Options

Infrastructure Bill Discussion

13»

Comments

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Hopefully projects, grants, etc. process smoother than the Massachusetts Legislature deciding how to spend Federal Cares Act/Recovery Act dollars. 4.9 out 5.3 billion still unspent and not earmarked. And they just went on recess until the turn of the year. (The other 49 states have spent an average of 65% of their stimulus dollars.). 

Not sure if this is the place…. Just venting. Very frustrating and typical slow moving and indecisive government. 

Love to all. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    DM282158 said:
    Hopefully projects, grants, etc. process smoother than the Massachusetts Legislature deciding how to spend Federal Cares Act/Recovery Act dollars. 4.9 out 5.3 billion still unspent and not earmarked. And they just went on recess until the turn of the year. (The other 49 states have spent an average of 65% of their stimulus dollars.). 

Not sure if this is the place…. Just venting. Very frustrating and typical slow moving and indecisive government. 

Love to all. 

Sounds very frustrating, DM.  Any idea what's going to happen to all that money?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    DM282158 said:

Love to all. 

Sounds very frustrating, DM.  Any idea what's going to happen to all that money?
    Gov. Baker announced his proposal a few months back. Public health spending, bonuses for front line workers, millions in work force training. (Don’t quote me too much; I’m going off memory.). Legislature bickered for months and couldn’t come to resolution. Definition of inexcusable in my opinion. Especially when the vast majority of the state legislature is made up one of one political party; who’ve worked generally very smoothly with the Governor for years. Legislature put forth no proposal whatsoever. No counter, no nothing. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,779
    I think with money of this type its a use it or lose it proposition....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    mickeyrat said:

But it eventually goes somewhere, right?
    Colleges don39t have the money to pay athletes It39s trapped in their deep deep  pockets - List Land

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    100% correct. Federal stimulus dollars need to be ear marked by end of 2022 (I’m pretty sure) and used by 2024 or 2026, depending on what it’s being spent on. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15