Show me something funny! Post em here. Make me laugh!!!

Comments

• Michael Buble and Mariah Carey have officially defrosted in time for Christmas. 
    Celine Dion?

I hope Adel never gets thrown in that mix...
  • Michael Buble and Mariah Carey have officially defrosted in time for Christmas. 
    Celine Dion?

My god they're not defrosting Celine as well! Adele is too cool!
    Celine Dion?

My god they're not defrosting Celine as well! Adele is too cool!
    Mariah Carrey was once cool...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I saw a video of a flash mob doing Christmas carols last night. Made me think I really want to see a video where no one else joins in and leaves the one dude hanging.
  • mace1229 said:
    I saw a video of a flash mob doing Christmas carols last night. Made me think I really want to see a video where no one else joins in and leaves the one dude hanging.
    lol, that was in a show I was watching.  Guy shows up for the flash mob and messed up the date.  When I can remember what it was I will post it.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mickeyrat said:
    Trust earned. That was good. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I like that. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    those obits are my favourite kind. I've always kind of hated funerals for the constant barrage of "(this person) was loved by all". no they weren't. they were a dick sometimes to someone. the person who does my eulogy better tell the truth. I plan on even writing down a few "suggestions" so they get it right. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    those obits are my favourite kind. I've always kind of hated funerals for the constant barrage of "(this person) was loved by all". no they weren't. they were a dick sometimes to someone. the person who does my eulogy better tell the truth. I plan on even writing down a few "suggestions" so they get it right. lol
    In that case, I nominate @PJ_Soul to write your eulogy.

:lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

She wouldn't be the first on the list anymore I don't think. A few others would probably volunteer before she would. lol maybe thirty bills would come back for the occasion. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dankind said:

”He had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say…we’ll miss him.”
    :bring_it:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    ^ Incredible! :plus_one::rofl:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    mickeyrat said:

Adults today would still let this happen, just that adult in the back would be on his phone 
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited December 2021
    -

-

Love this one!

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    May be an image of text that says If you think you are smarter than the previous generation50 years ago the owners manual of car showed you how to adjust the valves Today it warns you not to drink the of the battery contents
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited December 2021

trust me.....

I am now following this lady....

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    mickeyrat said:

trust me.....

I am now following this lady....

Haha!  I love it.  Aging with a great sense of humor, that's the way to go!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Today I woke up and knew it was going to be the day.

The way people talk about air fryers is ridiculous.

“You gotta try it.”

“It changed my life.”

“It saved my marriage.”

“It’s raising my kids.”

“It trained my dog.”

“It refinanced my home.”

It’s not that I didn’t believe everyone, it’s just that after my Instant Pot experience- the one where it took me almost a full year to take it out of the box and I used it all of twice due to being convinced it would explode in my face- I wasn’t ready for the next big appliance.

Plus, I don’t want a new appliance in my life. I don’t have the counter space. I don’t want to wash it. What if I never learn how to use it? And frankly I’m tired of feeling pressured by Big Kitchen to buy something “essential” every two years.

But the other day I went to my neighbor’s house and she was raving, I mean RAVING, about her air fryer. You air fryer guys are a cult and I’m used to your speeches, but then she made us and our kids onion rings and chicken tenders in like ten minutes. From frozen. Ten minutes.

They were all the way cooked, too.

I make a lot of chicken nuggets. Don’t judge me, every family has its struggle.

This will disgust those with air fryers, but I make them in my oven and have to flip them halfway through. The whole process takes about 25 minutes, which is two hours in weekday evening time. Plus the parchment paper, blah blah. I’m the summer the whole kitchen gets hot, too.

So today I decided to go and get one.

All I knew is that I wanted an air fryer that looks like the others I’ve seen- black, with that weird coffee filter basket at the bottom. I thought, it can’t be more than $40.

First: They are $100 today, which is predatory.

Second: All you air fryer enthusiasts failed to tell me there are 400 different kinds.

I grabbed the last black regular coffee machine time capsul giant thermos one they had, but then noticed a display in an adjacent aisle full of AIR FRYER TOASTER OVEN combos. Air fryer convections with all kinds of knobs and dials.

How can an air fryer also be a toaster oven with a clear glass viewing door? I thought the whole point was you put the jalapeño poppers in the basket, close it and the magic happens when nobody can see. You’re not supposed to be able to see it. That’s part of the technology. The mystery. Can it even work while you’re looking?

It was only $9 more than the basic non-toaster air fryer I was holding plus had room for twice as many nuggets.

I felt my brain begin to power cycle in a bad way at that point.

I asked a nice grandmother-ish age woman(you can trust grandmas to know what they’re talking about) who was also looking at the GMO air fryer toaster oven hybrids, which one to get.

She asked me a single question that wrecked my life.

“Do you really want to spend $100 to make chicken nuggets and fries only?”

I mean when you say it like that…no? It sounds crazy.

So I followed her to the convection oven air fryer crossover episode SECTION, there was a whole section and we discussed it for a good twenty minutes, almost as long as it takes to make the chicken nuggets I’m trying to expedite.

She came with research.

“You can make salmon in this one, chicken breast. This one’s bigger, but doesn’t last as long.” How she knew, I don’t know.

I know I’m not a weekday salmon type of person and learned from the Instant Pot that an appliance can’t change your nature, but what she was saying made a lot of sense. There were pictures on the boxes of green beans with almonds and one could make six pieces of toast et a time. I’ve never needed six pieces of toast at once but what if? You know?

She also brought up that the mashups could heat up, no, AIR FRY, a few slices of pizza. I hadn’t even considered pizza. There was a lot I hadn’t thought about.

In the end I bought a new bed for my dog.

I couldn’t decide.

I already have a toaster. I know I won’t make panko and dill encrusted salmon at 5:30 on a Tuesday. It’s not who I am.

But the black R2D2 air fryer being so close in price to the one making all kinds of culinary promises, it was too much.

I also bought hand soap.

When I left, the woman and her husband were using the tiles on the store floor and their feet to figure out how big one of them was. I was pre-panic attack and needed to excuse myself from tte conversation.

In conclusion, I’m going to the grocery store to buy more nuggs. For now I’ll be cooking them in my oven like a commoner.

So all that to say…where did you get your air fryer and do they have free shipping.

Love,

Bunmi ♥️🌹

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    ha! We were talked into getting an Insta-pot a few years ago, was told how amazing it was. We’ve used it twice I think and I’m not even exactly sure where it is right now or if we even still have it.
    I’ve used my little crock pot twice, and both were busts.

My sister got an air fryer a couple months ago and loves it. Uses it, too.

Here? Counter space is minimal and I’m not willing to sacrifice any of it for something I may use. 

• :lol::lol::lol:

I make a lot of chicken nuggets. Don’t judge me, every family has its struggle.

We discussed it for a good twenty minutes, almost as long as it takes to make the chicken nuggets

In the end I bought a new bed for my dog.

Seriously though, although your struggle is real, I really needed that, so thank you.