Kamala Harris - VP Pick

18910111214»

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I’m not Nicky, so I’m not responsible no or what he/she said. If he thinks Kamala was picked only for her color, then you can discuss that with him. I never said that. 
     So not commenting on her race means that it wasn’t predicted? Even you said we all expected a female, but I don’t see people going on about her gender at the beginning of this thread either. Not even you.

You don’t need to be a genius to predict what was coming when someone says “I prefer someone of color and/or female” to think it’s probably a female, and probably non-white. Doesn’t mean it definitely is, or that’s the only thing considered. But odds are in your favor if you make that bet.
    Nobody talked about the gender because we all knew it would be a woman. He did not even consider any men. He did, however, consider Caucasian women. The three I mentioned previously were all finalists and many people were predicting it would be one of them up until the announcement. 

You may not be nicky, but you've glombed onto his argument here today. 
    I never said she was picked only because she was black. Not sure why you keep trying to claim I did.
    Second, you pointed out that since no one, not even me, talked about her race then therefore no one was expecting a woman of color since we didn’t discuss it. But then you add no one talked about her gender because everyone knew it was going to be female. So which is it, do we discuss things we all already know or not?
    None of these issues you bring up erase the fact Biden said himself he wants someone of color and/or female. It wasn’t a surprise he picked a black female. I’ve never said she wasn’t qualified or being black was her only qualification. Just that Biden made that comment. I’ve given a link to it. Not sure why you continue to argue and make up things I've said. Do you think he never said that? Can you point to where I've claimed being black was her only qualification?
    Someone said she was only picked because she was black and female, which clearly wasn't true. You picked up that argument after he bowed out. Not sure what to tell you man. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I’m not Nicky, so I’m not responsible no or what he/she said. If he thinks Kamala was picked only for her color, then you can discuss that with him. I never said that. 
     So not commenting on her race means that it wasn’t predicted? Even you said we all expected a female, but I don’t see people going on about her gender at the beginning of this thread either. Not even you.

You don’t need to be a genius to predict what was coming when someone says “I prefer someone of color and/or female” to think it’s probably a female, and probably non-white. Doesn’t mean it definitely is, or that’s the only thing considered. But odds are in your favor if you make that bet.
    Nobody talked about the gender because we all knew it would be a woman. He did not even consider any men. He did, however, consider Caucasian women. The three I mentioned previously were all finalists and many people were predicting it would be one of them up until the announcement. 

I never said she was picked only because she was black. Not sure why you keep trying to claim I did.
    Second, you pointed out that since no one, not even me, talked about her race then therefore no one was expecting a woman of color since we didn’t discuss it. But then you add no one talked about her gender because everyone knew it was going to be female. So which is it, do we discuss things we all already know or not?
    None of these issues you bring up erase the fact Biden said himself he wants someone of color and/or female. It wasn’t a surprise he picked a black female. I’ve never said she wasn’t qualified or being black was her only qualification. Just that Biden made that comment. I’ve given a link to it. Not sure why you continue to argue and make up things I've said. Do you think he never said that? Can you point to where I've claimed being black was her only qualification?
    Someone said she was only picked because she was black and female, which clearly wasn't true. You picked up that argument after he bowed out. Not sure what to tell you man. 
    No one bowed out. I stand by what I said. I’m not wasting my time going back and forth here. I clearly don’t have as much time or patience as you since you’ve kept this argument going all day and night with multiple people at once. Impressive.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Well, I never said that nor did I continue his argument. So I guess we can move on now.
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

No one bowed out. I stand by what I said. I’m not wasting my time going back and forth here. I clearly don’t have as much time or patience as you since you’ve kept this argument going all day and night with multiple people at once. Impressive.
    Thanks Nick!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Thanks Nick!
    👍🏼
    Tucker continues to disparage our Vice President. Has he said anything regarding Ted Cruz being from Canada?

https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-claims-kamala-harris-210421007.html

Tucker Carlson says Kamala Harris is 'not from this country' because she went to school in Canada

Tucker Carlson Fox News screenshot
    Fox News host Tucker Carlson on "Tucker Carlson Tonight."Screenshot via Fox News
    • Tucker Carlson said Kamala Harris is "not from this country" because she went to school in Canada.

• Harris was born in Oakland, California. She moved to Canada for her middle- and high-school years.

• Carlson has said he briefly attended a boarding school in Switzerland.

On Monday, Fox News host Tucker Carlson used a portion of his prime-time show to criticize Vice President Kamala Harris, saying she's "not from this country" because she went to school in Canada.

"There's a lot we don't know about Kamala Harris. Most people probably don't know she really grew up in Canada. It's where she went to high school. She's not from this country in that sense, or she's certainly also from Canada," Carlson said.

Carlson has raised similar questions about Harris' background in the past — notably attacking her dating history — and has repeatedly mispronounced her name.

Carlson's comments on Monday also added to the rumors floated about Harris' nationality. Last year, when Harris became nominee Joe Biden's running mate, far-right figures, as well as President Donald Trump, repeated racist conspiracy theories about Harris' eligibility to be on the Democratic ballot.

