Dexter Season 8

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Can’t go wrong with Carradine. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Watched this and laughed at how ridiculous it all is when you recap the series quickly like this.  Loved it.

Look forward to seeing the new season and how they play it.
    https://youtu.be/xZ2dZWu2euc

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I thought the first episode was really solid. 

Also I guess I need to watch that recap as I totally forgot about Hannah. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I thought the first episode was really solid. 

Also I guess I need to watch that recap as I totally forgot about Hannah. lol

I thought it was good, also.
    Was annoyed partway through but liked the overall episode and it scratched the itch.  Look forward to seeing how this all goes beyond the relatively predictable stuff. 
    Time to get Showtime already? These damn streaming services…

That said, my need for new Dexter takes precedence :lol:
    hedonist said:

Did you watch that crazy recap video I shared?
    I think you will laugh at it. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    hedonist said:

I'm going to wait until the season is over, then add it to Hulu so we can binge the whole season. LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    hedonist said:

Did you watch that crazy recap video I shared?
    I think you will laugh at it. 
    Watching that now :lol:
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    hedonist said:

@hedonist We paid for Spotify (love it) and you get the basic Hulu and Showtime included. Even better that we get a student discount since my wife takes classes.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:
    hedonist said:

@hedonist We paid for Spotify (love it) and you get the basic Hulu and Showtime included. Even better that we get a student discount since my wife takes classes.
    Thank you! I have Spotify, just the free version =)

Aside from a few films I want to see, it’s not worth keeping it post-Dexter.

Speaking of which, interesting first ep, but he’s gonna have some ‘splainin’ to do. 
    As with the later episodes of the first incarnation of Dexter, I'm rooting for Dex but also hoping he gets caught. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I don’t want him caught! Always rooting for him. Let’s see if Harrison is a chip off the old block. 
    hedonist said:
    I don’t want him caught! Always rooting for him. Let’s see if Harrison is a chip off the old block. 
    That's what I was thinking
    Getting caught, or rather having the people close to him catching on to him at least, would be a huge dynamic shift that the old show needed. Would've been a huge shot in the arm. That said, since we don't know the new cast of characters it wouldn't hold as much weight now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2021
    Am I crazy or is this season really good? I am really enjoying it but I don't know if it's just because of the decade layoff or because it's really decent. And I usually read recaps and reviews but I've avoided them so I don't know what the critics think. The Harrison stuff isn't bothering me as much as I kind of thought it would initially. 

Obviously with Dexter you gotta suspend reality a bit but I love the whole "world is crashing in on him" feeling and now it's absolutely kicking into high gear again.

******SPOILER******

I can't wait to see how he gets out of this, or doesn't. You think his girlfriend cop is gonna reach out to Batista? Or will the podcast chick figure it out first?

Also I thought he lived in Alaska. Is it really upstate NY? They made it seem like his girlfriend travelled to Manhatten and back really quickly as opposed to a cross country trip. Wasn't he living in the Pacific Northwest at the end of the last series?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Harrison kinda reminds me of Doogie Howser.

When Dexter said “he has my dark passenger “, I thought he’s really not, as Dex
    does it to “right” wrongs, where his son seemed to do it just for the hell of it.

Loved seeing Batista. I don’t see how he (or his girlfriend) won’t make the connection. 
    Is anyone up to date yet? I am really enjoying this season. Only 3 left. 

Actually started watching the first season again after this week's episode. Old school Dexter is such a fantastic television show. Thinking of getting the book that inspired it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I loved the last few episodes.  I have half of the one from Sunday to go.  
    Seeing Bautista was so great....would love to see him back in this, somehow.
    Harrison is kinda annoying but I still am loving it.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my wife loved the original series (minus the weirdo sister/girlfriend arc), but can't seem to get into this. I watched the first episode with her and I walked away. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

my wife loved the original series (minus the weirdo sister/girlfriend arc), but can't seem to get into this. I watched the first episode with her and I walked away. 
    What's her beef? Too much Harrison?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    What's her beef? Too much Harrison?
    she didn't mention anything specific. My guess is that it just doesn't capture the same formula it had originally. however, she was even beginning in the last season to start thinking "ok this is getting a bit much now". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Just watched #7. Remembered last night why we liked this show so much, because you root for him!
    Let's just train the kid already.

a5pj said:
    Just watched #7. Remembered last night why we liked this show so much, because you root for him!
    Let's just train the kid already.
    Classic Dex cliffhanger at the end too. I can't wait for Sunday.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, the abrupt ending was good.
    Great episode.
    Why were Dex and his kid over at his ex's house acting like everything was normal so much. I thought both the adults and kids had broken up, well def the adults. Wife and I were confused.

a5pj said:
    Great episode.
    Why were Dex and his kid over at his ex's house acting like everything was normal so much. I thought both the adults and kids had broken up, well def the adults. Wife and I were confused.
    They did not break up. At least I don't remember that happening. Dex said "I love you" to her when he kissed her. They probably just wanted everything to seem as normal as possible, given what happened the night before with Kurt and his henchman out in the woods. 

God I hope the finale is 2 hours long. This is their best season since Trinity. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Best ep of the season so far. I agree about being partial to the Trinity deal. 
    hedonist said:
    Best ep of the season so far. I agree about being partial to the Trinity deal. 
    I started season 2 of my re-watch. Kind of forgot how intense the Doakes/Dexter scenes were. Surprise mother fucker!

Only plan on re-watching the first two and maybe the Trinity season though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Watched the latest episode, last night.
    Very good.  
    Not sure how his gf stays with him, knowing that he is the BCB.  
    --
    SPOILER
    --

I was legit sad watching that last night. My wife, of course, laughed at me. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg