quality but you get the idea...The Light blue and white I did with spray cans, the red and blue I painted by hand and eye.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Nice :)

Definately look out for the ETB crew (their t-shirts are navy blue with orange artwork) and the guys in kilts and they should be able to help you out.

Also some 10c staff sometimes walk up and down the 10c queue pre the gig so you may be able to mention it to them. Although it may mean they take it to hand to Ed rather than you getting to hand it over directly/getting to see it handed over.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Wow! I can't believe all this support! You guys are amazing! this BBS is amazing! This BAND is amazing!

here are some photos, I hope they work.

Its still not finished though, I've still gotta put the clear coat on, and the strings obviously...

c83fre2.jpg?phYrqCFBBYWO3iI4

409ere2.jpg?phA7qCFBDOyvMF7R

I know its not that great quality but you get the idea...The Light blue and white I did with spray cans, the red and blue I painted by hand and eye.

Sweet :D:D:D I'm sure Eddie will appreciate!
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Also some 10c staff sometimes walk up and down the 10c queue pre the gig so you may be able to mention it to them. Although it may mean they take it to hand to Ed rather than you getting to hand it over directly/getting to see it handed over.

Or... they might just say: 'how nice of you... follow me and I'll take you to Eddie so you can give it to him personnally.' :D:D