The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
     Well, the job that pays for these fun trips can also take away these trips.  Unfortunately staying home and working over the holidays. 

I have touched a club twice over the last 8 weeks so while fun, game wasn’t ready for paying $3k to play some nice courses 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    As a massive Tiger fan, this Golf Channel lovefest about Tiger and his kid is repulsive and creepy.

Fucking comparing him to Ken Norton who was "twice named father of the year".....COME AGAIN?!?!?!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    As a massive Tiger fan, this Golf Channel lovefest about Tiger and his kid is repulsive and creepy.

Fucking comparing him to Ken Norton who was "twice named father of the year".....COME AGAIN?!?!?!
    EXACTLY, cliff. tiger was a good golfer and a POS person.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Uhhh yeah this is getting to be a bit much.  The kid is 12 years old.....everyone relax.
    Watched about four holes of the PNC this afternoon.  Charlie was throwing some darts out there and hitting putts.  

Tiger is looking old.  Walking 72 holes is going to be the big question. Rest of the game is there (not saying he'll be winning five times a year but see no reason why he can't win again if he can walk 72 holes without too much trouble).  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

EXACTLY, cliff. tiger was a good golfer and a POS person.
    Coming from a Cowboys fan, a franchise who only selects the finest human beings possible, this is quite the dagger. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tiger made mistakes.  If he is owning up to them and making changes then maybe we can drop the POS label.  The dude has never had a normal life.  
    Tiger made mistakes.  If he is owning up to them and making changes then maybe we can drop the POS label.  The dude has never had a normal life.  
    That is no excuse to be a poor tipper....which is the reason Wob doesn't like him. lol

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    That is no excuse to be a poor tipper....which is the reason Wob doesn't like him. lol

Mr. Pink disagrees..

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Played 3 rounds in the last 3 days. Shot 86 all 3 rounds. Atleast I'm consistent! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Maintenance..

Kapalua! Absolutely a top 5 pro golf week of the year. 
    The Hawaii/West coast swing is prob my favorite part of the schedule.  Some primetime golf is always a good thing.  Also saw they switched the Farmers to Wednesday-Saturday this year so they don't go up against championship Sunday for the NFL....will be a nice Saturday night finish.  
    The Hawaii/West coast swing is prob my favorite part of the schedule.  Some primetime golf is always a good thing.  Also saw they switched the Farmers to Wednesday-Saturday this year so they don't go up against championship Sunday for the NFL....will be a nice Saturday night finish.  
    I love it too. Makes you realize warmer weather is not quite that far away. 

Good idea for the Farmers. I was going to suggest them doing the same thing for the Waste Management one too, but that always seems to end right around the SB kickoff. It's almost perfect timing every year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I have a client near San Diego, like 10 minutes from Torrey.  We've worked with them for a bit over a year now and haven't met in person. I was pushing for a meeting around the tournament, but no go this year...maybe next.

Yeah, the west coast swing is much better than Florida.  Torrey/Riviera/Pebble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bay Hill/Sawgrass/PGA National
    Got myself a nice xmas present.  Have been thinning out my poster collection and treated myself to a SIM 2 Max.  I've always struggled with driver big time and usually tee off with a utility iron but this thing is pretty damn good so far.  Can't wait to get out on a real course and hit it...

Got myself a nice xmas present.  Have been thinning out my poster collection and treated myself to a SIM 2 Max.  I've always struggled with driver big time and usually tee off with a utility iron but this thing is pretty damn good so far.  Can't wait to get out on a real course and hit it...

Nice!  Whatever helps your game.  I spent the summer demo-ing drivers at my club.  I hit them all including that one, and none of them I hit as well as my old Taylormade SLDR.  I think you adjust your swing to your driver over time.  People who hit the Sim 2 swear by it.  
    How often do you guys upgrade your driver and the rest of the bag?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2022
    Yeah people love that driver and now that the stealth is out, that might drop in price…a bit at least

Juggs, basically never. I have probably 10 year old Taylor made irons and callaway driver around the same age. Comfortable with them so why try something new, not that I’m any good. Same putter since I was 15 probably. I might try that Sim 2 out though with how much people love it 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    I went for a professional driver fitting last summer with a highly recommended fitter.  Hit balls for an hour, trying probably 15 different driver/shaft combos.  Couldn't get any better numbers than I was getting with my gamer TaylorMade M1 with a Tour AD custom shaft, which is from 2017.  Every year they promise more distance, and I figured there was a magical driver out there with 10-20 extra yds in it.  But it turns out I probably just need to hit the gym if I'm going to find those yds..But maybe I'll go back in 2022 and see if there's a magic new driver out there!!!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    ddeschler said:
    I went for a professional driver fitting last summer with a highly recommended fitter.  Hit balls for an hour, trying probably 15 different driver/shaft combos.  Couldn't get any better numbers than I was getting with my gamer TaylorMade M1 with a Tour AD custom shaft, which is from 2017.  Every year they promise more distance, and I figured there was a magical driver out there with 10-20 extra yds in it.  But it turns out I probably just need to hit the gym if I'm going to find those yds..But maybe I'll go back in 2022 and see if there's a magic new driver out there!!!
    This is my experience.  Maybe with the newer tech you could tighten your dispersion a bit.  But that's not worth$500 to me.  Put on a new grip and let her rip. Play the club you like. 
    Yeah people love that driver and now that the stealth is out, that might drop in price…a bit at least

Juggs, basically never. I have probably 10 year old Taylor made irons and call away driver around the same age. Comfortable with them so why try something new, not that I’m any good. Same putter since I was 15 probably. I might try that Sim 2 out though with how much people love it 

Yeah I picked a bad time to buy the Sim 2.  Could have waited a few more weeks and got the Stealth.  Although I think I saw that is going for $600 which is just crazy.  My old driver was a Nike one so it was definitely time for an upgrade there.  
    I am a weekend warrior.  A used or older model driver that is $300 less will work j98% as good as any new model.

Put the money in chipping and putting lessons.  That'll do your score better than any new club.
    So fitting that Reed is a PXG troop now. So fitting
    Phil with driver off the deck from 330 and gets to the green on a 675 yard par 5 in 2.  He's the best.

This is going to be great.  Can't believe the list of players they got to commit to this show.  The Masters allowing access is probably the most surprising.  Same people who make the Netflix F1 show which is incredible.  

https://golf.com/news/netflix-pga-tour-show-players-involved/
    This is going to be great.  Can't believe the list of players they got to commit to this show.  The Masters allowing access is probably the most surprising.  Same people who make the Netflix F1 show which is incredible.  

https://golf.com/news/netflix-pga-tour-show-players-involved/
    Came here to post this. Pretty stoked to watch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, that will be very cool.

How about the Tim Rosaforte news?  That's terrible. I don't think I realized he was completely gone from TV even.
    Yeah, that will be very cool.

How about the Tim Rosaforte news?  That's terrible. I don't think I realized he was completely gone from TV even.
    When I heard it was from Alzheimers complications I was shocked.  Like you I didn't think he was away from tv that long.