Harris is an American. She was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved to Montreal for her middle- and high-school years because her mother, a biologist and cancer researcher, got a job there. She returned to the United States for college at Howard University.

Carlson, who's also from San Francisco, attended school outside the country when he was growing up, according to an interview he gave to a Swiss magazine. The conservative commentator told the magazine he briefly attended a boarding school in Switzerland before he "got kicked out."

Before Harris attended Howard University, she worked at a McDonald's in the Bay Area for a year after graduating from her Montreal high school. She also returned to California on school breaks and over the summers, her longtime friend recently told Insider.

"I didn't notice any major change," Stacey Johnson-Batiste, Harris' friend, said in an interview with Insider about her book on growing up with Harris. "She just seemed happy to be home and excited about going off to college. So I just think that it helped broaden her perspective."

chinese-happy.jpg
  • She "Always wanted power".  Trump wanted to be elected because it was just something to do right Tucker?

Jeezus...
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Tucker continues to disparage our Vice President. Has he said anything regarding Ted Cruz being from Canada?

https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlson-claims-kamala-harris-210421007.html

Tucker Carlson says Kamala Harris is 'not from this country' because she went to school in Canada

Tucker Carlson Fox News screenshot
    Fox News host Tucker Carlson on "Tucker Carlson Tonight."Screenshot via Fox News
    • Tucker Carlson said Kamala Harris is "not from this country" because she went to school in Canada.

• Harris was born in Oakland, California. She moved to Canada for her middle- and high-school years.

• Carlson has said he briefly attended a boarding school in Switzerland.

On Monday, Fox News host Tucker Carlson used a portion of his prime-time show to criticize Vice President Kamala Harris, saying she's "not from this country" because she went to school in Canada.

"There's a lot we don't know about Kamala Harris. Most people probably don't know she really grew up in Canada. It's where she went to high school. She's not from this country in that sense, or she's certainly also from Canada," Carlson said.

Carlson has raised similar questions about Harris' background in the past — notably attacking her dating history — and has repeatedly mispronounced her name.

Carlson's comments on Monday also added to the rumors floated about Harris' nationality. Last year, when Harris became nominee Joe Biden's running mate, far-right figures, as well as President Donald Trump, repeated racist conspiracy theories about Harris' eligibility to be on the Democratic ballot.

Harris is an American. She was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved to Montreal for her middle- and high-school years because her mother, a biologist and cancer researcher, got a job there. She returned to the United States for college at Howard University.

Carlson, who's also from San Francisco, attended school outside the country when he was growing up, according to an interview he gave to a Swiss magazine. The conservative commentator told the magazine he briefly attended a boarding school in Switzerland before he "got kicked out."

Before Harris attended Howard University, she worked at a McDonald's in the Bay Area for a year after graduating from her Montreal high school. She also returned to California on school breaks and over the summers, her longtime friend recently told Insider.

"I didn't notice any major change," Stacey Johnson-Batiste, Harris' friend, said in an interview with Insider about her book on growing up with Harris. "She just seemed happy to be home and excited about going off to college. So I just think that it helped broaden her perspective."

Fuck my grandpa actually was canadian...I guess I'm not one of you, or else at least im also partially canadian...wtf  Damn I worked outside of the country for three years too.  I'll never be good enough for Tucker and I've been trying so hard.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Hobbes said:
    good.

on the flip side trump did his colonoscopy without anesthesia because he refused to cede any power over to pence. even if for only 1 hour.

face it though. it is not like trump was capable of discharging the duties of the office even on a good day.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    She damn well better not have been wearing a tan suit during that pooper check up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • She damn well better not have been wearing a tan suit during that pooper check up. 
    She should have called a press conference, made the assembled press wait for 15 minutes after the announced time, walked up to the podium in a tan suit, minus a lapel pin, then announced as POTUS, she was directing the department of education to implement CRT immediately through an EO for grades K-12 and then taken questions.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    I saw how Fox was making a big deal over her buying $500 worth of cookware the other day. lol.

It never ends. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I saw how Fox was making a big deal over her buying $500 worth of cookware the other day. lol.

It never ends. 
    Contributing to the economy? Are you kidding me? Everyone knows someone more deserving should have been able to purchase that cookware. Way to drive up inflation, KaaaaaMaaaaaaaLAaaaaaaaaaaa.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I saw how Fox was making a big deal over her buying $500 worth of cookware the other day. lol.

It never ends. 
    Contributing to the economy? Are you kidding me? Everyone knows someone more deserving should have been able to purchase that cookware. Way to drive up inflation, KaaaaaMaaaaaaaLAaaaaaaaaaaa.

Is $500 really a lot for cookwear these days?  I don't think so.  I mean, even a simple but well made sauce pan can run $50 to $75.  And to be honest, I don't want my Vice President to be eating food cooked in some cheap-ass aluminum or toxic- Teflon cookware. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

It never ends. 

Is $500 really a lot for cookwear these days?  I don't think so.  I mean, even a simple but well made sauce pan can run $50 to $75.  And to be honest, I don't want my Vice President to be eating food cooked in some cheap-ass aluminum or toxic- Teflon cookware. 
    Honestly, I care more about my cookware than anyone’s in the House.