Options

The Vic

DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
What an amazing, beautiful show.

I could complain about a few things that went down, but screw it.....I am way too elated.

Any thoughts from other people there?
I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If you were there, you have nothing to complain about ;)
    RC:SD 06241998//ET:WI 06271998//MP:MN 06301998//AH:MI 10072000//ET:WI 10082000 (ICEBOWL)//CB:IA 06132003//SL:MO 10052004//CHI:IL 05162006//SP:MN 06262006//SP:MN 06272006//CHI:IL 08212008
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    DarbyCrash wrote:
    What an amazing, beautiful show.

I could complain about a few things that went down, but screw it.....I am way to elated.

Any thoughts from other people there?

What in the world is there to complain about? You say an amazing show, in a small venue, with one of the biggest bands in the world for only $75---I guess I don't get it.
  • Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    I said I wasn't going to complain. I just saw on here that some other people said "there were some annoying things" blah blah blah, which I agree, but what do you expect while waiting 12+ hours in 90-something degree heat.

Nothing with the band, more with the crowd.

The show was amazing though. They played Rats, it was hilarious.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    wow

there is a vic fanview thread go post there!
  • Options
    It was totally worth the beer and skoal breath blowing on me all night reminding me of my ex-husband. (VOMIT!) Maybe if I was drinking it would have been less nauseating. Loved the show though.
    twisted thoughts....

www.myspace.com/twistette

"Na-noo Na-noo!"
  • Options
    Hey Guys, wish I could have had tixs last night, they played some of my favs, like Down, Undone & Cord. .. Kinda sux 'cause they won't play these Sunday most likely. Here is a good review ib Billboard Mag. enjoy.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003621169
    Cheers to all the broken hearted.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    It was totally worth the beer and skoal breath blowing on me all night reminding me of my ex-husband. (VOMIT!) Maybe if I was drinking it would have been less nauseating. Loved the show though.
    You mean when my wife complains about my copenhagen breath she's serious? Dam I wish I wasn't easily adicted...or I may be an ex.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    Got to say I wish I could have been there. I could n't believe it when I woke up this morning, logged on and saw that setlist!! It has to be the most unusual setlist they've ever played. :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    You mean when my wife complains about my copenhagen breath she's serious? Dam I wish I wasn't easily adicted...or I may be an ex.

Yeah, when you love the man and he isnt abusing you, Im sure its tolerable.
    twisted thoughts....

"Na-noo Na-noo!"
  • Options
    CornishMan wrote:
    Got to say I wish I could have been there. I could n't believe it when I woke up this morning, logged on and saw that setlist!! It has to be the most unusual setlist they've ever played. :)

Yeah, heard people complaining about this set, but I love to here songs not played in concert all the time.
    Cheers to all the broken hearted.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Yeah, when you love the man and he isnt abusing you, Im sure its tolerable.
    I was just kidding, I'm sure chew in the teeth and on the breath is gross for her (or any woman) and I try not to do it when I'm with her. It's dam hard to quit though! In my defense, she knew I chewed when she seduced me though :)

....and I don't abuse her no. She abuses me.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    poet blue wrote:
    Hey Guys, wish I could have had tixs last night, they played some of my favs, like Down, Undone & Cord. .. Kinda sux 'cause they won't play these Sunday most likely. Here is a good review ib Billboard Mag. enjoy.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003621169

Great review - my favorite part:
    The reason is simple and goes well beyond skill or the band's impressively diverse back catalog: Pearl Jam cares. It's one of the main reasons they built up and maintained one of the most loyal and dedicated fan bases in the world, a mutually reciprocal relationship the group never fails to acknowledge.
  • Options
    I was just kidding, I'm sure chew in the teeth and on the breath is gross for her (or any woman) and I try not to do it when I'm with her. It's dam hard to quit though! In my defense, she knew I chewed when she seduced me though :)

....and I don't abuse her no. She abuses me.

Ahhh well then its okay. :)
    twisted thoughts....

"Na-noo Na-noo!"