2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Forget to comment on Sunday's game.  LOL.

And their next 2 games are on SNF and MNF.  I feel bad for the rest of the country having to watch this embarrassment of a franchise.  Hopefully they just keep getting their asses kicked and the clown show McCaskey's have no choice but to fire Pace and Nagy.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Forget to comment on Sunday's game.  LOL.

And their next 2 games are on SNF and MNF.  I feel bad for the rest of the country having to watch this embarrassment of a franchise.  Hopefully they just keep getting their asses kicked and the clown show McCaskey's have no choice but to fire Pace and Nagy.
    Fields to start against GB.
    Not sure how I feel about this.  The kid needs the reps, but he also needs to survive.  With the season in the shitter, I'd almost rather see him sit and let teams beat the shit out of Foles.  
  • Got a text from our old friend Speedy McCready after his surgery . He had a heart attack, cardiac arrest & zapped back to us yesterday. He's in an ICU & doing ok, as of this morning. He is now an honorary member of the Bob Swerski Super Fan Club 

https://youtu.be/kBnnon_iZOM

So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Wow.  I'm sorry to hear this.  I hope he has a full and speedy recovery (no pun intended).
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Got a text from our old friend Speedy McCready after his surgery . He had a heart attack, cardiac arrest & zapped back to us yesterday. He's in an ICU & doing ok, as of this morning. He is now an honorary member of the Bob Swerski Super Fan Club 

Holy crap.
    Best wishes for a "speedy" and full recovery.
    Hope to see him not giving a rat's ass on the forum soon.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Got a text from our old friend Speedy McCready after his surgery . He had a heart attack, cardiac arrest & zapped back to us yesterday. He's in an ICU & doing ok, as of this morning. He is now an honorary member of the Bob Swerski Super Fan Club 

Holy crap.
    Best wishes for a "speedy" and full recovery.
    Hope to see him not giving a rat's ass on the forum soon.
    Hahaha!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    get well, speedy!

don’t watch the bears….no good can come from that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    When Speedy recovers he has to tell us whether it was Andy Dalton's 4 picks or EdVed's Chicago ticket prices that caused the heart attack.
  • Poncier said:
    When Speedy recovers he has to tell us whether it was Andy Dalton's 4 picks or EdVed's Chicago ticket prices that caused the heart attack.
    December 7th, a day that will live in infamy. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Have an EPIC recovery, man.  
    Best wishes.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Poncier said:
    Get well buddy.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    edited December 2021
    Tomorrow I am going to tell you fine folks a story, that's, well, quite a story. 
    Tuesday at around 9am I was clinically dead. But other than that, I was having an ordinary day. 
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Wobbie said:
    get well, speedy!

don’t watch the bears….no good can come from that.
    Thank you.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Get well buddy.
    Thank you
  • Have an EPIC recovery, man.  
    Best wishes.
    Have an EPIC recovery, man.  
    Best wishes.
    Thank you
  • Tomorrow I am going to tell you fine folks a story, that's, well, quite a story. 
    Tuesday at around 9am I was clinically dead. But other than that, I was having an ordinary day. 
    Been there, done that ☠️ 😉
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    Another national TV embarrassment.  Not much left to say at this point.  Nagy is gone and Pace better be gone too.

I know Fields is surrounded by shit but there's not much he's doing out there to feel good about besides his scrambling ability.  Just brutal.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    that was brutal. defense did good things and the offense couldn’t do shit.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Nagy and Pace are both out!!!  Time to clean up this embarrassment of an organizationl.
  • Nagy and Pace are both out!!!  Time to clean up this embarrassment of an organizationl.
    Like it matters. 
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,586
    edited January 2022
    I went the game in Minnesota on Sunday and it felt like a typical Bears game.  The looked good in the first half then completely fell apart in the 2nd half.  It seemed like some of the secondary gave up during those long passes from the Vikings. 

I look forward to getting a new coach and GM but they need to raise the talent level on the roster before they can compete in the NFC.  Of course they are lacking draft picks as usual. 
    Post edited by jeff2040 on
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
    That press conference with George McCaskey and Ted Phillips yesterday was a complete disaster.  An absolute clown act.  The fact that they are bringing in 80 year old Bill Polian to advise them shows how out of touch they are.  Oh yeah, and the fact that they are meeting with coaching candidates before hiring a GM is typical Bears.  You bring in the GM and they pick the coach!!!  Nothing will ever change with this team until ownership changes.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Fucking clowns cannot even fire people correctly. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    And naturally the Bears are interviewing coaching candidates before they hire a GM. Apparently they're already asking the Colts D coordinator back for a 2nd interview next week.  Hire the fucking GM first and let him run the coaching search!!  Why is this so hard?!?!  
    And naturally the Bears are interviewing coaching candidates before they hire a GM. Apparently they're already asking the Colts D coordinator back for a 2nd interview next week.  Hire the fucking GM first and let him run the coaching search!!  Why is this so hard?!?!  
    I was wondering that too.  That is the absolute worst idea ever.  I mean, who the f is doing these interviews....the McCaskey's?  Ugh!
    It really is incredible how bad they are at this.  Even the Giants are doing it right and hiring the GM first.  
    Ryan Poles is the GM.  It's hard to feel good about any decision the Bears make but this guy seems to br thought pretty highly of around the league.  Let's see who he brings in as head coach....apparently 67 year old Jim Caldwell is a finalist. :grimacing:
    Ryan Poles is the GM.  It's hard to feel good about any decision the Bears make but this guy seems to br thought pretty highly of around the league.  Let's see who he brings in as head coach....apparently 67 year old Jim Caldwell is a finalist. :grimacing:

Not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see.  Sounds like a number of teams had him towards the top of their list.  Is Daboll still available?  I do NOT want fn Caldwell!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    This is the way things often are in the modern NFL.  The coach is basically the most important manager and everything radiates out from him.  The Bills hired McDermott and he hand selected Beane as the GM.  That relationship and working hand in hand is invaluable.  Coaches are essentially the general managers, while the GMs manage all the resources and people in the front office.  Gathering information, working on cap/contractual stuff, etc.    
    Eberflus is the guy.  That was fast.  I just hope this was Poles decision on his own and wasn't influenced by the rest of the clown act at Halas Hall.  Ryan and Matt....again!!!