Eddie doing episode of Audible’s Words + Music

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
     :) 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Anyone just pay the $6 for the download on Amazon? Wondering if I get to keep it that way?

Excited to find a block of time to sit down with this!! I was pleasantly surprised by and enjoyed the Howard Stern interview he did about a year ago, this looks to be even better.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Any word on this becoming available in the UK?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    tino_11 said:

It won't be.

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Very cool listen. I have about 15 minutes left for the drive home this afternoon. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    Anyone just pay the $6 for the download on Amazon? Wondering if I get to keep it that way?

Excited to find a block of time to sit down with this!! I was pleasantly surprised by and enjoyed the Howard Stern interview he did about a year ago, this looks to be even better.
    Thinking I just might buy it too
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

I bought it
    I miss igotid88
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    demetrios said:
    tino_11 said:

It won't be.

Damn  :o  I just got to listen to the teaser and it sounded awesome. Is there another way to listen to this? 

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I bought it, but was hoping there was a way to download it to my computer. All I see is a way to stream it on my phone or computer, but can't download it. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Bump! 
  • rahjiim said:
    So I have a German audible account, where of course it is not available. I registered for audible.com, but even with a VPN I'm not allowed to buy it in my country... Probably I need to disconnect the account from my Amazon account.

But why is this so hard?? Why can I get Alice Cooper or Sherryl Crow, but not EV?? 
    I sent a request to the German customer service. They answered quickly and let me know that they don't have it in their program planning but they will forward my request to the responsible department, who will check it. Maybe you can also write them. I  am sure chances will be better if more people write and ask for it.
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 120
    CarisaJ said:
    rahjiim said:
    So I have a German audible account, where of course it is not available. I registered for audible.com, but even with a VPN I'm not allowed to buy it in my country... Probably I need to disconnect the account from my Amazon account.

But why is this so hard?? Why can I get Alice Cooper or Sherryl Crow, but not EV?? 
    I sent a request to the German customer service. They answered quickly and let me know that they don't have it in their program planning but they will forward my request to the responsible department, who will check it. Maybe you can also write them. I  am sure chances will be better if more people write and ask for it.
    I already did, but I don't have much hope. But I'd really love to know how this works, who decides that Sherryl Crow and Alice Cooper are more popular in Germany than EV?? 
    mfc2006 said:
    I bought it, but was hoping there was a way to download it to my computer. All I see is a way to stream it on my phone or computer, but can't download it. 
    I can download it to my PC but doesn't work. If I download on my mobile phone, it'll work.

Bump!
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 440
    This was a great listen. Always enjoy when members of the band are willing to open up around their creative process.

The origin of I Am Mine is wonderful to hear from Ed. Always drawn to the song had a different weight around it now. 

So grateful they are still making music and can't wait for 2022. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited November 2021
    This was awesome. I could have listened to Eddie talk for 7 hours, 1.5 felt so short.

Appreciate him opening up and sharing some new info. Didn’t know Uke Songs was basically already written. Condensed writing sessions post kids makes sense and fits the change we all felt in the music after Riot Act. With the kids older now, and especially covid times, I feel like he doesn’t always have to put music in the backseat now. Plus he even recorded with Olivia! 

Didn’t know he loved reading plays - this makes so much sense.

Thank you Eddie!! I hope someone has saved a local version so we can revisit if this disappears online in a few years or so.

Edit: anything else good on Audible now that I have this 30 day trial?
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    OceansJenny said: Anything else good on Audible now that I have this 30 day trial?
    Dave Grohl's The Storyteller
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • SlaintchSlaintch Brussels Posts: 18
    Very disappointing this has not been made available outside North America. Maybe Ten Club could do something and make it available worldwide ? Selling it as mp3 download in the store should'nt be that difficult...
    If anyone has another option, I would be very thankfull to know :)
    potnik said:
    So grateful they are still making music and can't wait for 2022. 

Bump!

New Episode Alert! this week we dive into @eddievedder @audible original ‘I Am Mine’. Lots of talking points here!! Then we discuss Eddie’s new tour dates juxtaposed with the eventual return of @pearljam. All that and our Lyric and Live Cut of the Week - Down. Listen now! Link is in our bio for all platforms. #SOLATpod #pearljam #eddievedder #rock #rocknroll #music #tour #roskilde #jackirons #joestrummer #podcast #podcasts

Bump!
  • Is there really no chance to listen to it in Germany?
    ER261525 said:
    Is there really no chance to listen to it in Germany?

Nope, but there are other ways.